Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC at end of bounty campaign - page 6. (Read 3292 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
May 22, 2018, 04:49:16 PM
This is frowned upon because some bounty hunters do not have the necessary documents yet to confirm their identity so their time and effort is wasted for how many months they were promoting the campaign. Some also have the documents but choose not to do the KYC because they are afraid that their information will be use illegally that might endanger them. This should be announce upon the commencement of the campaign so that bounty hunters can choose whether they would like to participate or not. The project also lose its reputation when they do this kind of scheme and it's not good for the participant.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
May 22, 2018, 04:49:00 PM
I do not really like this idea but if it will move forward the transfer of coins to those who are needed to be paid then I shall.
I still want to be anonymous with this kind of field but you are force to do so by giving them your information. Some countries will just do that. Better to pick the ICO that have no country restriction. Look at where their company is based.
Activity: 166
Merit: 4
May 22, 2018, 04:46:15 PM
Actually some manager who uses KYC during there project are suppose to talk about at the beginning of the project but they all use to give update about the campiagn if there will be a KYC it will be at the end of the campign to know those that are using multiple account. the meaning of KYC simply means know your customer it is the way to know if you are real or fake.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
May 22, 2018, 04:22:18 PM
sometimes I don't blame the bounty managers. The project developers do not give them info as early as possible and so they have to give the news immediately they're told
Activity: 242
Merit: 13
May 22, 2018, 04:19:22 PM
I am against this kind of System and if it is needed for the bounty to get paid I'd rather not participate with them. I really think the anonymity or the privacy of every person will be deprived.
Activity: 157
Merit: 0
May 22, 2018, 03:24:51 PM
With KYC I think will be difficult to get the payment. And with our KYC still passes through several stages to pass examination charging KYC. And if we do not qualify for sure our struggle during work on the project would be very wasteful and only makes us annoyed.
Activity: 421
Merit: 101
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 22, 2018, 03:24:32 PM
KYC - it is important requirement and obligatory for the most regulated ICO.
I think that in the near future all the bounties of normal ICO projects will require identification of the identity - and this will be common process.
The necessity of this procedure for bounty hunters is not obvious. The main complaint to this procedure is that its need usually becomes a surprise. For various reasons, not everyone wants to go through it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
May 22, 2018, 03:17:39 PM
It all depends on the purpose for which KYC will be used. Wink
First of all, this should be used to exclude bots. But this can also be used to reduce bounty costs.
Therefore, the tool itself is not bad, but the result depends on who will use it...
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
It's an ocean of meaning and a wide jungle
May 22, 2018, 03:12:49 PM
What do you think about bounty campaigns that announce their KYC check at the end of the campaign? Many bounty hunters simply don't want to do that and the bounty managers or the ICO teams get free promotion for their projects.

Is this fair?

Every bounty thread should clearly state, wether there will be a KYC or not. We should ask the admins for changing the rules regarding this issue.

What do you think?
KYC or not, to me it doesn't really make any difference. The major difference is the timing of the announcement or incorporation into the Bounty Campaign. It's very wrong and tantamount to breach of agreement should it be announced at the end of the campaign. Doesn't show fairness. Every bounty managers should announce this before the Bounty is started to make everyone aware
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
May 22, 2018, 03:12:35 PM
I am also most disliked the system. But if there's already a notice beginning could certainly think about want to follow it or not. But if notice of the end will be very difficult to accept it. If not given unpaid of course we KYC. However, if the given identity then we may be misused.
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
May 22, 2018, 03:10:19 PM
Well, this is complete nonsense, especially when for some reason you can not go through this KYC and in the end, you just wasted your time for this campaign, and of course, no one warned you
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
May 22, 2018, 03:06:16 PM
It happens to me recently. The bounty manager didn't mention it earlier
They are cheating !! if they mention it earlier i think many hunter will not join their campaign because this KYC rules
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
May 22, 2018, 03:04:17 PM
What do you think about bounty campaigns that announce their KYC check at the end of the campaign? Many bounty hunters simply don't want to do that and the bounty managers or the ICO teams get free promotion for their projects.

Is this fair?

Every bounty thread should clearly state, wether there will be a KYC or not. We should ask the admins for changing the rules regarding this issue.

What do you think?

Yes, I agree that if a campaign will have KYC, then it should be announced at the start. There are plenty of people who are rightly wary of submitting KYC documentation, and if a company doesn't mention it until right at the end, then it could be interpreted as manipulating the bounty hunter into working for free.
KYC is becoming more and more important, and any good campaign will mention it at the start. The excpetion I suppose is when a company might only become aware that KYC is necessary partway through the project - in which case they should announce it as soon as they can.
Activity: 150
May 22, 2018, 03:03:58 PM
I think the bounty that asks for KYC at the end of the campaign is a very suspicious bounty because dev is trying not to pay the participants who join so they complicate the participants and this is the thing I hate the most
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
May 22, 2018, 02:58:32 PM
Recently few of Bounties are asking for kyc, it is to avoid multiple accounts in one bounty. But they have to mention at the starting of bounty is good.
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
May 22, 2018, 02:52:27 PM
It is normal when at the end of the company the multi accounts are lost, in this case an award will be more for those who performs
tasks honestly. It is necessary to enter to thread every week and check if кyc not to lose an award for work.
Activity: 16
May 21, 2018, 02:37:13 AM
KYC - it is important requirement and obligatory for the most regulated ICO.
I think that in the near future all the bounties of normal ICO projects will require identification of the identity - and this will be common process.
Activity: 197
May 20, 2018, 01:01:12 PM
Almost all serious projects require documents, and soon it will be mandatory for all projects. the only annoying thing that this procedure is done in the end, in my opinion the rules should be set at the beginning.
Activity: 812
May 20, 2018, 12:28:43 PM
There is a good effect also having a kyc in fairness because they want to determine if you have a multiple accounts, a lot of members here has a multiple accounts so to be fair with other members they implement this kyc.

What's fair in that?
Many people dislike KYC and they'd never get involved if they knew that they'd be required to go through it.

It would be very good if such bounty managers and projects could be blacklisted somehow.
I think it's a scheme for them to pay less bounty tokens then it was planned.

KYC is fair for me, at least it will lessen the abuser who tries to cheat the bounty program. but will be better if they announce the KYC at the beginning. because i see most of KYC which should use a passport and I'm sure no all people have a passport.
Activity: 588
May 20, 2018, 06:44:15 AM
Well, i dont like to share always my personal stuff but at least it has one good thing. Scammer and multiple accounts will be busted
Pages:
Jump to: