Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 47. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
May 21, 2018, 04:02:26 AM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.
if you really are against kyc for airdrops, then dont do it and dont participate on any airdrops with kyc. there is no need for airdrop participants to do kyc because its free, so why? right?
Activity: 686
Merit: 39
May 21, 2018, 03:48:42 AM
KYC for airdrops is a big no. Why would i risk my personal identity for an airdrop that might only worth pennies? I don't even buy any tokens so the need of KYC is nonsense for airdrop even bounty.
Activity: 406
Merit: 14
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
May 21, 2018, 03:28:25 AM
KYC for airdrop? Seriously
I advise you not to verify for just a few cents, unless you are part of a bounty participant who gets a lot of tokens
it is true there is a KYC that is applied by some airdrops, and I have seen the project. and the good news I did not participate in the project, because I was afraid my data was being misused
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
X-Block.io
May 21, 2018, 03:26:28 AM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

you totally right ,dude, it is not good when ICOs asking for KYC after bounty. Better forget about such projects, because they can use your IDs,sell it to others and etc, some bucks do not worth that
Activity: 574
May 21, 2018, 03:23:57 AM
Its not normal and I think they are intending to get all your personal information, be careful of that. Airdrops didn't give a high rewards so I think they shouldn't do any KYC for it.
Activity: 421
May 21, 2018, 03:22:04 AM
To provide KYC in order to obtain a bounty is a loss. You are giving away your personal information to someone you don't know. Don't you think it's very unsafe?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
May 21, 2018, 03:21:20 AM

I guess the projects are not the ones that are really pushing for the implementation of KYC or Know Your Client/Customer themselves. They are simply implementing the policy out of compliance of the government agencies that are taking extra steps to make sure there will be no abuse of the anonymity feature of cryptocurrencies. But you have the choice not to join airdrops that are requiring KYC.
Activity: 840
Merit: 101
May 21, 2018, 03:19:50 AM
KYC for airdrop? Seriously
I advise you not to verify for just a few cents, unless you are part of a bounty participant who gets a lot of tokens
Activity: 114
Merit: 0
May 21, 2018, 03:16:13 AM
To my knowledge, KYC deals with the rules of some countries that prohibit bitcoin and other crypto coins. KYC is also to prove that your existence as a participant is true (in addition to anticipating participants from a prohibiting country). It's a little inconvenient, but I do not mind that. Anyway KYC also for good distribution process.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
May 21, 2018, 03:07:20 AM
Kyc for airdrops has to be that some of the ICOs are trying to prevent regulation issue in the future. Though I don't like it too but if I feel that the airdrop is a solid project and worth it, I can do the kyc but if it's worthless, I will just ignore it
Activity: 1078
May 21, 2018, 03:06:10 AM
KYC requirement for getting Airdrops is rather strange in my opinion. I understand the situation when ICOs require KYC when buying tokens, but in this case you want to get some free tokens. I don't participate in Airdrops which want to get my personal information.
Activity: 185
May 21, 2018, 03:06:03 AM
The procedure of identification of participants contradicts one of bases of the cryptoforeign exchange market - anonymity. Therefore I against KYC in any kind.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
May 21, 2018, 03:04:00 AM
How much do you gain from the airdrops that obligate you to pass the KYC? Is this good? Sometimes, we only get a very small amount from the airdrop. When we must send our ID to the strange people to get only that amount, is it a deal? Is it profitable for us? I don't think so. KYC is Know Your Customer. The airdrop hunter is not a customer, isn't it?
Activity: 159
May 21, 2018, 03:03:13 AM
to me any airdrop that requires KYC are all fake, how much are they paying us for them to request for our details, i found that true airdrop we can be hacked. i do avoid airdrops mostly sending out my information
Activity: 217
May 21, 2018, 03:00:25 AM
With the current status of ICO scam projects, KYC is very risky for our personal information. Even KYC for the bounty hunter I did not support. It degrades the anonymity of blockchain technology.
Activity: 84
May 21, 2018, 02:56:20 AM
I think that for airdrops it is bust (although a couple of times I met such with large payments). Some confidentiality should still remain, because the documents required for presentation are serious enough, and when they are used by other persons there may be problems. Wink Wink Wink
Activity: 112
May 20, 2018, 03:43:51 PM
I believe that the work of bounty hunters should be paid without passing KYC. This has nothing to do with investing, so the requirement for KYC is unreasonable.  Angry
Activity: 22
May 16, 2018, 05:30:57 AM
I think that for airdrops it is bust (although a couple of times I met such with large payments). Some confidentiality should still remain, because the documents required for presentation are serious enough, and when they are used by other persons there may be problems
Activity: 7
May 15, 2018, 08:50:56 PM
It's sketchy as hell.

Inb4 I am signed up for all sorts of stupid mailing lists.
Activity: 11
May 15, 2018, 08:27:09 PM
I agree...KYC for a an airdrops is not appropriate. These companies are just new comers and there could be a potential scammers on its back that can use your identity;.

Beware of airdrops with KYC, its not advisable.
Pages:
Jump to: