Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC scams - page 9. (Read 2927 times)

Activity: 912
Merit: 100
September 11, 2018, 11:42:02 AM
It's bad when your documents fall into the hands of third parties. And what if then, if practically all future projects require the passage of kyc? If you do not want to send documents, then you will not be able to invest. This is the whole problem that many people want to invest, but no one will give guarantees that you will not fall for the scammers.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
September 11, 2018, 11:30:44 AM
To be honest, KYC has an important role in the crypto world, especially in ico and bounty, the purpose of KYC is to avoid multi-account and restricted countries, but many bad people abuse it to steal our biodata and sell it or use it for scam purposes, therefore we must be more careful in filling KYC
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
September 10, 2018, 11:14:04 AM
It is shocking that this sort of is allowed to happen. No accountability. No transparency. Not even a little bit of protection.

Who are these people really trying to protect If the only way to prevent Money laundering is to put thousands of vulnerable individuals at risk? Their own systems & puppets all over the World or their vulnerable citizens? Your guess is as good as mine.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
September 10, 2018, 08:35:16 AM
wow, i didn't even think about it as a possibility, but ye, sure they can use these sensitive datas for anything
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
September 10, 2018, 08:34:13 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

But this KYC still exist today and people never learn that there is certain risk involved in giving your personal details, some of the ICO that they've given you your KYC is not existing anymore. People still participating in this KYC so let them, they will regret later I participated in one KYC before in an mlm and that MLM is now a scam site and I don't know where my personal details are now.
Activity: 434
Merit: 1
September 10, 2018, 08:20:14 AM
Sometimes companies too late talk about the passage of KYC, and to get your reward you have to pass!
Activity: 182
Merit: 3
September 10, 2018, 07:46:12 AM
We live in the funny and same time in very very stupid world.
Just grazy world nothing else to say more !!
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
September 10, 2018, 07:24:53 AM
No kyc is a protraction and security too.
I think KYC is the one that can protect us from scam project, but many people are not ready for that because some of us especially to those lots of accounts in a bounty are afraid to give their information. Even im not yet fully understand KYC but what I like to it is they do action to lessen the scam projects especially in ICO. While in bounty I think KYC should not disallow us to have a lots of account because for me there are no problem about that.
Activity: 10
September 10, 2018, 07:21:23 AM
No kyc is a protraction and security too.
Activity: 196
September 10, 2018, 07:19:15 AM
do not take part in these fraudulent schemes guys! it's not worth it so that somehow people have access to your photo and passport
Activity: 112
September 10, 2018, 07:18:16 AM
I agree! In the first place, since cryptocurrencies are not regulated by banks, there should not be any KYC. You are right, this has caused a lot of identity theft contrary to it's purpose is for added security actually. Unfortunately, it has become more of a liability rather than an advantage so yes, be very careful on giving out your information.
Activity: 154
September 10, 2018, 07:05:22 AM
because of this, I do not go through all these mafia schemes. this choy risky and the risk unfortunately is not worth it
Activity: 123
September 06, 2018, 03:48:40 PM
I try to invest only in serious projects, so i am not too afraid to pass KYC because i trust these projects.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
September 06, 2018, 03:14:49 PM
I agree, we should not carelessly fill out the desired KYC by a project that cannot necessarily develop in the future. We must analyze further about the project that we followed before giving our data to them.
Activity: 98
September 06, 2018, 03:10:17 PM
Yes of course it's good that they came up with this degree of protection. For personality enhancements. But there is a very one bad side is that a person can forget about notifications about the pussy and all that worked then in vain.
Activity: 23
September 06, 2018, 02:35:22 PM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

Yes , I think so.
Should carefull. Have a lot of scam and risk if I leakage personal information.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
September 06, 2018, 02:32:48 PM
"KYC SCAM" is caused by the irresponsible people, they want to get profit by doing nothing. This action is certainly very detrimental for us who have joined in this business, who inevitably have to use KYC as one of the parts we have to go through. We have to learn by many KYC Scam cases in the past and be more selective in choosing the project we are joining in (for example; by identifying the profit that the team offers, so we have to be careful in it).
Activity: 210
September 05, 2018, 10:47:07 PM
I have contradicted the main nature of anonymized cryptocurrency.
KYC kills all these anonymies and I don't like them.

The Exchange is also now a lot of SCAM, but it's like this: https://octaex.com/
Activity: 336
Merit: 17
August 31, 2018, 06:47:45 PM
I do not see any problem with the fact that I show the documents. When you show them at the bank or at the border, are you straining too? Cheesy

A bank employee with your documents can do such a fraud, that it would be worse than sending a passport to some project, not to mention the exchange.
And of course you have an alternative - do not send Wink You can lead all activities in the crypto and without passing through kyc  Cool
Activity: 473
Merit: 11
August 31, 2018, 06:41:36 PM
Whenever you send your know your customer information, be sure you can be scammed! Don't do that for free, ever!

sending KYC to any company that we can't even have their trust is a bad thing. most people right now interested to sending their identity just for a little cash or even nothing. like airdrop event or new market event.
Pages:
Jump to: