Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC scams - page 13. (Read 2927 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Vena.Network
August 05, 2018, 03:43:00 PM
KYC is one of the factor to know more and validate users, but it is also one way to get your information to which they use it to scam.

There is no need to validate users in crypto no matter for what purposes they need it to be provided(I mean KYC) because crypto was made not for that. I am a person that has nothing to hide but I wont show my personal data to trustworthy. Why don't they show us their personal data mutually? Wink
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
August 05, 2018, 03:38:28 PM
Absolutely this is a major problem with scam ICO's. Our identification is more valuable than our money. So we should protect our identity even our money loses.  We should make about any project before submitting KYC.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
August 05, 2018, 03:35:40 PM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

yeah i know that. there were some icos i gave my informations and they leaked my details as well. it is really very disappointing and scary to be leaked in dark web. i dont know what conclusions there will be for us.
Activity: 270
August 05, 2018, 03:33:11 PM
There are many ads where people are selling emails, and personal IDs from KYC. Problem is that there are a lot of airdrops where scammers are asking for kyc, and newbies are giving it to them, so they could get some waves based or some worthles dead erc20 tokens...
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
August 05, 2018, 05:29:32 AM
It is very important to stay anonymous in the crypto money world. Campaigns and projects that are seeking KYC are in opposition to the values of this world. It is the right choice to avoid such project Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
August 05, 2018, 05:16:29 AM
KYC is one of the factor to know more and validate users, but it is also one way to get your information to which they use it to scam.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
August 05, 2018, 05:05:05 AM
In our new world it is almost impossible to have full or 100% anonymity. You can forget about it. Of course some scams abuse crypto to collect your data. Be careful
of course buddy, some time ago I joined cibus project and passed Kyc and right now this project scam this is so bad where I don't get tokens and my data is taken by people therefore we must be more careful.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
August 05, 2018, 05:01:04 AM
of course, I'm against KYC because cryptocurrency is losing its anonymity.

In our new world it is almost impossible to have full or 100% anonymity. You can forget about it. Of course some scams abuse crypto to collect your data. Be careful
Activity: 294
August 05, 2018, 04:36:03 AM
I agree completely-scammers do not sleep and constantly develop their methods of stealing your personal data. But the fact is that companies that do the procedure  KYC by all rules, too, can become a victim of hackers and data can be stolen. Entire databases are sold on the black market. Be careful
copper member
Activity: 301
simply getting the job done
August 05, 2018, 04:15:20 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

And what should I do when it is required by exchanges/ICOs/ crypto cards? You have to do it.
Is there really problem with abusing IDs? Can they borrow some money with your ID cards?
Activity: 42
August 05, 2018, 04:12:07 AM
I'm stress over the KYC framework I don't need a brought together government, i'm a Liberalism and think about that as some ICO needs KYC lead I won't uncover my character tho I will utilize other recognizable proof to make an exchange so I won't be a casualty of those programmers.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
July 23, 2018, 05:56:47 PM

I totally agree with you Kyc of a thing has become rampant under the guise of compliance with government regulations, they be asking for sensitive informations such as passport , bank statement or proof of residency which is even in contrast to the idea of cryptocurrency which is total anonymity... If I'm not mistaken no one knows actually who satoshi is who founded digital currency
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
July 23, 2018, 05:48:02 PM
KYC is very disputed issue at registration in ICO. On the one hand: it helps to limit number of participants who violate rules and help projects with their yuridichky affairs. On the other hand: it is very terrible to give the data to unknown persons who can use them in any other place.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
July 23, 2018, 05:45:16 PM
They just making a reason for not paying us, There are many Bounties that i joined that became successful that not needing of any KYC and yet they give our stakes as promise date.. this company who wants our identity are mostly fraud and scammers. so that's right no need to send them anything.
Activity: 224
July 23, 2018, 05:42:09 PM
Some people are too gullible, they can be easily deceived. Why on earth would you submit your identity to ordinary airdrop that might even turn out to be scam. Airdrop is just a way of giving free token, you neither invest there nor buy their token, why then do you have to give them your details.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
July 23, 2018, 05:37:31 PM

Yes, this is now a very serious problem for the participants in the ICO generosity campaigns. It should also be borne in mind that the KYC test should not apply to bounty hunters. We are not investors and therefore should not undergo such verification. The KYC check is very good for scammers who, together with investors' money, receive our identification data, as well as copies of our passports, which can also be sold and used for illegal purposes. Therefore, I never participate in those ICO signature companies, where it is possible that the KYC test is underway.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
July 23, 2018, 05:27:03 PM
Well now of course it is difficult to recognize the Scam and a good project and especially where the Kyc is required
Activity: 133
July 23, 2018, 05:24:09 PM

Thanks for this nice information. I wonder why people submit their details like their international passport all in the name of doing KYC to an ordinary airdrop.
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
July 23, 2018, 05:19:51 PM

KYC will appear more often because of regulation. So if you want to pass KYC and be more secure just do water marks on your identity. Write that this is a copy for the specific company and put the date.
Activity: 546
July 23, 2018, 05:08:58 PM

yeah that is true but most of the exchange are also requiring KYC and without it you can't trade or withdraw... what are you saying now, do you mean that we shouldn't send our details out to them so that we won't scammed.
Pages:
Jump to: