Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good? - page 29. (Read 2893 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 250
September 28, 2018, 11:55:31 AM
I feel that KYC is not good for airdrops as most airdrop coins have very low value but KYC is acceptable in bounties which ask for them and mentioned it at the time of joining of bounty. If you are willing to give your KYC, then you can join otherwise leave that.
Activity: 242
Merit: 10
September 28, 2018, 11:52:17 AM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.

KYC which is patterned from banking institution is created to protect its investors. The objective of this security protocol is good. But what I observed this is being exploited by some crypto project to collect information from its investors. I really wish that this method of identification and requirements would really serves its purpose.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
September 28, 2018, 11:44:04 AM
Are we being asked to do KYC for airdrops too? I am yet to see that airdrop. Even if i see it i will not be part of it. If can manage to do KYC for bounty that of airdrop i will not do it. Majority of this airdrops are scam and will always use your information for any malicious tendencies. I do not understand why somebody that is not investing in a project will be asked to do KYC. we are only selling their information to the their would be customers for patronage. It is not right in my own understanding.
Activity: 798
Merit: 109
https://bmy.guide
September 28, 2018, 11:40:17 AM
For me, I don't like even signing the form in airdrop because I know airdrop as of now is nothing. How much more airdrop having KYC I think that is not fair to us as a bounty hunter. Even bounty project that having KYC usually I didn't participate with it.
I have noticed now that airdrop is just like the nonsense thing it not worth it compared last year.
Activity: 147
September 28, 2018, 11:36:30 AM
I don't recommend filling Kyc for airdrop, you don't give your identity for something that isn't worth it. besides that there are many airdrops that are scam.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
September 28, 2018, 11:24:40 AM
KYC is not a good choice for airdrop participants because people develop blockchain and improved dashboard to increase privacy of members involved , also history tells most of successful airdrops completed with precondition to bitcointalk community .  So Any airdrop require KYC will be failed one.
Activity: 406
Merit: 12
September 28, 2018, 11:21:23 AM
The idea behind KYC may seem counterintuitive at first glance. On the one hand, KYC regulations undermine one of the key principles of the crypto world  anonymity. On the other hand, they ensure transparency of transactions, and this is the most important thing.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
September 28, 2018, 11:19:55 AM
In our time now, data is a weapon. Any data when processed becomes information, and information can be used for all sorts of things. Now if you think that your personal indentification is only worth 5$ in tokens, you're out of your mind.
Activity: 700
Merit: 101
BBOD Trading Platform
September 28, 2018, 11:19:19 AM
KYC is a bit difficult for airdrops participants, with little benefit we have to send personal data to teams that we don't know, but it has become a regulation made by DEV, whether we want it or not we must follow it
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
September 28, 2018, 11:18:11 AM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
with the system requires KYC I tend to worry about misusing our data for other purposes out there but the good side is to reduce multi-account in one ICO or airdrop project. we must be wiser to see projects that are clearly prospects and profitable so that they are not in vain because of the KYC system, because there have been too many fraudulent projects.

Activity: 322
September 28, 2018, 11:16:33 AM
Jaka, in my opinion, this kyc is not suitable for Airdrop because it will make people lazy to register the account that they have to the Airdrop because there are fairly difficult requirements, namely charging kyc
Activity: 910
Merit: 103
September 28, 2018, 11:13:37 AM
KYC is best for project, but not for all of us, I'm agree kyc just for high amount investor, I've no idea why some of bounty campaign and just a few bucks airdrop also need to pass kyc, so I'll choose not to join airdrop or airdrop with kyc, they just want to collect our sensitive information
Activity: 1079
Merit: 352
September 28, 2018, 11:08:07 AM
I think yes
because we know KYC's safe use because we know before you can make KYC lots of valid IDs. so do not worry about giving the wallet address because hackers can not open it.

wait what? did you say that it's safe to send KYC to some random ICO? An airdrop usually to gather attention like some sort of ads and it's for a new emerging ICO, do you want to gamble your identity for a chance to score 5$? , I'm not saying that airdrop was bad but the requirement is ridiculous
As many stated before above, it's not worth it for an airdrop. Maybe if you participate in some ICO and they need it for regulation.
Activity: 91
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
September 28, 2018, 11:05:21 AM
Yes, it really is not worth it. I think that the airdrop brings very little bonus to the bounty hunters but they demand too high. Those who participate in the program must cheat to have more money than they deserve.
Activity: 868
Merit: 106
September 28, 2018, 11:04:57 AM
I rarely follow the airdrop, but I almost lost my wallet, so I never aired again. moreover the rewards are very few, but in accordance with the work, especially only limited to working at Telegram.
Activity: 434
September 28, 2018, 11:03:54 AM
I think KYC for airdrop isn't good because let's just say it's a free token but if it's for the bounty campaign it feels pretty good because we participated in the promotion of the project
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
September 28, 2018, 11:03:49 AM

Hi there, in my opinion it depends on the project. For exemple i had no worries doing KYC with Dfinity i had no hesitation. But with less than 35-50$ i would recommand not to go through KYC. Especially if the project is unknown, no way to be trusted.

Don't forget guys that you are giving your personnal informations and they might be used to steal your identity or recover some passwords. Think about it twice before filling a KYC.
I totally agree although I am doing it carelessly before but now I am more careful with my information. There are projects that needs KYC which are good and worth it but to find one, we must learn more about the project and the management. It's hard to afford losing our personal information in the digital world, it's too vast to contain.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
September 28, 2018, 11:03:32 AM
For a few airdrops  i will not give my id information. You will never know what they do with your ID
Also there are too many security issues on storing KYC informations. They will be legit but they can get hacked too.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
September 28, 2018, 11:02:02 AM
I don't see anything good in KYC, let alone even using it in airdrops where one is not even sure if it will ever be a reasonable coin. It is totally bad requiring it in airdrops.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
September 28, 2018, 11:00:15 AM
If KYC for airdrop is not mandatory, it looks like it will be more comfortable if you don't give or skip. Personal data will be dangerous if used incorrectly by someone who is not responsible. My opinion is only intended to anticipate things that don't happen or misuse of data. Although on one side KYC also includes the importance of recognizing someone who will participate in a project.
Pages:
Jump to: