Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 43. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 16
https://crowdsale.network
June 06, 2018, 09:19:45 PM
I don’t have a problem with KYCs. I’ve got nothing to hide and scammers have nothing to steal from me. But KYC for airdrops is simply not worth it. Not unless it is worth at least a hundred dollars.  Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
June 06, 2018, 09:14:27 PM
Beside the fact that most airdrops are thrash, they shouldn't make it more difficult by asking for KYC.
Personally if an airdrop is tasking or requires alot of conditions, I just wave it by and move on to other things. No time
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
June 06, 2018, 08:58:41 PM
yeah kyc for airdrops and bounties is crap, that is the reason of why i try to aovid joining in there for my own convenience, i do not like to provide that kind of information.

Me too. Its not my type to provide my data to unknown people or company because i am just joining it and get small reward.
Incase if i join ico maybe it makes more sense to pass kyc. But why bounty hunter too? We only get small payment which is not enough to do money laudering. But the problem comes when project asking it at the end. We could not do anything
Activity: 546
Merit: 122
June 06, 2018, 08:53:44 PM
In exchanges and ICO's already is a controversial practice, ending with the anonymity that is one of the strong points of the cryptos, in an airdrop does not make sense. If you intend to distribute tokens for free, why do you require personal information? It is a risk that is not worth it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 153
June 06, 2018, 08:49:51 PM
I didn't do kyc for airdrop. If bounty I will do. But airdrop not. Because no earnings. Not for $ 10-20. and they can sell your information.
Activity: 238
June 06, 2018, 08:46:30 PM
 this is very strange I haven't seen any I'll drop that requires KYC in order for getting coins so I would never join something like that
Activity: 266
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
June 06, 2018, 08:15:45 PM
 as for me this is an obvious come and just some bad guys attending to have your documents in order to do some bad stuff with them
Activity: 97
June 06, 2018, 10:58:07 AM
I don't think it a good idea to share your personal data just to receive an airdrop. Most of airdrops are scam, so I wouldn't even them any information.
Activity: 151
Merit: 1
June 06, 2018, 10:55:21 AM
I really  support anonymity in crypto, but most people apply multiple times for Same airdrops, that why I think. Kyc for airdrop is still ideal, but for bounty purposes that I don't agree with,  cause it not a free coin, you work for it
Activity: 275
Merit: 100
June 06, 2018, 10:52:02 AM
KYC may only need to confirm whether you are a real person when you are bounty, so you can invest. But anyone can create shitcoin and airdrop. Then why should I give them my personal information? I prefer to remain anonymous in the network. So don't advocate this trend. Just do not participate.
Activity: 224
June 06, 2018, 10:49:47 AM
Implement  of KYC into bounty is a bad idea
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
June 06, 2018, 10:10:33 AM
In the past I participated in several airdrops, but for many months now I do not follow them anymore because in most cases they do not pay anything. I would never send my personal documents to a company that offers airdrops, because behind probably there are scammers who with the excuse of the KYC take important documents
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
June 06, 2018, 08:14:34 AM
This is really quit unexplained overall. KYC makes sense if you are giving away large sums, but bounties are rarely much and it should not matter who is the "customer".
Activity: 1974
Merit: 856
June 06, 2018, 08:14:07 AM
KYC for airdrops is a dumbest thing I've ever heard . Sharing your personal data with someone in internet to earn 1 dollar ? who made that stupid rule ? Basically KYC - Know Your Customer , who is a customer in airdrop situation ? Company is just sharing for free their tokens to make their project more popular , that's all . There is no customer , so KYC can not be used in this situation .
This sounds like some scheme to fish for lots of data like social networks without offering much (just some "coin" which might not even be worth anything in the future)
The Devs can then nicely sell your data to make a profit....
Activity: 182
June 06, 2018, 08:12:31 AM
It is true that anonymity is being eroded with KYC, there is also a positive side to it,It helps reduce the chances of  being scammed if it is fully implemented.kYC requirements are often as a result of some regulations.Project teams will also be subject to same scrutiny with soem regulations in place.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
June 06, 2018, 08:08:32 AM
KYC in airdrops it's OK, because there are so many cheaters with multiply accounts. When team provide their airdrop they want to know how many people (real people) will receive their tokens.
Activity: 76
June 06, 2018, 08:03:26 AM
I agree with you, KYC is bad for bounty-hunters. Crypto should be anonymous, it's general idea of this sphere. Also we see so mane scammers and hackers in this sphere, we should know about it, because we don't know who can steal our documents and how they use it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
June 06, 2018, 06:39:46 AM
Absolutely. I am against with KYC if they are asking from bounty hunters and airdrop. Our identity will not be safe and they can use it to claim our account. Our privacy and security will be compromised.
Activity: 448
Merit: 37
June 06, 2018, 06:34:30 AM
KYC for airdrops is a dumbest thing I've ever heard . Sharing your personal data with someone in internet to earn 1 dollar ? who made that stupid rule ? Basically KYC - Know Your Customer , who is a customer in airdrop situation ? Company is just sharing for free their tokens to make their project more popular , that's all . There is no customer , so KYC can not be used in this situation .
Activity: 210
June 06, 2018, 06:27:40 AM
If our data is provided to a person we don't know, it can also be used as a crime to avoid cheating on bonuses, so if the airdrop project wants to avoid fraud, the reward must be done in another way.
Yes its dangerous. Dont even use our data just for airdrop which will only give the small reward.
If you join ico which will give more profit then its fine to give to the project. To avoid such this thing then just not join the airdrop. Too many airdrop and its just like scam accusions.
Pages:
Jump to: