Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good? - page 25. (Read 2893 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 13
September 30, 2018, 09:58:12 AM
Yes, in my opinion, since the project has KYC, it will be a more secure project with KYC limiting the number of participants. I think KYC is absolutely right and good for the participant

You are right that KYC( know your customer ) helps limit the number of participants in Ann Airdrop program
But facts still remain that kyc Airdrop are mostly worthless tokens that worth only as much as 5$ and endangers profiles of over a million people that does kyc

Reports and rumours has it that such information are sold on black market
Should we really endanger our image because of  miry Airdrop project token worth so cheap ?
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
September 30, 2018, 09:57:13 AM
I think airdrops are good with kyc to get rid of and give chance to other bounty hunter who want to airdrops and earn just kyc's purpose in the bounty to further strengthen security and to bounty huns who use mutiple account but not everyone with kyc in the bounty is legit the other scam also so be careful of joining in to other bounty.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
September 30, 2018, 09:39:16 AM
Of course, this is very bad, because today there are so many options for how difficult it is, because today people do not understand the magnitude of the threat that your data can bring on the network, do you understand that this data is not protected at all?
Activity: 237
Merit: 10
September 29, 2018, 12:49:40 PM
As we all know most airdrops in these days are scams, so if you will give your documents to scammers you can imagine what will happen.
Activity: 322
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
September 29, 2018, 05:35:45 AM
Yes, in my opinion, since the project has KYC, it will be a more secure project with KYC limiting the number of participants. I think KYC is absolutely right and good for the participant
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
September 29, 2018, 05:21:13 AM
It's really not fair to give your personal info/id's for airdrops.

They might use your data in a wrong way and will sell it to other ICOs. It's now a business for them that revolves and their projects are even  scam so don't fall for it. A lot of airdroppers here are not thinking on how valuable their identities are.
Activity: 910
September 29, 2018, 05:17:30 AM
KYC (Know your customer) for airdrops token are scams, they pivot out the private information of several participants and offer them tokens that are worthless when listed on exchanges.
Funny enough, most of the projects becomes desolate (failed project) and what happens to kyc data's gotten ?? they are most probably sold on black markets to unknown buyers across the world.
Lets be smart and avoid unwarranted KYC.

I also think the same thing, what happens to our data when an ICO project fails? this is obviously very dangerous, there is no certainty about the security of our data. I think that no matter how much a bounty airdrop can provide profit, the data you provide is not worth the money. I will only provide data for the purposes of KYC, for projects that have a clear enough reason, such as government requirements, and those responsible for the project can be trusted.
if it's just for airdrop it's better not to verify KYC because it is very risky, especially now that most airdrop ends with a scam so think twice if you have to verify KYC to join in an airdrop.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
September 29, 2018, 05:11:16 AM
KYC (Know your customer) for airdrops token are scams, they pivot out the private information of several participants and offer them tokens that are worthless when listed on exchanges.
Funny enough, most of the projects becomes desolate (failed project) and what happens to kyc data's gotten ?? they are most probably sold on black markets to unknown buyers across the world.
Lets be smart and avoid unwarranted KYC.

I also think the same thing, what happens to our data when an ICO project fails? this is obviously very dangerous, there is no certainty about the security of our data. I think that no matter how much a bounty airdrop can provide profit, the data you provide is not worth the money. I will only provide data for the purposes of KYC, for projects that have a clear enough reason, such as government requirements, and those responsible for the project can be trusted.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1340
September 29, 2018, 05:00:54 AM
There is still no good system of protection against scam programs, and to give out their personal data n alno and on the right is very bad.Thieves can use your personal information and harm you.
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
September 29, 2018, 04:56:28 AM
hell no, you shouldn't give your personal data to a scam ico just to get a 5% chance of earning some tokens worth 5$ at best
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
September 29, 2018, 04:51:27 AM
KYC for Airdrop is a scam. If they had asked KYC for ICO investment then i can understand but for Airdrop and bounty i ill show a red flag. what these scammers do is that they create a fake token and they will start to airdrop and asks for KYC and as soon as they have date they will sell it to thieves.
Activity: 392
September 29, 2018, 04:44:38 AM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
I recommend avoiding these projects. This is a ridiculous requirement, the purpose of which is only the collection of information for sale to third parties.
Activity: 302
September 29, 2018, 04:44:19 AM
I believe that this is the most stupid requirement. If a person does a service for you, then you should not require personal information from him. This is necessary only for investors who can launder money in this way, but not for hunters.
Activity: 854
Merit: 12
arcs-chain.com
September 29, 2018, 04:39:22 AM
Well, KYC on airdrops or giveaways tells me only one thing: SCAM - they will surely be selling the data !
There are several reasons why I think there is no need for KYC on bounties and airdrops, and several more why I think we shouldn't do it.
Some projects disrespect hunters so much that they only inform about KYC at the end.... so when I join any project I always ask first... I've even had a case where a supposedly privacy coin asked for KYC...

There is no money involved and the token/coin quantities are relatively low for bounties and airdrops, so there is no clear need to KYC on these cases...

On the other hand I am amazed with the amount of hunters that share their ID around on dozens of projects... people might not know the importance of an ID and what you can do with it... with all the cybersecurity problems the world is facing today it is amazing that people do this...

cheers

Activity: 826
Merit: 250
September 29, 2018, 04:23:59 AM
I think the program For using the KYC was very not worth it. Because now you can see that a lot of the Airdrop program scam and some token Airdrop has no selling price. And if a program like this to use KYC I think is very risky and could make many people experience losses.
Activity: 378
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
September 29, 2018, 03:49:01 AM
no, because I don't think it's appropriate to use KYC for airdrop, this is because we only help promote the ICO so we don't need to fill KYC to get airdrop, except we as investors in the ICO.
Activity: 574
September 29, 2018, 03:36:18 AM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.

Its true mate never fall for this KYC required airdrops because not just because of scamming,but a chance of being a victim of Hacking or may used your data for other connections from illegal or criminality.and I don’t know why needed to bring complete details for just an airdrops?This not even fits the essence of crypto community of decentralization and anonymity.so better get away of these guys because for security measures

There is no legal reasons to do kyc without investors, so you would have to wonder why would they want your personal information.
yes, our personal data is very valuable, therefore when there is an airdrop program that asks for our personal data we should refuse or stay away from it so that we avoid things we don't want.
Activity: 604
Merit: 252
September 29, 2018, 03:24:17 AM
People should be careful with KYC about airdrops because just because they are free projects, they should not require anything other than distribution! They could at least do some ninja launch if they want fewer people or require some rankings but never people's information, that's dangerous.
Activity: 243
September 29, 2018, 03:23:13 AM
i will not join any airdrop that requires kyc , there are alot fake airdrop and those scammers will take advantage of that to steel our credentials and personal ids. And besides only few projects nowadays give an ample amount of airdrop the rest are either stealing our identity or just a waste of time.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
September 29, 2018, 03:18:08 AM
First of all, airdrops are becoming traps to get KYC details these days. If you guys dont know then selling your details is a trend which is going on these days. Provide KYC only if it is valuable.
Pages:
Jump to: