Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC scams - page 8. (Read 2927 times)

Activity: 356
Merit: 100
September 13, 2018, 04:25:52 AM
I dont even think those kyc scams are detecting in some issues like this which haven't expected. Be careful to give your important information to aware these kind of work. I'd never experienced yet to joined those ico need kyc.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
September 13, 2018, 04:12:07 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

but most of the project need KYC, hard to avoid this problem  Sad
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
September 13, 2018, 02:06:40 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 
Thank you. This poster warns about KYC so that it is not misused by other parties
Activity: 140
September 13, 2018, 02:01:32 AM
I am also very headache with this issue. How to detect it is a KYC scam. With passport images they can do a lot of work including scam other ICO Vietnam. While I do not know how to distinguish, I only KYC with the trading platform and the ICO which I learn thoroughly, is classified into my long-term investment list. I advise you to do the same.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 503
September 13, 2018, 02:01:04 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in.  

only entrust your data if the KYC platform is well-known, if a project holds a KYC but does not use the sum & substance platform, never follow it.
Activity: 504
Merit: 106
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
September 13, 2018, 01:56:06 AM
I agree. That is why I make sure that the ICO was successful before I send my KYC details. I am not using my passport for KYC because I know the risk of identity theft. I use my driver's license or other ID that will be allowed for KYC. If they require a passport, I will not join them. Although I don't agree on KYC, I don't have any other choice or otherwise I won't get paid.
Activity: 112
September 13, 2018, 01:53:33 AM
This is really a serious and important matter that needs to be dealt with but crypto seems to be so unregulated that people are using all foul means to cause harm to others. Where on earth will you disguise your identity with an impersonation because you hide under the umbrella of kyc for rewards to get hold of people identities?Even sometimes these people sell that information.
Activity: 210
September 13, 2018, 01:51:25 AM
as long as this is not really sure that the project use the KYC was a scam. It's just that I have a suspicion that this could just be KYC data in order to take advantage of the things that are not good. so I'd avoid the project by KYC.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
September 13, 2018, 01:47:43 AM
It really needs to be controlled because this kind of abuse can be used for various things. sufficient personal identity will certainly be something dangerous if fallen into the wrong people. It is better to avoid this kind of KYC or indeed a good project if true then the best possible analysis so that personal data can be sent safely and not misused.
copper member
Activity: 126
September 13, 2018, 01:34:42 AM

I agree with you. I hate that kind of things like submitting my ID to strangers. That's why Ruby-X's users don't need to show their privacy. KYC is only needed when users want to withdraw more than 20 ETH. even bounty campaign participants dont need KYC Smiley
Activity: 56
September 13, 2018, 01:28:36 AM
KYC is a big dilemma. They pretend they need KYC to avoid fake registrars. But it's a big mistake for us if we share our personal identification with foreigners or people. we must be very careful in divulging personal information to anyone in the name of kik, secret actions must be taken to find out how credible they are.
Activity: 462
September 11, 2018, 06:55:01 PM
Many times thought over this and regret that sent their personal data. We need to be careful.
Activity: 84
September 11, 2018, 06:32:56 PM
Yeah, actually, the biggest part of projects out there are scams, but KYC is still a good way for the managers of legit projects to verify the credibility of their investors so you can't blame them for that.
Activity: 182
September 11, 2018, 12:30:59 PM
Especially now fraudsters profitable to do Google form under the guise of airdrop in which they are asked to provide a passport ! Be careful .
Activity: 1036
September 11, 2018, 12:27:10 PM
Agreed. You need to be very careful about the procedure of the KYC. Very often, the scam projects are forcing investors to place the KYC to create the illusion of a serious company that is focused on results.
Activity: 364
September 11, 2018, 12:18:48 PM
Yes, this is a very good advice especially for newbies because they might be eager to quickly give this information not knowing the potentials of the project. Before you supply your KYC in any projects, take your time to ensure that the project is legit and will not end up being scam, check all the necessary information and ask questions of you are in doubt for the manager and people in the community to ensure you are not making a wrong choice.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
September 11, 2018, 12:14:42 PM
It's bad when your documents fall into the hands of third parties. And what if then, if practically all future projects require the passage of kyc? If you do not want to send documents, then you will not be able to invest. This is the whole problem that many people want to invest, but no one will give guarantees that you will not fall for the scammers.
Yes it's really scary if our identity papers are traded on the black market and use it for evil purposes. We may be in danger and may be worse off so I don't like KYC because I don't want anyone to have my ID even if that ICO is reputable
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
September 11, 2018, 12:11:35 PM
receiving Identification information to unknown persons is serious issue. Those information can be used to so many illegal things that will make the victim as a suspect. So when submitting KYC we have to really make research about projects and team. We should submit KYC only if we have high confidence about the project.
September 11, 2018, 12:09:27 PM
we can not avoid scams because people who are fools are more intelligent so we can always be careful. do not just give out the informations the bad guy does not know what you are. to prevent such things from members if they have not scam.
September 11, 2018, 11:53:09 AM
there are many really bad people. Sad It's sad to think that because they do not believe in what they do, they will be careful about scams because they do not sleep so they can be victims of human beings so be careful.
Pages:
Jump to: