Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 59. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 251
April 04, 2018, 09:51:37 AM
I don't really understand why an airdrop requires you to provide them will your identity while some of them don't even have the team information on their website or ann. I can understand if it's for bounty because the reward is quite a lot and they want to prevent multiple accounts but most airdrop is useless and they may sell your data so it definitely not worth the risk.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
April 04, 2018, 09:45:45 AM
Do not submit KYC data for any airdrop.
Because it's pointless, it's just a waste of time. Shocked
Activity: 535
Merit: 100
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
April 04, 2018, 09:41:58 AM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.
airdrop is given for free for bounty hunters and any other participants of it, so why would they request a KYC for it? I dont see any point for having it, better be careful to that kind of airdrop, maybe they will use it on other purposes.
Activity: 568
Merit: 254
April 04, 2018, 09:31:40 AM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

You should never join an airdrop with KYC. Don't ever exchange your personal information for a silly airdrop that you are not sure if it will have a value in a future or not. Even with a bounty campaign, never join a bounty campaign that required a  KYC because bounty managers are not qualified to keep all your personal information that may lead into the wrong hands,
Activity: 420
April 04, 2018, 07:44:03 AM
KYC for airdrops ? it is a bad idea if the bounty will issue KYC to receive airdrop rewards because some crypto hunters don't have valid id's to verify KYC.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 04, 2018, 07:41:43 AM
For the most part I avoid KYC for airdrops.

But most don't require them anyways, such as the vast majority on my list of

AIRDROPS THAT MAYBE DON'T SUCK

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OoNKjUxXkp-g0Etn5XZdD8lD3FiUngY8GfDNNoAWGPc

No, really. Like this one.

https://gonetwork.co/airdrop

Winners of ETHWaterloo - the world's largest Ethereum hackathon. I bet you didn't know about that. And you can sign up right now to get their tokens.

Check out the Google spreadsheet for an active, ongoing list of other airdrops that maybe don't suck. I update it daily.
Activity: 208
Merit: 12
April 04, 2018, 07:41:00 AM
KYC could be needed only in bounties to determine if you are a real person, so you can invest. But anybody can create shitcoin and an airdrop for it. So why should i give them my personal info. I prefer to stay anonymous in the net. So don't promote this trend. Just don't participate.
Activity: 392
April 04, 2018, 07:34:41 AM
I think if you are involved in Airdrops and you are offered to go to the KUS, it already causes suspicion that this company is a scam. It seems to me that those coins that you can get in Airdrops do not cost lost personal data, so you do not need to take risks.
Activity: 154
April 04, 2018, 07:22:51 AM
Can you provide an example of ICO or ICOs that require KYC for airdrops?  I personally haven't encountered any, but I've read it on the forum a couple of times.  There were a couple of airdrops that would double the stakes if you provide KYC, those has to do with exchange platform or related ICO, and I understand why they're doing it.
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
April 04, 2018, 07:21:51 AM

There's no point why they require KYC on airdrops because the reputation of airdrops is bad due to most of them are scams and fraud.
I am joining every available airdrops in this forum last year but I don't join this year because my wallet was full of shit coins until day and most of them didn't bump coin exchange .
so, if airdrops will require KYC, imagine how many organization you are giving your identity that they could even use it for their evil plans and works in the future.
Activity: 98
April 04, 2018, 07:05:24 AM
You have a choice-to give documents to strangers or not. You can send them a photo of your dog).
Activity: 434
Merit: 107
April 04, 2018, 07:00:52 AM
You always have a choice and you may not participate in Airdrops if you don't want to go through KYC procedures.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
April 04, 2018, 06:52:43 AM
I participated in Polymath airdrop, and they asked for KYC. Airdrop worth $250 at the moment of distribution. Not a fan of KYC, for sure, but for me that was worth it.
Activity: 169
Merit: 1
April 04, 2018, 06:15:02 AM
I think that this is only preventing people create multiple accounts( AirDrop ) .  You'll get more profits  , if a AirDrop require KYC
Activity: 658
April 04, 2018, 06:07:09 AM
The KYC for the bounty hunters is an absurd procedure that unfortunately some blockchain platforms are demanding. I do not believe that there is any general regulation that imposes this identification on them, they probably do it to protect themselves from future controls on the distribution of their tokens, but they are absolutely contrary until there is a law that imposes it
Activity: 728
Merit: 131
April 04, 2018, 06:03:16 AM
Know Your Customer for airdrop is giving your Information away from you and could cause you in big trouble.
Airdrops are just free token or coins, they are just for simple task and registrations.
KYC is a big thing that doesn't need to do. it's a pure scam if they ask for KYC.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111
April 04, 2018, 05:57:18 AM
Most airdrops are just fake or scam, then a KYC (know your customer) requirement for that?
You will be in big trouble in that case. remember to never join an airdrop that requires downloading, or sending KYC.
Airdrops are just a free money from simple task like going to their social media profile and repost, like their page or follow them.
Activity: 420
April 04, 2018, 05:54:54 AM
To my mind airdrops are not worth passing the KYC (I usually pass the KYC for bounties, though).
But I wanted to comment on the mentioned anonymity. I think anonymity of crypto will be implemented to the fullest when crypto is used worldwide as a payment medium. FOr now, crypto is more like investment, and in the modern world there are some procedures dictated by the jurisdictions of different countries that we have to follow.
Activity: 308
April 04, 2018, 05:49:34 AM
I think it's absurd. With the bounty there is no transaction in fiat is a prize. The law is about identifying customers and not collaborators. No DO NOT APPLY
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
April 04, 2018, 05:44:58 AM
I think we should involve KYC to ICO and bounty but for airdrops its too much. The main point with airdrop is quickness and little reward, at least 70% of all airdrops are scam so I don't think people gonna send anything to anybody in that case
Pages:
Jump to: