Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC scams - page 12. (Read 2927 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
The Exchange for EOS Community
August 06, 2018, 05:06:42 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in.  

Who would ever wanted to be a victim of identity theft? If i can remember, i have only participated in a bounty campaign that requires KYC of all its participants and good thing that the ICO is very professional and LEGIT. I got my tokens and earned big from that and but i never participated in bounties that needs KYC anymore.
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
August 06, 2018, 04:44:12 AM
I have not yet met projects with the confirmation of the KYC.
I don`t particularly want to participate in these and to disclose my personal information to strangers because there are so many scammers now.
This can lead to very bad consequences!
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
August 06, 2018, 04:36:59 AM
Very often the passage of KYC leads to the fact that personal data are shared as a result of hacker attacks.
Activity: 317
Merit: 12
August 06, 2018, 04:34:29 AM
Why do people send their passports and IDs to cryptocurrency ICOs is beyond me! There is no good reason for a crypto project to be asking for your ID when it's supposed to be providing you anonymity.
Activity: 665
Merit: 107
August 06, 2018, 04:27:01 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in.  

True! Make sure that the KYC is an outsourced 3rd party that is legit and known in the KYC industry. Be careful with ICO's running their own KYC.
Evident Proof might help solve this issue  Grin
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
August 06, 2018, 04:19:21 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

yes, we must be more vigilant with KYC verification, that's why you should read the campaign rules or ico investments first. and if there is a KYC for the airdrop you should ignore it because it certainly won't be useful at all.
Activity: 373
Merit: 11
August 06, 2018, 04:14:58 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

right, thank you for reminding each other members of the forum. I would like to suggest a little for all the bitcointalk forum participants, if for example there is an unclear gift in an attempt to deceive participants, then never give your identity in the form of KYC. Hopefully with the advice of other forum participants can be useful for all of us.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
August 06, 2018, 04:00:48 AM

That's scary on those that are already become their victims. That is why I highly avoid any participation of bounties that enforces KYC. Their documents could be already used now in making illegal transactions or it could be worse that it is already getting sold in the darkweb. Be very careful folks because using the word KYC to their project does not meant that they really do compliance with the law.
Activity: 65
August 05, 2018, 08:34:42 PM
You are right. Releasing sensitive information to strangers with no office or even faces over that internet in the guise of KYC is risky. Could turn out to be terrorists or any of the bad boys. They could pounce on any information given hem and make the other person public enemy number one for crime he knows nothing about.
Activity: 448
Merit: 11
August 05, 2018, 06:57:51 PM

Yes, that's true, there are some who ask KYC for reasons of investor demand. Some bounties I miss to take rewards because of KYC, not because I refuse to give but because it does not worth what we get. Only a few bounties or invest in the ICO project after seeing and confident of their team, if it's not better to miss than risk my own personal data.
My friend feels that KYC was needed for security, but now rethinking for KYC each project he want to join
Activity: 154
Merit: 17
August 05, 2018, 06:48:16 PM
Thanks for this warning. I have never at anytime wished anyone to do KYC. I have participated in ICOs without KYC and they were successful. Some of the so called KYC are just mere scam. It is not necessary in crypto.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 644
https://duelbits.com/
August 05, 2018, 06:45:24 PM
if you are hesitant to provide information about your data I suggest avoiding campaigns that require KYC.
indeed there is no security guarantee provided by the company for this, so it is only natural that this becomes a concern.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
August 05, 2018, 05:53:34 PM
Thinking about it, this post is one of the best I have seen today.
Scam projects have one aim which is to make away with people's money and some people are willing to go to further lengths like collecting people's data and sending them promotion of scam projects in the hope they fall for it again.
People should be careful who they disclose their personal data to.
Remember that the whole point of blockchain is in its anonymous nature.
Activity: 140
August 05, 2018, 05:35:50 PM

I even think that it is necessary to cancel the verification of KYC. This verification has more minuses than pluses. Even worse, when at the end of the bounty admins inform about the need to pass the audit - half of the participants merge. Roll Eyes
Activity: 133
Merit: 1
August 05, 2018, 05:31:52 PM
And what can they do with my documents? I do not think it's worth the fear that documents can get to scammers

Are you shilling or what?  If someone gets a hold of all your personal information they can steal your identity and commit criminal acts against you and others.  Not to fun to have the police investigating you for a murder you didn't commit because your drivers license was at the scent of the crime. 
Activity: 938
Merit: 159
August 05, 2018, 04:34:34 PM
the anonymity was and still is one of the strengths of the crypto, that's why i personally do not ever do bounty or airdrop that require the kyc procedure once you put online the documents they remain there forever, and then we really know the company or people who require kyc? i believe not
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Araw ICO
August 05, 2018, 04:17:02 PM
And what can they do with my documents? I do not think it's worth the fear that documents can get to scammers
Activity: 563
Merit: 102
August 05, 2018, 04:04:45 PM
Yes, users should be ware of whom they are sending their identity.
Most of the new coins are just doing to look special.
Anonymity is one of the reason why people switched for paypal to crypto.

Yes I agree with you. KYC supposed to be ti avoid scams but some most probably were scams. That is why you need really ro be careful about whom you are gihijg your information and details tbecause they can access your wallet and hack also your account.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
August 05, 2018, 03:58:28 PM
This is why we need to complete our KYC only on a trusted 3rd party KYC verification sites like civic, jumio etc. Never do KYC if someone asks you via email.
Activity: 223
August 05, 2018, 03:52:22 PM

I also kick against any airdrop asking for KYC. This is just absord. Why should you be asking for the details of whom are not your customers, after all, they giving away free token.
Pages:
Jump to: