Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 66. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
February 14, 2018, 07:06:36 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens.  

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

I thinks, KYC in airdrops is not an appropriate because its only a free token or coin,so why should they need to submitt our own information,and by this means of rule requirments maybe its our identity will become not anonymous and transparent,and the most vigorous of this it will make treaten our life and investment  soon,because more people knows about your personality,more  people scammers or phishing site's will hacking your personality account.

Why is the kyc even needed they claim that it just to follow instructions or the law, I feel kyc is only needed for those who invest a lot of money to be able to investigate if their sources are pure. Not for free coins worth pennies, I hope we all stand against this, and a change can be quickly made.

KYC is needed because some countries have banned their citizens to participate in ICO , surely airdrops often are part of ICOs and I believe airdrops could easily be mentioned in such laws as well. Project management is responsible of complying with these laws and the only proper way of doing it is KYC.  Because of this KYC will not be going anywhere, the opposite is going to happen - we will see it more often.

My advice do not participate in shady airdrops.  
Activity: 477
Merit: 100
February 14, 2018, 07:04:19 PM
Sometimes KYC is needed, even I heard that a project which not doing this is pretended as a scam project by some people. But honestly, I disagree with that procedure because an airdrop must be easy to do since the participants only get small amount of reward. The participants are join airdrop to support the project, aren't they? Then the developer should give respect for them.
Activity: 168
Merit: 12
February 14, 2018, 06:55:30 PM
If airdrop also use the system KYC very reasonable according to me because it’s too excessive, if for the bounty is only natural because the need to security let to escape spam but if airdrop is very.
Activity: 392
February 14, 2018, 06:52:24 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

I thinks, KYC in airdrops is not an appropriate because its only a free token or coin,so why should they need to submitt our own information,and by this means of rule requirments maybe its our identity will become not anonymous and transparent,and the most vigorous of this it will make treaten our life and investment  soon,because more people knows about your personality,more  people scammers or phishing site's will hacking your personality account.

Why is the kyc even needed they claim that it just to follow instructions or the law, I feel kyc is only needed for those who invest a lot of money to be able to investigate if their sources are pure. Not for free coins worth pennies, I hope we all stand against this, and a change can be quickly made.
February 14, 2018, 06:49:10 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

Yeah I agree with you. I don’t like the idea of having to give out my details just to earn some pennies, how do I get guaranteed that my details would be safe and wouldn’t be used for fraud. I’m very skeptical when it comes to participating in airdrops with kyc and I don’t think it’s advisable or it would become a norm like you said and scammers can take advantage to get the details of a lot of participants.
platform for everyday business
February 14, 2018, 06:44:40 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

I thinks, KYC in airdrops is not an appropriate because its only a free token or coin,so why should they need to submitt our own information,and by this means of rule requirments maybe its our identity will become not anonymous and transparent,and the most vigorous of this it will make treaten our life and investment  soon,because more people knows about your personality,more  people scammers or phishing site's will hacking your personality account.
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
https://cryptotvplus.com
February 14, 2018, 06:30:31 PM

Pages:
Jump to: