Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC scams - page 11. (Read 2927 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
August 24, 2018, 07:35:03 PM
In my opinion, we are living in an awful age. The world of technology, especially the cryptocurrency world, is unfortunately full of evil people and I think every trader should be extra careful before sending personal informations.
Activity: 85
Merit: 1
August 24, 2018, 07:03:41 PM
That is why one need to make thorough research and make informed decision before doing KYC
Activity: 94
Merit: 0
August 24, 2018, 06:48:41 PM
that's a major reason I don't do KYC. It's very easy to fall to scams.. Especially that of airdrops.. Anyone can just create something that looks like a legit project just to phish people's data.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
August 24, 2018, 06:39:07 PM
i think there is no problem for KYC. KYC is good for avoiding scammer
besides that, it obey goverment regulation. i never heard about abusing KYC
Activity: 55
August 24, 2018, 06:36:12 PM
In my humble opinion any airdrops asking for your kyc information should be considered as a scam and not touched with a 10 foot pole.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
August 24, 2018, 06:28:28 PM
People should not give their identity whether as an Investor or bounty hunter except the people behind the project can be trusted otherwise it can be so dangerous. Nowadays it's hard to find ICO project which doesn't need to provide KYC, I personally will never invest in this kind of ICO better to invest in a coin which available in the market. I know that For investor KYC is required by law I just don't get it why do bounty hunter should provide KYC too? preventing cheating? I think there is an alternative way instead of collecting participants ID.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
August 24, 2018, 06:20:18 PM
Now fraud with the use KYC is very common, that's why people participate in bounty campaigns, which require KYC very reluctant. In my opinion, they should require KYC only from investors and not from bountyhunters.
yes, most KYC is only intended for investors while paid hunters are rarely told to do KYC verification, only on a few bounty programs and the aim is to minimize fraud, which is multi-account and I don't mind that the most important results I will receive are commensurate with that
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
Migranet ITO
August 24, 2018, 06:18:51 PM
Whenever you send your know your customer information, be sure you can be scammed! Don't do that for free, ever!
Activity: 82
Merit: 6
August 24, 2018, 06:18:18 PM
Have to say i was always surprised in the past when friends or colleagues printed their passports to get access to normal discussion boards...not even talking financial stuff. You never know what those other people are going to do with your data and till the whole thing is solved, you usually have a looooooad of trouble. In some cases, data is used for years and it could become even more expensive for you to prove all the time who you are and - more important - what you have NOT done.
copper member
Activity: 546
Merit: 1
August 24, 2018, 06:17:37 PM
This is an interesting thread. KYC known as know your customer is the verification of personal details which includes passport, government issued 🆔 cards,  drivers license and others. It's another new way in which some fake airdrop ICO uses to gain users details for fraudulent acts and other cyber crime..  It's really hard to confirm if an airdrop ICO using the KYC form is legit but the illegal ones are the ones that are easy to come by in which they later end up asking for eth to their contract address. So everyone involving in any KYC form verification should make more research about such projects to avoid being used for fraudulent acts.
Activity: 98
August 24, 2018, 06:15:29 PM
Of course, people don't understand this, because they usually think that these things can't happen to them, but they have to be extremely careful with their identity, since identity theft is one of the most cumbersome crimes there is, ask yourselft it's really worth exposing yourself to criminal activity just for a few tokens? personally, I don't think so.
Activity: 151
August 24, 2018, 06:14:12 PM
Yes, I'm afraid that my data can be used by scammers but I am comforted that without my signature no document will be valid
Activity: 532
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
August 24, 2018, 06:13:40 PM
Scam coming up daily in the cryptocurrency space, daily and regularly, I always recommend a detailed research and due diligence before going out of your way to give yoour details for the KYC, I hope some years to come we will have regulation in the space thereby reducing the numbers of scammers coming into the space
Activity: 490
Merit: 14
August 24, 2018, 06:11:11 PM
it is true, scam ICOs stick to collect documents and sell them on dark market. That's why I try to avoid passing KYC.
In most cases I buy documents and it is ok. Nobody check it
Activity: 822
Merit: 100
August 24, 2018, 06:11:01 PM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

Identity is very delicate information. As an investors i will instead wait for exchange listing. A lot of this ico has ended up being scam and information gather can be use for fraud and it can implicate the owner.
Activity: 350
August 24, 2018, 06:06:48 PM
You are right. Releasing sensitive information to strangers with no office or even faces over that internet in the guise of KYC is risky. Could turn out to be terrorists or any of the bad boys. They could pounce on any information given hem and make the other person public enemy number one for crime he knows nothing about.
It's very fair that you wrote about this fraud. Because, in addition to all of the above, this is an excellent loophole for various scammers. The scammer gets an array of participants and sends them a message, as if you need to transfer this KYC. And here is the phishing and the virus can throw and other troubles. I'm angry with this KYC after, since I had both money and tokens ... I'm still upset.
Activity: 150
Merit: 6
August 24, 2018, 05:54:54 PM
Hi there!

Definetly never perform such a KYC for a airdrop nor bounty.
Even dont do it for an ICO, the risks are way to high for you to be scammed in many ways!

Dont put in your phine number aswell, this also can lead to alot of problems, strange calls from foreign countries etc. It can cost you serieus money!

Thanks for sharing this!

Greetings! Cool
Activity: 224
August 24, 2018, 05:47:13 PM
that's why I'm afraid KYC because it is unknown how to use your data scammers.
Activity: 784
Merit: 115
August 24, 2018, 05:44:26 PM
Now fraud with the use KYC is very common, that's why people participate in bounty campaigns, which require KYC very reluctant. In my opinion, they should require KYC only from investors and not from bountyhunters.
Activity: 224
August 24, 2018, 05:39:46 PM
this year is more proliferated. I need to be very careful with these frauds. Because now everything is full of them. we need to do very good research.
Pages:
Jump to: