Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good? - page 27. (Read 2893 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 5
September 28, 2018, 07:35:54 PM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
To me its a big risk the only KYC I trust is that of crypto exchanges though knowing your customers is very important in other to secure your company for fraud and security reasons. We have to be very careful most especially when it comes to airdrop issues because to my observation most of this Airdrop are not legit so avoid giving out your documents unnecessarily .
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
September 28, 2018, 07:31:02 PM
I generally have a negative attitude to KYC and I think that this is a bad decision. especially when such a large number of scams
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
September 28, 2018, 07:26:15 PM
You're not totally wrong,  but I see reasons with them.
I think they do it just to curb the greedy ones that does multiple accounts.
Activity: 340
Merit: 100
September 28, 2018, 07:18:48 PM
Its not worth it to give your personal info thru KYC to any airdrops that gives only a small amount. Your info might be leaked and stole by others. Projects thats needed KYC should be done if their tokens/coins is available on the market. If they want to eliminate multiple accounts use KYC when the product is ready to use.
It will be like give our information for free for projects that are not clear and even for a few dollars. Yeah, KYC should be used for something that have their product started, not for something nor claiming an airdrop token. It's not worth.
Activity: 246
September 28, 2018, 07:13:24 PM
KYC for airdrops is not good because some airdrops has no value. Not deserve for our personal information. I never join in airdrops who has a KYC requirements. Maybe they can use your information to scam. It's not good for us.
Activity: 364
September 28, 2018, 07:11:30 PM
Its not worth it to give your personal info thru KYC to any airdrops that gives only a small amount. Your info might be leaked and stole by others. Projects thats needed KYC should be done if their tokens/coins is available on the market. If they want to eliminate multiple accounts use KYC when the product is ready to use.
Activity: 644
September 28, 2018, 07:09:18 PM
Always we have to consider more before submitting KYC for any activity,even for buying tokens from ICOs. Submitting KYC, even of the rewards are less,it's no problem if project is trusted and promising project. I think there are some platforms that asked KYC for out account and after that we can participate Airdrops that launch on that platform.
copper member
Activity: 308
Merit: 0
September 28, 2018, 07:03:11 PM
It depends on the ICO because of some ICO prohibited for some countries for a reason so it's fair to ask KYC before airdrop registration nut the dark side is nowadays there are so many scam airdrops to steal your KYC data so try to find and avoid from those airdrop campaigns.
Activity: 658
Catena X
September 28, 2018, 06:38:33 PM
Before submitting the KYC for airdrop, I will definitely think about is this profitable if I send my document for that amount of reward? If now, I absolutely will not sent or fulfil any kind of KYC for the airdrop. Airdrop as we know, commonly only offers the small reward. It is very different with the airdrops that are offered last year.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
September 28, 2018, 06:24:57 PM
This really baffles me when you do KYC for just airdrops which is meant to be free tokens given to the participants.
Activity: 644
September 28, 2018, 05:58:47 PM
First, I believe that projects that require KYC for bounty hunters should report this right away. When you announce it at the end it is always alarming. But I have had such projects, which I trusted and without doubt passed this procedure.
in fact, if you immediately understand the account of the provision of personal data and for what it is, then proceeding from this for hunters for the Bounty there is no point in doing this. members of the Bounty do not buy coins, but earn.
Activity: 798
September 28, 2018, 05:36:47 PM
First, I believe that projects that require KYC for bounty hunters should report this right away. When you announce it at the end it is always alarming. But I have had such projects, which I trusted and without doubt passed this procedure.
Activity: 150
Merit: 6
September 28, 2018, 05:35:09 PM
Hi there

No it isnt and no it wont ever be good for airsrops and bounties! First of all its know your customer, wich in fact you arent if you participate in a free give aways known as a airdrop. For bounties the same, you aint a customer if you do a certain "job" for it, its ridiculous and it never should be done this way. For me every airdrop or bounty that comes with a KYC after the participation is scam for me. They are only here for fraud. These projects dont need your info to do there thing so why would you ask for it?

Try to use sites that are hogly recommended by other airdroppers or bountyhunters, and you will find less kyc or its announcend at the beginning wich is fair imo.

Greetings! Cool
Activity: 560
September 28, 2018, 05:19:01 PM
I would completely disagreee with you. I think it is finest way to get to know if person is real. There is also like scams of projects ,many people trying to getting others infos and most of them get the job done. So it is really good think when it comes to security measures.
Also i suggest to get KYC involved in doing campaigns for that kind of interest that are people interested.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
September 28, 2018, 05:15:51 PM
if it's for the security of the members that join, I think that's good because with it we can reduce the cheating. but we also have to be more careful in collecting our personal data for a project. don't let our personal data be misused for deviant matters.
Activity: 313
September 28, 2018, 05:13:41 PM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
I don't appreciate it when airdrops that has no value still demands that participants should go ahead with kyc procedure. It was understandable the time airdrop participation was still profitable but not now when majority of them are just scam. I no longer waste my precious time with airdrops let alone their kyc requirements.
Activity: 276
September 28, 2018, 05:00:57 PM

My honest opinion is that it's just not worth it! I  mean, airdrops give just  a  few dollars if  legit at all... Risking exposure of your very personal details because of just a few dollars is not logical in every sense of the word... Kyc should be necessary only for huge investments in ICOs
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
September 28, 2018, 04:52:51 PM

KYC for airdrops? This world has gone mad. Who will do it in their right mind. Your data will be stolen for use with other purposes.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 6
September 28, 2018, 04:50:06 PM
I agree with TC. It's a really bad idea to send out documents for getting trivia from the airdrops. Even for bounty, such actions are not always justified. Therefore, be vigilant and careful. Do not send photos of your documents to anyone.
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
September 28, 2018, 04:48:15 PM
I don't think it's a bad thing to produce (as long as it's legit), however, you can apparently buy ID - quite cheaply and easily get around this.

I read on one bounty that over 15,000 scammers had joined an airdrop and I think (if I recall correctly), this amounted to around $110,000!! They found them I hasten to add!

A lot of the time it's a network of crooks who I've personally seen, join a bounty or airdrop and try to scam it for all it's worth.  

One good thing - I think better than KYC, is to charge people to receive their airdrop. Parkres did this - around 13 cents. Fine if you are not scamming, but imagine the cost if you want to receive your airdrop for 15,000 false entries.

Pages:
Jump to: