Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 58. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 7
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
April 04, 2018, 12:41:40 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

bounty and airdrop is something else. If you are doing bounty and you're requested to do KYC, it makes some sense. But if you're asked to do KYC for airdrop coins, I would be very concerned about that, surely wouldn't recommend anyone to do it, as it might be scam attempt.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
Bounty Detective
April 04, 2018, 12:29:39 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

its funny that you need to expose yourself then you'll get shitcoins with that airdrop.
i don't know why they still put some Hassle in getting Airdrops .
Activity: 630
Merit: 11
NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter
April 04, 2018, 12:29:18 PM

Dude if they are asking for KYC for free airdrops then you should downright reject it.Mostly they are collecting to the information to sell it off to somebody and it could be darknet too.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
April 04, 2018, 12:27:27 PM
I think the most people are activating KYC to make sure that nobody abuses airdrops any more. I think there are a lot of multiclaimers in airdrops and KYC is a good way to kick them out. But yeah you are right, its sucks to submit a KYC so some pennys.
Yes I agree with you, i think  KYC for airdrop to avoid a lot of multiclaimers, so the airdrop is more evenly distributed for a one person.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"
April 04, 2018, 12:11:47 PM
I think the most people are activating KYC to make sure that nobody abuses airdrops any more. I think there are a lot of multiclaimers in airdrops and KYC is a good way to kick them out. But yeah you are right, its sucks to submit a KYC so some pennys.
Activity: 144
April 04, 2018, 12:10:20 PM
I do not think this is bad but I do not support you providing personal data to receive airdrop. If they lose your personal data you will be very annoyed.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
April 04, 2018, 12:06:21 PM
More and more blockchain platforms are asking for KYC verification at bounties hunters and I honestly have not figured out why. I think it's necessary for those who buy tokens, but for those who participate in a bounty campaign I think it's an excessive and very annoying measure
Activity: 88
Merit: 2
April 04, 2018, 11:37:00 AM
KYC is a good thing but not for airdrops, most of them are scam and what is the point in providing that thiefs with your docs?
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
April 04, 2018, 11:33:11 AM
KYC are good imho, because they will reduce money laundering and also reduce the amount of scamming projects out there which are really bad for crypto reputation in general.
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
Kuvacash.com
April 04, 2018, 11:21:30 AM

I think KYC is good for proven ventures such as BTC and more stable coins,Airdrops are full of scams that unless an airdrop ha a way of proving its legitimacy then there is no need for a KYC
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
April 04, 2018, 10:59:13 AM
If an airdrop asks me for KYC documents, I nope right out of there.This is very risky because we do not know the credibility of the people whose making airdrops ! KYC procedures for airdrops simply are not acceptable - its a nonsense!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1004
April 04, 2018, 10:54:54 AM
Yea I completely agree because most of the airdrop is useless and a waste of time and now they want to ask our identity documents for KYC. It is like selling your identity to strangers online for less than 25usd
Activity: 649
Merit: 250
April 04, 2018, 10:52:36 AM
There are many scams airdrop and I dont think their is needed Kyc just to received the free token. Better thinks more before you joined this kind of airdrop. Check if this is legit or not as I've heard there are other users got hacked their wallet  so be careful before you joined.
Activity: 142
April 04, 2018, 10:50:40 AM
KYC did it to make a match with multi-accounts, and not to pay people who do not want to provide their documents, everything is cunning, they earn on it!
Activity: 107
April 04, 2018, 10:48:03 AM
A total yes for this, all the ICO participants  and bounty participants MUST do something about this, Providing your NIC, passport, Bills with address or any other document that indicates your personal info to the Internet in these times is totally a bad bad thing, Wish there was something to do against this, some form of KYC is needed, but not something that reveals all your personal info when it comes to the Internet.

I believe the best way to ask for a KYC is asking a time-stamped Selfie/ clear photo of the person Holding a paper saying which ICO or bounty program participate, you can write something on the paper unique to that ICO and send a clear photo.  I really wish that can happen as a trend, a Clear photo of yourself, even time-stamped is fine, with unique something holding.

These KYC with a passport or other document requirements has become such a PAINful thing, don't wanna provide them, so missing some pretty good projects out there. and it Sucks.

good idea.. unfortunately, i suspect that social engineering is their main point in KYC.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
April 04, 2018, 10:43:01 AM
Really, so far I haven't gotten it it's been too long I left the airdrop, 80 % airdrop into the coin collection alone.

If it found it I certainly will not join, except for airdrop, which at once ico maybe I'll think about it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
April 04, 2018, 10:17:18 AM
A total yes for this, all the ICO participants  and bounty participants MUST do something about this, Providing your NIC, passport, Bills with address or any other document that indicates your personal info to the Internet in these times is totally a bad bad thing, Wish there was something to do against this, some form of KYC is needed, but not something that reveals all your personal info when it comes to the Internet.

I believe the best way to ask for a KYC is asking a time-stamped Selfie/ clear photo of the person Holding a paper saying which ICO or bounty program participate, you can write something on the paper unique to that ICO and send a clear photo.  I really wish that can happen as a trend, a Clear photo of yourself, even time-stamped is fine, with unique something holding.

These KYC with a passport or other document requirements has become such a PAINful thing, don't wanna provide them, so missing some pretty good projects out there. and it Sucks.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
April 04, 2018, 10:01:43 AM
I am against this situation. I believe that to participate in bounty programs and programs Airdrops can not use Know Your Customer (KYC).
Activity: 805
Merit: 26
April 04, 2018, 09:59:30 AM

I am agree with KYC if I get bunch of airdrop tokens or by bounty campaigns. If I will pass my identity for a just $20 tokens, no way! I don't want to join in an airdrop that requires KYC because I don't want to change my identity for just a few tokens.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
April 04, 2018, 09:56:44 AM
Really a big no for this requirements giving a personal data to someone who you didnt even know can harm you big. Even ICOs with KYC is not safe cause some of it are Scam ICOs that can sell you personal info to earn them money many people will really buy this kind of things.
Pages:
Jump to: