Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 31. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
July 09, 2018, 10:10:09 AM
Well many proper are already pissed off that people are asking kyc for bounty campaigns.Better to not join the airdrop if they ask for kyc . That way they will change the plan to not ask for kyc.
Activity: 93
July 09, 2018, 10:01:23 AM
I think if you are involved in Airdrops and you are offered to go to the KUS, it already causes suspicion that this company is a scam. It seems to me that those coins that you can get in Airdrops do not cost lost personal data, so you do not need to take risks.
Activity: 34
July 09, 2018, 03:59:32 AM
for me personally, i dont participate in airdrop that asked for KYC. i would not sacrifice my personal identity just to gain some penny. Especially these days that most if not all airdrops are scam. if devs are worried about multiple accounts then they should think or find a better way rather than asking for personal identities.

and i dont think these devs really check our id's really well such as passport. because the question is how will they cross referrence the passport or IDs if they are fake or not. in order for them to do this then they should have tied up to the database of the government or countries for them to check if the serial number or passport is valid or not.
Activity: 648
Merit: 10
July 09, 2018, 02:06:42 AM
You have be quiet about airdrop project needed KYC or know your costumer procedure, you have more safe your identity because airdrop project in unsecure for giving our identity card. Maybe they will get and use our identity for another something bad, you have keep away and leave airdrop project needed KYC for verify identity and received their token. Only give your identity or KYC procedure for bounty campaign or ico investment.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
July 09, 2018, 02:01:31 AM
I never supported Kyc , I don't like This procedure . I don't want to give my data to anyone. But unfortunately such a system Kyc is introduced more and more projects
Activity: 149
July 09, 2018, 01:58:11 AM
I agree with you. If it's only bounty or airdrop, I don't think they should require KYC. I'm also a bit wary of someone asking for my credentials as we don't surely know if its for legitimate reasons or they are just trying to fish data and information. However, if I see that the project is really legit and something that I really trust and like then maybe I would consider.
Activity: 196
July 09, 2018, 01:54:20 AM
Kyc for airdrop ? I've never seen this before . But if I was asked , I wouldn't give my passport details to airdrop
Activity: 91
July 09, 2018, 01:33:20 AM
I think if airdrop asks KYC it is a very unreasonable thing, because airdrop is just a free coin that has a value of only $ 30 .. since a few months ago a lot of airdrop scam and now they ask for our identity.
Activity: 148
July 08, 2018, 01:25:52 PM
KYC also scares me away, but so many people use multi-accounts and try to cheat in every way that developers have to introduce such rules of participation
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
July 08, 2018, 01:14:29 PM
to be honest, I was also surprised by this trend in the crypto currency. perhaps this is a forced measure and if the developers wanted, this could not be done. but for the legality of the ico, it is necessary. to use after the ICO-no need
Activity: 8
July 08, 2018, 12:57:36 PM
i dont think so, many people can cheat, register even hundred account to receive tokens free, it's not fair for everyone
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 08, 2018, 12:56:14 PM
Exactly, plus the governments could use these documents to track people. Not to mention the fact that it's pretty easy to get hacked and lose all the documents. Just few months ago few ICO projects which required verification documents from its users got hacked. Now imagine losing you personal documents to hackers and scammers.
Activity: 22
July 08, 2018, 11:44:39 AM
It's a way to get free documents from many people for free. Then these documents can be sold in a darknet and earn on it. It's a scam to demand documents to send coins for a few cents or dollars
Activity: 28
July 08, 2018, 08:46:27 AM
Yes, I also think so, but here's a crypto advice for the project Socratus always waits for you
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
July 08, 2018, 08:43:51 AM
The main feature of cryptocurrency is its anonymity. So the question is, why do we really need kyc just to receive airdrops? Secondly, granting that kyc is a requirement for legal procedures in countries where cryptos ate legal, how are they planning to store our private information? And how secure ate those storage. I think KYC should be abolished.
Activity: 357
Merit: 130
July 08, 2018, 08:26:33 AM
I'm sure this is fraud. Moreover, this even for the bounty campaign looks like a dubious procedure, and even for airdrops and even more Sad  I do not advise you to participate in such a tour, as it may threaten you that your data will be used by third parties. be careful,
Activity: 84
July 08, 2018, 07:09:19 AM
I defeintly agree with you, KYC shouldn't be mandatory
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 08, 2018, 06:17:44 AM
Many airdrop caught KYC to avoid fraudulent participants. Think about it, if not KYC then one can register many different accounts. That would be unfair to other participants. Each person has only 1 unique personal information. So if the airdrop we join must be KYC ie each person only registered a single account
I believe that sending someone your documents is absolutely wrong. You need other verification methods, such as a database of cell phone numbers or something else. Personally, I'm not ready to provide my documents to everyone I meet.
Activity: 154
July 07, 2018, 06:06:57 AM
Many airdrop caught KYC to avoid fraudulent participants. Think about it, if not KYC then one can register many different accounts. That would be unfair to other participants. Each person has only 1 unique personal information. So if the airdrop we join must be KYC ie each person only registered a single account
Activity: 98
July 07, 2018, 05:59:14 AM
Please don't send your personal information through KYC form, for only few tokens. I personally don't participate with airdrops who demanding for KYC. Personally I don't trust on airdrops. Most of them are not needed by the market. They are developed for data collection.
Pages:
Jump to: