Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 46. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
June 01, 2018, 11:59:29 AM
And I think a good idea for KYC drops and bounty - it is very hard to cut the number of bots-multiaccounters. Let everything be honest
Activity: 434
June 01, 2018, 11:55:01 AM
KYC for airdrops is really strange, because its giveaway, KYC is for pre sales and public sale. I wouldn't give my passport photo or address or else to someone when a lot of scams there
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
June 01, 2018, 11:50:26 AM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

There are many ico and bounty campaign obliging to do KYC and this is happening because people are supporting it, only if we unite that we are not going to invest or promote this kind, then it will be stopped and no Ico will offer this to investors and bounty participants.
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
June 01, 2018, 11:46:49 AM
This is a very bad idea. How can an airdrop have a KYC attached to it? I will never join such airdrops.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
June 01, 2018, 11:45:12 AM
I would personnally never bother with KYC for an airdrop, especially since most airdrops are now worthless and a waste of time (in my experience).

For bounties I would rather not go threw KYC, but I gotta say I'd probably do it if the gains are consequent enough.

I think it would be pretty hard to get the whole community to boycott KYC bounties or airdrops, as the ones that wouldn't boycott would benefit a lot from it.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
June 01, 2018, 11:40:06 AM
If they want to know their personal data, the popularity of their companies will decrease significantly. And the Constitution has not been canceled. Why did we have to provide personal information to unidentified persons.
 Smiley
Activity: 21
June 01, 2018, 07:09:18 AM
Your observations is correct and timely,naturally KYC is meant for investors and not for bounty hunters,investors KYC is needed because of the funds they are investing especially if the money is above $1000 any amount less should not attract KYC.
Activity: 308
Merit: 2
Look ARROUND!
June 01, 2018, 04:44:31 AM
Yeah I'm agree with you, Airdrop means free tokens but when they ask KYC, it's not an airdrop then, we are selling our identities and data for tokens worth a few cents. KYC should only be done if someone is actually investing a big amount of money.
Activity: 234
May 31, 2018, 07:01:45 PM
yeah kyc for airdrops and bounties is crap, that is the reason of why i try to aovid joining in there for my own convenience, i do not like to provide that kind of information.

Activity: 392
Merit: 105
May 31, 2018, 06:49:03 PM
It is difficult to reach a consensus in this matter, because each airdrop has different specifications and procedures for which we could not reach a common standard in this regard. Taking into account that many bounties and airdrops only distribute minimum amounts of tokens with insignificant values, it would not be worth filling all those requirements, however there have been airdrops that have come to distribute thousands of dollars per individual, so maybe in those particular cases maybe it is worth filling the requested requirements.
Activity: 154
May 22, 2018, 06:19:05 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

In my own opinion, kyc for airdrop is a very bad idea because the only reason why most of the people are planning to join the community is that, it was free so in this case, most of the participants will be tired of filling up those requirements and might not join the airdrop bounty.
Activity: 620
Merit: 500
May 22, 2018, 06:18:08 PM

They're just using your info for fraud! beware of this kind of airdrop. This is not a good airdrop, a good airdrop allows you to register on the form and receive the token without doing a risky thing. beware of this! and it might use your information. this sucks
Activity: 176
Merit: 1
May 22, 2018, 06:16:53 PM

I do not participate any of the airdrops yet. If they are asking for personal info in air drop participation then I will rather not participate on that kind of airdrop. Anyway, I heard a lots of airdrops giving shitcoins. And If I am to join, I will keenly observe and study the bounty first.
Activity: 124
May 22, 2018, 06:13:37 PM
Yep, that is the reason of why i am avoiding those kind of airdrops and bounties, because they are against the first lemma of crypto (anonimity) well, i do not enjoy to give out my personal information, do you?
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
May 22, 2018, 06:03:27 PM
I have not yet encountered airdrop requiring KYC but i will not participate in that airdrop if incase. First it is not too worth it to waste your time in airdrop if you can earn better in other ways and secondly, not all airdrops pay. I been a victim of some that didnt pay already.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 22, 2018, 05:59:55 PM
Probably i would never submit my ID for airdrops. I really don’t get why they try to make things worse, i mean i just  think that Kyc shouldn't be a necessity for airdrop.
Activity: 529
Merit: 251
The Future Of Work
May 22, 2018, 05:55:46 PM
KYC is a real problem and it cant be ignored. It is absolutely not safe to share any private info for
everyone who ask for it. I can think about sharing it with some good bounty, but definetely not with airdrops.
Activity: 196
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
May 21, 2018, 05:37:10 AM
I also oppose KYC.
This is a bad start, so I won't be involved.
As far as possible to avoid these need for KYC, no one knows what validation it is used for,
Activity: 336
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
May 21, 2018, 05:32:58 AM
Can understand why they're doing it due to so many people multi accounting. Not really practical though, not worth wasting time to do KYC when you normally get less than $1 lol.
Activity: 73
May 21, 2018, 05:26:54 AM
I've also tryed to join some airdrops, and when i saw that they require KYC i just couldn’t believe my eyes. Obviously i didn't join those airdrops.
I think that it's too much even to provide the e-mail adress for an airdrop to be honest - a lot of them are scams
Pages:
Jump to: