Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 57. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 11
April 04, 2018, 06:42:30 PM
I think that verification of your identity in airdrop should be at a lower level. If you participate in the bounty of the company then they may require documents.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
April 04, 2018, 06:40:04 PM
I think this makes it possible to greatly reduce the number of payments)
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
April 04, 2018, 06:39:17 PM

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

Airdrop is worth nothing you should leave it. It is waste time and energy. Airdrop has no liquidity, it is only the greedy developers who want to take your money once the token listed in the market. Some market no need liquidity to list a coin but in the end the coin will not grow. The developers are greedy because they may hold the coin more than 80 to 90 %. 10 % for airdrop. Are you crazy to trust such a kind of developers that ask ID for KYC. I think you are stupid if you insist to get the coin. You'd better join bounty programs from legit ICOs. It is better to make money in cryptocurrency world.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business
April 04, 2018, 06:21:30 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

Actually we have disame stands bro, regarding this implementation of kyc when doing ICO investment or bounty hunting,or now in airdrops because my opinion,maybe this personal information  that we submitted in KYC can threaten our life in danger,and make our personal life in public,or those we passed document like passport,personal i.d information can be used in terrorism act.maybe im so exagerrated and over speculated but its for me i have a motto in life that "prevention is better than cure",so we look  the cause before that situation would been happen.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
April 04, 2018, 06:01:22 PM
Guys, run from such airdrops! All data from KYC can be sold in darknet. All your documents are for more profit. Or do you think that all airdrops are for non-profit activity only?
Yes, if we simply avoid such projects, it will show that the community is against KYC in bounty campaigns and especially in airdrops. The documents submitted can very easily be used for illegal purposes, we need to fight against this.
Activity: 308
April 04, 2018, 05:35:48 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

I think it's not that bad because we have not been forced to submit identification for airdrop. Since airdrop and their developers have chooses this method I have decided to "do my own research" before submitting any document to anybody on internet.
Activity: 238
Merit: 13
April 04, 2018, 05:26:09 PM
It's unpleasant, of course, but in most cases the person glows and shakes himself.
Plus, leaks from the organizers of the ICO are also doing things.
And people talk a lot of language or like to brag about their money.
Be careful and pretend you go to work or doing freelance
Activity: 532
April 04, 2018, 04:02:45 PM
Guys, run from such airdrops! All data from KYC can be sold in darknet. All your documents are for more profit. Or do you think that all airdrops are for non-profit activity only?
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
April 04, 2018, 04:00:14 PM
The airdrops asking for KYC is unnecessary as you are not investing anything, you just want the free stuff.
The airdrops asking for social media tasks, just use a secondary email address for it, for all your important accounts use 2FA and for your crypto coins use a hardware wallet.
There is no need to be worried, there are thousands of people applying and giving away the same information for those airdrops anyways.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
April 04, 2018, 03:57:17 PM
Yes, I am also very pissed about that it is now mandatory for many airdrops to register for KYC.

For me it seems more like the projects say it right after they received a lot of buzz or new Telegram members. So many people will not claim or be able to claim their tokens. :/

I can't really take those projects serious. But I haven't seen too many airdrops ask for kyc.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
April 04, 2018, 03:54:37 PM

I think, that it is not necessarily for Bounty Hunters or participants of airdrops, because they don't spend any money here, so why they have to provide this informations?
Activity: 430
Merit: 250
April 04, 2018, 03:52:29 PM
Yes, I am also very pissed about that it is now mandatory for many airdrops to register for KYC.

For me it seems more like the projects say it right after they received a lot of buzz or new Telegram members. So many people will not claim or be able to claim their tokens. :/
Activity: 418
Merit: 10
"simply getting the job done"
April 04, 2018, 03:50:43 PM

So far I do not know what is the main function of KYC verification. Actually, bounty hunters only do their duties as campaign participants and will receive payment from bounty owners. I never saw bounty participants scam, and that's not possible. So, KYC verification is not for bounty hunters.
Activity: 714
Merit: 160
April 04, 2018, 02:26:20 PM

Yeah that's true, I see many new airdrops require to fill KYC first before we can claim this tokens/coins. Many airdrops are just worth of pennies and why we should fill KYC ??
That's weird, also I am afraid if my personal data is being misused by irresponsible parties...
Activity: 546
April 04, 2018, 02:05:09 PM
It can be time consuming for some but I think somehow it is good. There are many people who apply for a single airdrop multiple times so to save that, I think KYC is a good option. I’m still a bit sketched out by the passport requirement.
Activity: 145
April 04, 2018, 01:59:18 PM

well said, I always hesitate giving out my ID and this forcing me buying from open market other than ICOs, the illegal fund raising trying to follow the legal procedures, what's going on!?

Activity: 364
Merit: 110
SPOKKZ
April 04, 2018, 01:50:53 PM
If an airdrop asks me for KYC documents, I nope right out of there.This is very risky because we do not know the credibility of the people whose making airdrops ! KYC procedures for airdrops simply are not acceptable - its a nonsense!
It is really very bad that developers implement KYC for Airdrops. It seems to me that only fraudulent companies do this. I do not trust companies that are asked to go through the procedure of the UCJ, because my documents may find themselves in the hands of thieves.
Activity: 350
April 04, 2018, 01:13:41 PM
KYC for airdrops? I will never do it. It's ridiculous to ask bounty hunters for documents to get some shitcoins. It's too risky and i don't know why they need it for airdrops...This is a very sad trend.
Activity: 163
April 04, 2018, 01:10:44 PM
I participate in one airdrop like that and got the information that I must submit my KYC details before I can receive my rewards.. Where as, the token is just peanut..
I don't really buy the the idea of introducing KYC into aidrop
Activity: 75
April 04, 2018, 12:54:26 PM
You are correct. Why for such a very small amount of money the airdrop participants have to do kyc when it is not even worth several thousands? Imagine if your identity will be stolen to used for bad intentions. I would say millions isn't even enough to pay for involving you on an activity or a crime that could damage your reputations and that could even put you in jail.
Pages:
Jump to: