Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 64. (Read 198064 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
February 16, 2018, 06:06:22 AM
It's a bit of a mess legally as different countries' governments have different rules, which is why some airdrops are now doing KYC to be sure they're compliant. But it is indeed another avenue for scammers to take valuable information, too. In general I think it will make people more reluctant to join airdrops.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
February 16, 2018, 06:00:05 AM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

KYC process is for clients/costumers only, since airdrop and bounty are not part of we can say clients/costumers, i am totally disagree with this. mostly those airdrops coins/tokens that dont have any value yet or good as penny tokens/coins. because giving/sharing an personal information such an ID in person who you didnt know can be use in some bad activity (identity thief). these is not the way that crypto currency is.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
February 16, 2018, 05:54:07 AM
Demanding for kyc in ICO i think it's normal but demanding for kyc for airdrops is very bad because it's not normal to review my identity to strange people because of little amount they want to give out for free and i really think this need to stop before it goes out of hand.
Activity: 490
Merit: 123
February 16, 2018, 05:48:12 AM
Ok, ok. For probably for airdrop know-your-client are overkill. but imagine that one person maliciously "sucks" all airdrop coins.
For sure KYC are necessary for bounty, as everyone knows, that many members try to enter bounty campaigns with multiple accounts (even 20 accounts for one guy)
Activity: 769
Merit: 108
February 16, 2018, 05:43:35 AM
Yes, we know many bounty or airdrop already applied KYC procedure before the sent payment, this is to against money laundry, but this is also dangers for participant because we dont know, the data or ID card we upload maybe affects to us in the future.
Until now i already fill 2 form KCY, so my data already in 2 company. I hope that's okay
Activity: 1523
Merit: 1
February 16, 2018, 05:35:59 AM
Well, I am not going to submit kyc form for airdrops. I think It is not safe to submit kyc form everywhere.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
February 16, 2018, 05:32:44 AM
Demanding KYC on ICOs is understandable, but for low values airdrops I consider it risky since your are giving in your personal info for a few dollars at the most on Airdrops.
Activity: 538
Merit: 250
February 16, 2018, 05:32:26 AM
I accept that there is an attitude contrary to the cryptography logic. But I see that they are not unjustified by the projects. A lot of people are resorting to making unfair profits. This percentage is becoming a necessity.
Activity: 392
February 16, 2018, 05:23:01 AM
Now most of the airdrops are for data collection.  I will not trust my documents. I think this is unpleasant for many.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
February 16, 2018, 05:14:33 AM
They really need KYC to avoid spam thats why they are doing it.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
February 15, 2018, 10:33:44 AM
KYC for airdrops is not ideal in my opinion.
Okay, in the era of ICO rush there has being a rapid increase in airdrops out there and 95% of them are worthless "shitcoins"..
I mean its stressful enough researching projects to invest in, its stressful researching bounties that are valuable, then the added stress of not just jumping at airdrops & given ur details to potential spammers; but to add to this the stress of performing a KYC for an airdrop is just damming
Activity: 266
Merit: 113
February 15, 2018, 07:23:11 AM
I agree with the author of a topic,as a crypt should be created as anonymous,and kyc Yes, and for airdrop it is absolutely,therefore try to look for the ico without kyc.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
February 15, 2018, 06:51:34 AM
I think KYC for bounty is need because now many people make multiple account
so that will give cheater hard to make multiple account
and because regulation need for know who is the memner and customer
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
February 15, 2018, 06:46:12 AM
In this there is some truth. It seems strange to me to get a free coin to give my personal data, in my opinion it is too much.
I can understand such a request for kys only if it is a question of serious amounts and liabilities.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
February 15, 2018, 06:41:41 AM
Know your customer
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
February 15, 2018, 06:39:54 AM
It depends on the participants if they wished to get some tokens for the consequence of revealing their identify or what you call KYC process but in my part it's best for me to stay anonymous rather than risking my identity for few tokens. I'm not saying its not a good thing to do the KYC process but just for assurance and ofcourse its up to the team behind the project to decide what rule they'll implement for the goodness of their project because we can't blame them for some people are just born to be scammers making a multiple accounts for airdrop.
Activity: 522
Merit: 101
February 15, 2018, 06:29:33 AM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

If you do not like some things, you just have to ignore them. Organizers of the airdrop have the right to establish the rules of their event. You have the right to accept these rules or not.
Activity: 602
February 15, 2018, 06:26:04 AM

Indeed, I also met such demands on the air, but I am neutral in this, because we ourselves have the right to choose to participate in the provision of all our data or to refuse it without getting free coins.
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
https://cryptotvplus.com
February 15, 2018, 02:53:45 AM

I thinks, KYC in airdrops is not an appropriate because its only a free token or coin,so why should they need to submitt our own information,and by this means of rule requirments maybe its our identity will become not anonymous and transparent,and the most vigorous of this it will make treaten our life and investment  soon,because more people knows about your personality,more  people scammers or phishing site's will hacking your personality account.

Why is the kyc even needed they claim that it just to follow instructions or the law, I feel kyc is only needed for those who invest a lot of money to be able to investigate if their sources are pure. Not for free coins worth pennies, I hope we all stand against this, and a change can be quickly made.

I agree with you.  I joined an ICO that required KYC for investors who invested a high amount of money. But small investors were not required to do KYC.

This nor presents a question to mind. Since KYC/AML is to prevent money laundering,  does a few 100 dollars represent Money Laundering?

These guys are just bending the law to execute their own selfish deeds.

We can raise our voices by saying together

#noKYC4airdrop
#noKYC4_1Kinvestor
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 09:57:02 PM
i dont know why the airdrop is require kyc, but i think it is because some greedy peoples who use multiple account to get free airdrop more.
so the dev use the kyc to prevent the multiple account in airdrop.
Pages:
Jump to: