Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 61. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 274
March 29, 2018, 12:31:01 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens.  

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

You're absolutely right. Cryptos should be about anonymity and decentralized peer-to-peer solutions. KYC opens the door to governments and banksters to exercise control. It gives them the info required to identify and pick us off one by one. Even worse, the latest legislation tabled will enable them to do so pretty much on a global basis. Then of course there is also a real risk that KYC related info might end up in the hands of outright scammers and fraudsters.

In addition, if governments and banksters have their way, only so called 'accredited investors' (net worth $1m+, etc.) will be able to participate in ICOs and airdrops. The rest of us will have to be satisfied with crumbs from the table.

I have said it and will say it again, if people don't wake up fast, we are going to sit with a centralized crypto-based monetary system a million times worst than the current fiat Ponzi scheme with its cash and electronic transactions. All transactions will be tracked and zero transactions will take place in cash - as cash will either be banned or completely worthless. This is why there is an ongoing war on both cash and anonymous (private), decentralized peer-to-peer cryptos.
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
All the way up
March 29, 2018, 12:08:39 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.
Yes it is really terrible nowadays because even airdrops are really wanting to know the personal information of their participants not realizing that they are giving away very small amount of money, in this industry KYC is strictly prohibited because we have to stay anonymous and we just have to keep our lives private, but knowing that airdrops are really getting kyc is such a very wrong move.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
March 29, 2018, 12:06:06 PM
.gov wants to know who you are and the scammers want your identity.  If you send a KYC in for an ICO your insane.  If you send it in for a bounty your a moron and if you send it in for an airdrop shot yourself for the good of humanity. 
Activity: 305
Merit: 100
[PROFISH.IO]
March 29, 2018, 12:04:16 PM
What? There is a KYC in airdrops? I don't believe it this is absurd, that is impossible. You cannot implement a KYC in an airdrop, it's just free tokens, you must not submit an ID for it, it is not needed. Why is it so much sensitive when it comes to this? Do their token is too much valuable? What if their token is just shit, we just wasted our time.
Activity: 217
Merit: 120
Presale is live!
March 29, 2018, 12:03:50 PM
With no regulatory over watch one shouldn't even think about giving their personal documents to airdrops they don't even know about. Just recently two ICOs got hacked and the KYC data of their users got stolen. Now think about your passport in the hands of scammers and hackers and what they can do with it.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
March 29, 2018, 12:02:05 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

To be honest i'm also against KYC on bounty with the same reason to you but because of many alt account on bounty ICO, i'm cool with it because it's also prevent alt accounts to get the stakes and the tokens. I hope someday we can fix this thing about alt account and no more KYC for bounty hunters.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
March 29, 2018, 11:58:12 AM
Would you give your KYC for an airdrop worth $100?
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
March 04, 2018, 04:28:28 PM
KYC for airdrops, for bounties it's bad precedence because most of them can be ponzi scam or something else. If you giving to any project your KYC information you must be sure in their reliability.
Activity: 235
Merit: 11
ENTRY cryptocurrency
March 04, 2018, 04:18:04 PM
I too dont want to parcitipate with these ICOs and bounties that are having KYC verifications because it could result for my informations leak in the deepweb,there are some people claiming that their IDs was sold to the deepweb that is why we need to be more vigillant because these people will everything just to take advantage the situation to earn more money.
Activity: 196
Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto
March 04, 2018, 04:16:39 PM
Really? Airdrops? It's nonsense I think. Ok, KYC - know your customer, what kind of customers are they - this is a free distribution.
But in the same time some ICO have done KYC procedure for bountists.
They aren't 'customers' too.
Activity: 378
March 04, 2018, 04:11:49 PM
Really? Airdrops? It's nonsense I think. Ok, KYC - know your customer, what kind of customers are they - this is a free distribution.
Activity: 773
March 04, 2018, 03:45:48 PM
It's time to take credit that soon not only ICO investors will undergo the KYC procedure, but also bounty campaign participants, as well as Airdrop members. This trend is already gaining momentum. If you want to make money in the cryptocurrency, you will have to go through the identification procedure.
Activity: 490
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
March 04, 2018, 03:11:03 PM
Well, I think that here people are already digging themselves into the ground, why do we need KYC for airdrop? Lawyers and lawyers simply do not understand the laws by virtue of their competence, I think this is the only explanation for why KYC is needed for airdrop
Activity: 182
March 04, 2018, 02:21:04 PM
Sounds like a scam,because airdrops normally will only ask your ethereum addresses and bitcointalk account even those legit airdrops wont require your IDs before getting the drop,you need to know the risk of sending your IDs to anyone so you wont be suprised when your identity were stolen,some of these people will try to sell your informations in the deepweb so be careful.
Activity: 168
Merit: 12
March 04, 2018, 02:12:54 PM
No airdrops should require any of your IDs it is clearly a shady business,KYC are only requires for those who are investing ICOs so that these ICOs will know if you are joining even if your country has been restricted to join,U.S citizens cannot participate in any of these ICOs that is why these ICO founders are requiring KYC verifications most of the time to comply to the SEC's regulation.
Activity: 275
March 04, 2018, 01:57:00 PM
This is morelikey a scam normally airdrops will only require your ethereum and bitcointalk profile username or link,email addresses shouldnt be conpulsary because it might be used to send you some emai phishing links that is why it is not recommended to use your main email addresses when joining airdrops,but KYC verifications? no way it could be a legitimate airdrop surely these people will do something about your IDs.
Activity: 294
March 04, 2018, 01:45:34 PM

i think kyc is only applicable if it is involves a high values of investment in an ICO,  not in an airdrop. Airdrop bounties is only a free token distribution and only few are buying their coins. Maybe there is a hidden agenda for the token creator. Its better to ignore it than participating in that kind of airdrop
Activity: 256
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO
March 04, 2018, 01:44:51 PM
What ? airdrop requiring KYCs? sounds like a scam to me because normally airdrops will only require your ethereum address and your bitcointalk name,email addresses from few airdrops and you can use dummy email addresses so that if these people try to send you some phishing emails you wont be affected,but KYC verification in airdrops? NO.!
Activity: 207
The future is your Genome
March 04, 2018, 01:40:38 PM
Surely a scam because KYC verifications are indeed needed only for the ICO investments,not airdrops clearly these people are trying to get your informations and use it to something else,you should stay away from these types of airdrops because you wont know when will these people start selling your IDS in the deepweb,no airdrop should require email and private keys as well as those IDs.
Activity: 280
Merit: 104
March 04, 2018, 01:33:34 PM
Sometimes KYC is needed, even I heard that a project which not doing this is pretended as a scam project by some people. The participants are join airdrop to support the project, aren't they? Then the developer should give respect for them.
Pages:
Jump to: