Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 21. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
August 02, 2018, 09:34:49 PM
I dont give my kyc informations to any airdrop, I dont trust any airdrop for this. Icos must need kyc it is typical and I give my kyc to icos however I dont like airdrops much in light of the fact that occasionally I see some individual can get laid.
Activity: 349
Merit: 10
August 02, 2018, 02:50:51 PM
If airdrop also use the system KYC very reasonable according to me because it’s too excessive, if for the bounty is only natural because the need to security let to escape spam but if airdrop is very.

You're right. I don't have any problems with KYC. If they ask, I will show them. I understand they need to avoid multiaccount. But I do not think that's a good way, the cheater can easily pass it. ICOs should use an intermediary KYC system.

Activity: 92
Merit: 2
The Future Of Work
August 02, 2018, 02:42:06 PM
Participating in airdrop is not bad, But if our personal documents are compliant to receive unfamiliar tokens and no guarantee that we will pay a great deal of money here, I will not exchange my identity for that. Because they can use it for illegal activities and you may be suspect.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
August 02, 2018, 02:21:47 PM
I honestly for Idrop did not see KYC and for me it is useless,as 90% if not more of hydropow is slag,which is not what will not cost and even you can't sell,so sense at all to talk about something no,and I don't think this werdo,a waste of time
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
August 02, 2018, 02:15:51 PM
Now a lot of projects began to carry out the kus, it frightens people, the essence of anonymity is lost and even your documents can then be sold.
Activity: 84
July 31, 2018, 09:48:07 PM
I agree with you here, and also think it's dangerous to submit your personal identification (sometimes including address, etc.) in order to receive a few free tokens from an unproven project.  For an ICO with a large order of an ICO, this is more reasonable to ensure fairness and that members who from restricted regions aren't participating.  For an airdrop, I think there is too much risk involved.
Activity: 392
July 31, 2018, 09:40:29 PM
Due to regulatory policies in many places, ico needs KYC!
But many airdrops have also joined KYC. Why do they do this, it is hard to understand! Get someone's identity information?
Activity: 333
Merit: 15
July 31, 2018, 09:22:14 PM
Yes. I prefer not to support KYC too because it does not keeps me anonymous at all. I know i will put myself into danger if i had given my personal identities without knowing that the particular exchanger was only a scam. So it's much better to stop that KYC thing so we may have an assurance for our own security.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
HELENA
July 31, 2018, 07:45:01 PM
For me,  it is their right to get some details like this KYC to all participants in signature campaign or airdrops but the details should be keep private because it is our personal information.
Activity: 83
July 31, 2018, 07:44:56 PM
indeed KYC in airdrop has 2 sides, positive and negative. positive because this can minimize multiple accounts that harm the various parties that contribute to a project, but KYC also contains a negative side in my opinion, as the creator of this thread disclose, it would be very dangerous if the document we give is misused.
Activity: 113
July 31, 2018, 07:40:53 PM
Absolutely agree with you. Now we do not know who actually gets the documents sent by us to KYC and it's not safe. But in the future, perhaps it will be more secure and anonymous.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
July 31, 2018, 07:39:55 PM
Participating KYC for airdrops is high risk activity. For me the best way is do KYC for bounty projects only. Anyway bounty hunters mostly try to avoid suspicious bounty campaigns where your personal data could be stolen
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
July 31, 2018, 07:35:49 PM
I also do not like when airdrop asks kyc for the terms of being a member because it will open our data to others and maybe it's dangerous
Activity: 1120
Merit: 13
July 31, 2018, 07:32:53 PM
Yes, This is too much disgusting when an Airdrop project tells to do the KYC Procedure. I don't know why they ask for the KYC from the Airdrop participants. KYC can be fake too, Are they want to prevent scammer by this KYC system? I don't think it is possible, rather it is not necessary for the airdrop participants. For the investors, KYC is a good procedure, but not for the bounty - airdrops.
Activity: 291
July 31, 2018, 07:27:18 PM
KYC is a compliance requirement for most countries. It is a regulation put in place by Central Banks. This is to avoid Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. KYC verification is a crucial part of many transactions. I would gladly oblige/ follow the requirement for KYC if needed. However, they will need to provide the clause that they will only use our data / document for verification purposes only. You may email them first before submitting any documents.

I work in Compliance for a Bank. Soo i handle with fake id's on a daily basis.
Activity: 103
Merit: 1
Globalcurrency -100% backed by gold
July 31, 2018, 07:25:37 PM
Certainly agreeable. Airdrops are not even not so profitable and why should they be so strict about asking information when they are giving an amount that are sometimes almost equal to the transaction fee. It is so hard to earn it this way when your identity hangs in the balance when anybody could steal it by having access to their database like the hackers or someone who have bad motives in mind.
Activity: 406
July 31, 2018, 07:10:55 PM
Demanding that people go through a KYC procedure to receive their bounties is pointless. It is not worth going through this process to receive crumbs
Activity: 152
July 31, 2018, 07:08:17 PM
Well just avoid joining those airdrops and by this way you will be more than safe about it, i am just trying to avoid them at all cost because i really appreciate my information.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
Kuvacash.com
July 31, 2018, 06:53:59 PM
KYC is gradually becoming the trend of the in airdrops and bounty.... Anonymity nature of crypto which most people thought will be the order of the day is now gradually fading out. Hope the future has a lot teach.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
July 31, 2018, 06:50:31 PM
This bad precedence turns out a common practice. i remember KYC for capassity airdrop. Thanks to god i didn't pass it, and it was really funny, people received like 1-2 $ for this airdrop. I am not ready to pass KYC for such a small reward.
Well you had a good decisions passing kyc to send document is really delicates. It is our identity that must be kept on our own and should not be shared. I will not also join kyc for a small reward better to stay away from those project that requires kyc.
Pages:
Jump to: