Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 56. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
April 07, 2018, 02:06:46 AM
Right. The main feature of cryptocurrency is its anonymity. So the question is, why do we really need kyc just to receive airdrops? Secondly, granting that kyc is a requirement for legal procedures in countries where cryptos ate legal, how are they planning to store our private information? And how secure ate those storage. I think KYC should be abolished.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
April 06, 2018, 11:59:43 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.
Agree with you.
Why it's needed for airdrop?
Activity: 238
April 06, 2018, 08:46:15 PM
Giving your ID for an airdrop is very dangerous... It's risky enough for a serious ICO but then for an airdrop... You know nothing of the team behind and nothing about their intention. Your data can be sold or exchanged and your identity usurped. Be very careful
Activity: 171
April 06, 2018, 08:33:20 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

Yes really bad.  I have never done air drops and this further ensures that I will not.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Hello people.
April 06, 2018, 07:47:15 PM
Yes, KYC for Airdrops can be risky. When we participate in an ICO doing proper research to the project and sending our documents won't be a risk. But most people don't do any research in the Airdrops they participate in and could be a big problem when our documents fall into the hands of scammers.
On top of that, I have a Telegram channel where I list the Best Airdrops and since most people don't complete KYC for an Airdrop I miss out on a lot of ref bonus Smiley
this year I almost refused the drops, as the effectiveness of this activity has become very low, the time was spent the same as last year, if you still enter the identity check for KYC, the last desire to spend precious time on drops will dry up completely

better spend time on the bounty company and the same KYC
Activity: 546
April 06, 2018, 06:36:01 AM

I am also against distributing my personal data to unknown persons. I choose those companies that do not require documents because I earn money and do not engage in fraud.
Activity: 121
Merit: 0
April 05, 2018, 05:38:40 PM
Submitting my KYC particulars for investing in an ICO is far better than doing it for an airdrop or a bounty. Sometimes the airdrop tokens that you get at the end will not be worth anything to write home about. Imagine doing a KYC and getting tokens worth $2.
Activity: 470
Merit: 12
April 05, 2018, 05:32:47 PM
What? This is unthinkable! Why would I put myself in the danger of submitting my real identity over the internet to some anonym that can use it in any illegal way? Sorry, but this is the craziest thing I have seen in a while. People that fall for this must be really crazy or irresponsible for their own privacy and really desperate to get that tokens. KYC does not work at all how it should as it was written over the forum several times, therefore I will never submit my real identity to the "project" without any team (if it is backed by some trustworthy institution, all right, but you are still on the Internet though).
Activity: 142
April 05, 2018, 05:25:47 PM
More than anonymity there is a huge chance of misusing your valuable Documents . Initially i have submitted my document for KYC process now i am regretting submitting my original documents . Hope it will not be misused.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
April 05, 2018, 05:24:11 PM

I think KYC for airdrops is good idea, because now there are lots of bots/multiaccaunts and they take money away from real people. So for me it is always ok to pass KYC. Choose good airdrops and send your KYC.
Good Luck.
Activity: 322
Merit: 3
April 05, 2018, 05:22:33 PM
Yes, KYC for Airdrops can be risky. When we participate in an ICO doing proper research to the project and sending our documents won't be a risk. But most people don't do any research in the Airdrops they participate in and could be a big problem when our documents fall into the hands of scammers.

On top of that, I have a Telegram channel where I list the Best Airdrops and since most people don't complete KYC for an Airdrop I miss out on a lot of ref bonus Smiley
Activity: 90
April 05, 2018, 05:19:17 PM

I do not see the point of taking part in airdrops now. Especially to go through the KYC procedure for this. I do not know what an attractive project should be, and what they should pay out for someone to agree to undergo the KYC procedure for the sake of the airdrop.
Stay far away from projects that are asking for you to do a KYC verification process. They will sell your information to whomever that ask for it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
April 05, 2018, 05:17:12 PM

I do not see the point of taking part in airdrops now. Especially to go through the KYC procedure for this. I do not know what an attractive project should be, and what they should pay out for someone to agree to undergo the KYC procedure for the sake of the airdrop.
Activity: 448
April 05, 2018, 05:14:22 PM
KYC is best way to get protect from hackers by real identity. But it should only apply on bounties because bounty coins always have huge amount. KYC in airdrops is really a bad precedence. I always fill all airdrops but now for this KYC, I have to leave some airdrops. We get little amount from airdrops that's why I don't think KYC should necessary!
Activity: 980
Merit: 261
April 05, 2018, 05:06:13 PM
Are they serious ? KYC for the airdrop ? It can be a solution for the airdrop not to be a scam ? Because airdrop is mostly a scam so if they do KYC this can be an assurance of not being a scam ? I think it is not nice for the airdrop to do kyc.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1333
April 05, 2018, 04:45:37 PM
 Airdrop bounties is only a free token distribution so never do KYC, I think, KYC is only applicable if it is involves a high values of investment in an ICO, or a exchange to be traded.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
April 05, 2018, 04:59:24 PM
Airdrops are rarey worth the effort and lately the term is being used to describe bounty hunts like in the case of the ONION coin and others that say is airdrop when they mean bounty hunt.
Activity: 97
April 05, 2018, 03:56:26 PM
Time spent on kic I do not want to give for airdrops, especially when 90% of them are just garbage.
Activity: 98
April 05, 2018, 12:08:18 PM
Guys, run from such airdrops! All data from KYC can be sold in darknet. All your documents are for more profit. Or do you think that all airdrops are for non-profit activity only?
What about the Exchanges sites, they ask for KYC to withdraw or fund the accounts, do they sell it too?
Activity: 308
April 05, 2018, 09:28:54 AM
I keep thinking and arguing that this recognition procedure should not be applied to bounty campaign prizes.
Pages:
Jump to: