Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC scams - page 7. (Read 2927 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 3
September 25, 2018, 08:45:15 AM
The ones who asking you to provide kyc are the secret agents who work for the goverment 100% yes they pretending to be just innocent crypto enthusiast.. but no !!

What we must undestood is this if someone is using your kyc to do something bad or creating the fake identity document he must have the knowledge and support by law enforcement or secret services !!

World biggest fake document providers are the secret service agents their selfes !!

Yes they can pretend like they are some criminals and street wise... but they are not !!

They are very informed and skilled people.
Dont think the criminals do criminal activities nop... they are not some poor criminals who try to make some money, they are well informed and very organized people.

Offcourse we dont know who they are because they know how to look like average joe.
But in fact they are not !!

So people stop this foolish thinking like btc has made by some free thinkers .... the whole crypto currency is made by goverment and its fully supported by the goverment.
And identy scams happening only for one reasons... to make you proof your identy even more !!

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
September 21, 2018, 11:57:58 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

I hope the KYC for exchanges and ICO's that I joined were safe. Some bounties do KYC as well.
Be careful with your personal data everyone!
KYC for exchange has been common now for those well known businesses they needed to implement rules and for us to use their platform we needed to comply, but for ICO's and bounties we should think wiser and always be in our safe positions as many projects are been scamming lately its needed to be
more careful proving personal information.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
September 21, 2018, 11:51:51 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 
Sure, companies shouldn't use your ID without permission but what exactly can they do with this information and how it can harm you?
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
September 21, 2018, 11:47:20 AM
Indeed, many people give their personal data into the hands of scammers and the worst and funny thing is that it happens even in order to take part in the airdrop company.
Activity: 182
Merit: 3
September 20, 2018, 11:48:11 AM
Kyc not needed !!
Thats it end of the talk
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
September 20, 2018, 11:19:03 AM
for me
this is not a scam because we know that before you can make KYC you need the requirments such as valid IDs and proof of payment. if you're a scam it's not true that people just made the scam for you to fall victim to.
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
September 20, 2018, 10:57:25 AM

I hope the KYC for exchanges and ICO's that I joined were safe. Some bounties do KYC as well.
Be careful with your personal data everyone!
Activity: 744
Merit: 10
Syntrum.com
September 20, 2018, 10:51:43 AM
I never gave my identity for airdrop.but this is confusing, we are obliged to fill out the KYC forms on the exchanges and ICO projects, there is no problem if they maintain our identity safely and they do not abuse our identity.
Activity: 248
September 20, 2018, 10:30:32 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in.  

Yeah I agree.They having a lot of information to us.And we know if they controlled on it.This is really unsafety move abput KYC infact for the last years they never impl3mented it.
Activity: 336
September 13, 2018, 03:35:07 PM
Everyone who is afraid of giving their data can not participate in companies where there is KYC, of course there are no guarantees that the company will not use your personal data
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
September 13, 2018, 03:16:29 PM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in.  

This is only going to get even more common as time passes, the greed of the people is going to make them to send those documents to people that they do not really know, this is why I am never going to participate in a project that ask for my information, not only because I care about my privacy but because there are so many scams going on in the forum and in this market that it is very difficult to distinguish which project is real in which project is a scam.
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
September 13, 2018, 03:07:18 PM

But what can do with your identity cards or proof of addresses? I think that it is really hard to abuse it. Especially when it is a criminal offense to use someone else identity cards...
Activity: 352
Merit: 1
September 13, 2018, 03:05:17 PM

Thanks for the information. Although I have done some kyc verification for some project in the past, but I am not willing to reveal my real identity again especially when I just got informed of how people are using fake/Photoshop IDs to get pass kyc verification.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
September 13, 2018, 02:46:17 PM
You are right there are a lot of scams that's why we really need to research the project before to be sure
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
September 13, 2018, 02:43:45 PM

I agree with you. I hate that kind of things like submitting my ID to strangers. That's why Ruby-X's users don't need to show their privacy. KYC is only needed when users want to withdraw more than 20 ETH. even bounty campaign participants dont need KYC Smiley

I think due to the fact that governments are forbidding their citizens to invest in ICOs, the projects force the user to KYC. However, I only agree if the bounty hunter can earn from $ 1000 or more must KYC
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
September 13, 2018, 01:30:35 PM
Unfortunately, there are a lot of campaigns that need to go through кyc - scam projects. Earlier this was not the case, the bunch demanded few projects and was sure that these projects are worthy of attention, now everything has changed and the bunch does not mean anything.
If you are a major investor then you need to get accredited. For others, this rule does not work. Fears are premature. This is a black PR
Activity: 106
Merit: 28
September 13, 2018, 05:27:40 AM
I think people that apply for KYC are becoming smart too they use fakes id to pass this verification. They use fake names when they have a selfie or fake passport id but still they will still see your face in the selfie.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 13, 2018, 05:12:31 AM
I send mine I examine every member of the ICO team if all of them was legitimate. My examining is not as good but I guarantee high chance that my identity is safe. Maybe I'm just lucky sending my identity to trusted ICOs but it doesn't mean that I'm in safe hands all the time. If you think that the ICO is shady or sketchy try sample IDs online just to troll them. If you got trolled for a scam ICO then just troll them back for vengeance, karma is always there.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1340
September 13, 2018, 05:08:07 AM
Unfortunately, there are a lot of campaigns that need to go through кyc - scam projects. Earlier this was not the case, the bunch demanded few projects and was sure that these projects are worthy of attention, now everything has changed and the bunch does not mean anything.
Activity: 574
September 13, 2018, 04:44:00 AM
This is a very good advice for us. To date, the project that uses the KYC certainly has my checks resetting. If the project is just a little to give me in return for sure I wouldn't do the charging KYC. And this time many projects had already been providing information from the beginning to use the procedure of KYC or not. So we can choose the project without having to use KYC procedures.
Pages:
Jump to: