Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 42. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 1
June 09, 2018, 04:13:24 AM
kyc for bounty campaigns... ok.. must be well.

but kyc for airdrops is a no go. i would not do that.
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
June 08, 2018, 11:20:15 PM
i never participated in airdrops with kyc and never will Grin

I on the other hand, as much as possible, evade those campaigns that require kyc. But there are also those that keeps kyc silent then at the end, there it is surprise. 😬

But with regulations in many countries to which most of these campaigns are, KYCs are required.
Regulation is a good thing because it institutionalizes crypto products and assets, but many are opposed to kyc.
Even me to some extent
Activity: 106
Merit: 28
June 08, 2018, 11:14:48 PM
i never participated in airdrops with kyc and never will Grin
Merit: 102
June 08, 2018, 11:07:46 PM
KYC for airdrops sounds like a scam. I think the only case when it can be okay is ICO and bounty along with airdrop where you need KYC
Activity: 199
Merit: 10
June 08, 2018, 10:54:25 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.
Only an idiot will give their real personal identity in airdrop. I think others don't really use their identity, instead they buy personal information in darkweb to use it online like airdrop and any KYC requirements  purposes.
Activity: 47
June 08, 2018, 11:02:51 AM
Yes, KYC is very much objectionable for airdrops. This is completely against the principles of block chain, even the admin has spoken against it.
Activity: 99
June 08, 2018, 10:55:20 AM
Your observations is correct and timely,naturally KYC is meant for investors and not for bounty hunters,investors KYC is needed because of the funds they are investing especially if the money is above $1000 any amount less should not attract KYC.
Merit: 2
June 08, 2018, 02:03:05 AM
It is not good to just give your important credential/information to the person you don't know. You are surely be exposed to a possible threat. Don't be deceived by a small portion of altcoins in return for your important credentials. Some of the airdrops is a scam, its worst if the identity theft will safe-keep your credentials/information.
Activity: 210
June 07, 2018, 04:33:39 PM
I can only remind if airdrop includes kyc it is a fraud. wary of buying and selling someone id because our id will be in use for fraud.
Activity: 364
Creative & digital marketing agency
June 07, 2018, 04:31:21 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

I partly agree with you! If our personal information selling for bad guy, It's really terible! But in my opinion, The KYC is one of the method to retrict cheat and bring more opportunity for another person! So our task is choose the good ICO to do the bounty and airdrop!
Activity: 21
June 07, 2018, 04:29:50 PM

KYC is needed because some countries have banned their citizens to participate in ICO , surely airdrops often are part of ICOs and I believe airdrops could easily be mentioned in such laws as well. Project management is responsible of complying with these laws and the only proper way of doing it is KYC.  Because of this KYC will not be going anywhere, the opposite is going to happen - we will see it more often.

My advice do not participate in shady airdrops. 
Activity: 420
June 07, 2018, 04:28:28 PM
Well, not always Kyc, this is bad! there are projects that with kyc give good money to earn! so I think it's not that bad
Activity: 924
Merit: 112
June 07, 2018, 04:25:50 PM
Developers and bounty managers do not know how to deal with multi accounts differently, that's why they must pass kYC. But the passage of KYC is contrary to the canons of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
June 07, 2018, 04:21:37 PM
Companies will not care about you, if you say no. There will be others who will not mind.
At the same time, laws are being passed on the disclosure of the identity of the purse holder and others

I think, the KYC procedure won't bring any problems in the nearest future, because there are many attractive projects, which allow passing this procedure quickly. Traceto, for instance!
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
June 07, 2018, 04:20:45 PM

That's ridiculous. In order to earn some money, you should do nearly 50 airdrops every day and pass KYC procedure at least 1 time out of 10, if necessary. It will increase the amount of wasted time and, as a result, people will give up doing the airdrop.
Activity: 294
RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE
June 07, 2018, 10:38:57 AM
I support the author, but what can we do? If we don't like it - we can not participate.
Activity: 97
June 07, 2018, 10:34:41 AM
If I understand correctly, it's required thanks to countries that have illegalised cryptocurrency or some not wanted to give away to people in the same country. I'm not too sure though
Activity: 98
June 07, 2018, 10:26:34 AM
Being known that most of the airdrops are scams  its a bad move. I do not do kyc for airdrop. I do it only if i take the airdrop form from the official site of the ico and if its a known ico
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
June 06, 2018, 09:30:04 PM
Yes! I think KYC is a bad precedence in some airdrops because using our documents they can use it in other things that can broke our image. Actually airdrop is freely giving the coin or token to the community to have a big support and hype.
Activity: 728
Merit: 506
June 06, 2018, 09:25:04 PM
I am sure that the collection of confidential information in airdrops will not lead to anything good. It's counter-productive, getting a few coins for a fee with your data. Crypto should be anonymous.
Pages:
Jump to: