Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 112. (Read 1079974 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Ukyo is currently operating legally in his jurisdiction as well.

Can you point me towards your source?  As far as I know we don't know where Ukyo lives... Where he is incorporated is immaterial.
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
https://satoshibet.com
what I don't get is that if there won't be any trading soon, and there is no new exchange, how does one retain ownership of the shares?  how do we know there will even be a new exchange at this point?

Labcoin and Swede keep mentioning Bitfunder, but we have yet to see an official announcement from Ukyo or labcoin

yes but say i don't have an account there, or it doesn't get all set up before btct closes....  do we just lose our shares?  do divs continue going to our last known payout address? i am wondering how a share will go from one exchange to the other while remaining mine....  i'm sure nobody will have an answer to that until (if) the official announcement is made.

If Labcoin gets approved and moves to Bitfunder, then yes you might not be eligible for dividends if you choose to not open an account with Bitfunder.
If on the other hand they don't get approved then I imagine they'll operate as a dividend producing private stock. The larger shareholders can operate passthrough shares on exchanges, presuming that there is approval to get them listed.

I for one really hope Ukyo does not accept Labcoin, too much collateral damage potential
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
what I don't get is that if there won't be any trading soon, and there is no new exchange, how does one retain ownership of the shares?  how do we know there will even be a new exchange at this point?

Labcoin and Swede keep mentioning Bitfunder, but we have yet to see an official announcement from Ukyo or labcoin

yes but say i don't have an account there, or it doesn't get all set up before btct closes....  do we just lose our shares?  do divs continue going to our last known payout address? i am wondering how a share will go from one exchange to the other while remaining mine....  i'm sure nobody will have an answer to that until (if) the official announcement is made.

If Labcoin gets approved and moves to Bitfunder, then yes you might not be eligible for dividends if you choose to not open an account with Bitfunder.
If on the other hand they don't get approved then I imagine they'll operate as a dividend producing private stock. The larger shareholders can operate passthrough shares on exchanges, presuming that there is approval to get them listed.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

E wry thing is on hold with bitfunder takin on new securities until next week, I believe he mentioned he is waiting on legal advice

If Ukyo is seeking legal opinion then you can almost bank one one of these three possible outcomes:
1) He will start following AML/KYC laws which means everyone will be required to register and prove identity.  This will be a huge management overhead and not very likely to occur.
2) He will physically move to a country more condusive to this sort of thing.  Unlikely as he already admitted that the site profits were lower than the amount he has spent on lawyers.
3) He will follow burnside's lead and close up shop. Most likely scenario IMO  That leaves 796 and Havelock which are currently operating legally in their jurisdiction.

Ukyo is currently operating legally in his jurisdiction as well.
legendary
Activity: 994

E wry thing is on hold with bitfunder takin on new securities until next week, I believe he mentioned he is waiting on legal advice

If Ukyo is seeking legal opinion then you can almost bank one one of these three possible outcomes:
1) He will start following AML/KYC laws which means everyone will be required to register and prove identity.  This will be a huge management overhead and not very likely to occur.
2) He will physically move to a country more condusive to this sort of thing.  Unlikely as he already admitted that the site profits were lower than the amount he has spent on lawyers.
3) He will follow burnside's lead and close up shop. Most likely scenario IMO  That leaves 796 and Havelock which are currently operating legally in their jurisdiction.
Activity: 308
No power in the 'verse can stop me.

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Activity: 210
Only time will tell, I stick to my plan right or wrong. I can afford to lose what I have invested, these are simple investing techniques, different to some people but I now others follow the same route. Nothing has been proven apart from roughly 700gh hashing last week, I'm believing hardware issues, call me a fool all you want.
*I think* you're being foolish.

I think i am right, the big question is would you miss 1btc ? would you be pissed off at missing out on a 25btc return. I know if I got out and these guys get their shit together I would kick myself much more than losing a few K.

You should buy lottery tickets.
Each time you don't buy one, you're missing out on a chance to win a million bucks.  And how much will you miss a single dollar, anyway?
Or do you kick yourself for not scoring lottery tickets?
Activity: 308
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
the address that they are mining to has had some rather large deposits today. Check it out, maybe this is good news?

The last of those payments can be traced to here: https://blockchain.info/pt/address/14cZMQk89mRYQkDEj8Rn25AnGoBi5H6uer

Is that Italian? Seems Like Alessia Tatti, is pumping deposits into the account, with fake scam payments.

It's portuquese, so someone is pumping bullshit payments into their account.

Really? Are you that stupid? That URL points to the portuguese translation because I'm portuguese!

Anyway, does anyone knows from witch pool the address is?

It's from BTC Guild

Thanks.
legendary
Only time will tell, I stick to my plan right or wrong. I can afford to lose what I have invested, these are simple investing techniques, different to some people but I now others follow the same route. Nothing has been proven apart from roughly 700gh hashing last week, I'm believing hardware issues, call me a fool all you want.

I think i am right, the big question is would you miss 1btc ? would you be pissed off at missing out on a 25btc return. I know if I got out and these guys get their shit together I would kick myself much more than losing a few K.
Activity: 146
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
the address that they are mining to has had some rather large deposits today. Check it out, maybe this is good news?

The last of those payments can be traced to here: https://blockchain.info/pt/address/14cZMQk89mRYQkDEj8Rn25AnGoBi5H6uer

Is that Italian? Seems Like Alessia Tatti, is pumping deposits into the account, with fake scam payments.

Really? Are you that stupid? That URL points to the portuguese translation because I'm portuguese!

It's from BTC Guild
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
myBitcoin.Garden
Argue all you want folks although it really is getting tedious. 

At the end of the day we all have an opinion on this and my opinion is that this is not a scam, just a company who have made some bad choices and need to set things right.  It really is that simple.
KS
Activity: 448
This is why scams work and always will, the exact attitudes and rationalization you display

It's not a scam, if this is how they plan and orchestrate a scam then I struggle to see how they can walk and breathe at the same time. I could get my kids together with some crayons and they would be able to come together with a more masterful scam, hell they would of just sold the IPO as an auction and taken the 4x oversubscribed bids at top value taken 4 x the coins and the played the stock up and down.

They have hardware issues and they are being resolved by outsourcing.

The rationalization is strong with you. There is no actual proof, only their word for it (and it hasn't proven very reliable).
KS
Activity: 448
I can afford it and will admit I am wrong if it fails, what will you do when LC reaches its ATH in the next month?

No trading on BTCT.co after the 7th and no new exchange (yet). ATL is more likely on 6/10.

We should agree to disagree. Only time will tell

I'm not NOT agreeing with you, but I find the facts are stacked against the outcome you describe. If indeed they reach ATH next month, I will be really sorry to have sold.

(well, technically, I have put some low low bids, just in case - play money for the younglings in the room that would think it is actually a good idea, because it actually is not, it's called gambling and you can become addicted and it's very bad)

100% this isn't a dead cert, but the risk/reward is right FOR ME, was at ipo was at 3x ipo and is now. Luckily my average cost is 1/2 IPO now, so the upside is huge. The downside I can afford to lose it all, people always see things in different ways, I'm not saying my way is right for everyone but it works for me win or lose I've made a decision and I'm sticking to it.

Look at holding BTC, huge swings plenty on non believers, but anyone who has held for a year has made money, the majority has made a lot of fiat. Not apples for apples,but you get my drift

Averaging down is even more risky at this point. Take your losses and buy back on certainty. It's better to buy in an upswing with 100% certainty that they're legit than buying in a downswing without that certainty.

This way you can recoup some of your investments FOR SURE.
legendary
This is why scams work and always will, the exact attitudes and rationalization you display

It's not a scam, if this is how they plan and orchestrate a scam then I struggle to see how they can walk and breathe at the same time. I could get my kids together with some crayons and they would be able to come together with a more masterful scam, hell they would of just sold the IPO as an auction and taken the 4x oversubscribed bids at top value taken 4 x the coins and the played the stock up and down.

They have hardware issues and they are being resolved by outsourcing.
Jump to: