Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 566. (Read 1079974 times)

legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
Calm down.  Whether or not they babysit the thread is completely irrelevant to how much money they make.

I don't think Labcoin is a scam with vaporware chips like some people - but I'd like to see the share price go up, which would be more likely to happen if they hash in a verifiable way. Like, how difficult would it be to say "Any coins mined will be sent to address 1LABCOINa35LKJgakl..." or whatever.

Unfortunately, it does look shady. It's the kind of thing someone would do if they wanted to ripoff their shareholders.

Exactly right. This is entirely my point.

Yep, the reason I sold a majority of my position off. If I am going to be a bag holder, I would like it to be a small bag.
N_S
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Calm down.  Whether or not they babysit the thread is completely irrelevant to how much money they make.

I don't think Labcoin is a scam with vaporware chips like some people - but I'd like to see the share price go up, which would be more likely to happen if they hash in a verifiable way. Like, how difficult would it be to say "Any coins mined will be sent to address 1LABCOINa35LKJgakl..." or whatever.

Unfortunately, it does look shady. It's the kind of thing someone would do if they wanted to ripoff their shareholders.

Exactly right. This is entirely my point.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Another day and Labcoin refuse to back up claims. Plenty of time to 'coordinate' with the worldwide team. Freaking ridiculous..

It is truly unbelievable. Every single chip-producing operation (aside from AM) just can't do PR. Period. Just can't do it. Can't provide exposure, transparency, timely updates, or anything that resembles communication.

When the fuck is someone going to produce a competitive chip and have someone on the forums giving updates? This is apparently impossible.

It doesn't matter if there's nothing ground-breaking. People want reassurance. Use the fucking keyboard and type some shit. Jesus Christ.

Engineers are legendary for poor social skills
legendary
Involving Sparmann in their project proves that labcoin management *IS* capable of making a good decision at least part of the time. At least it works for me.

Labcoin The Seven
August 8, 2013 By bcoinnews Leave a Comment
IRC conversation with [7] from FPGAmining
You are TheSeven from Fpgamining correct?
<[7]> yes
i.e.(Labcoin) they are actually developing something?
<[7]> I can’t really comment on that because I wasn’t involved in the development of them besides giving them some general hints what can be optimized etc.
<[7]> i’m mostly involved with the second generation chips
65nm chips?
<[7]> yes, they are actually developing something, definitely. I just can’t comment on how successful it will be
Thank you. I will ask your permission to post this up.
<[7]> yes, from what i know that second generation will be 65nm, although we could technically still switch to something else at this stage
ok, Thank you for your time.

http://bcoinnews.com/2013/08/08/labcoin-the-seven/

Old news, blah blah. No blocks, that is a problem.
Another day and Labcoin refuse to back up claims. Plenty of time to 'coordinate' with the worldwide team. Freaking ridiculous..

It is truly unbelievable. Every single chip-producing operation (aside from AM) just can't do PR. Period. Just can't do it. Can't provide exposure, transparency, timely updates, or anything that resembles communication.

When the fuck is someone going to produce a competitive chip and have someone on the forums giving updates? This is apparently impossible.

But, 1LZcEKMCFfg9ARpgw3jG3yZxAV5kPt8mM9 seems like a plausible destination for LC's first blocks.
Yes except coinbase contains "Mined by 175btc.com".

How do you view that?
Click the transaction link, and then look at the "Decoded" part after the Coinbase header. http://blockchain.info/tx/a23e16f3a80b4d62cc023ee0312e826572632fce8b0c8d10562957660b7d9616

Interesting.  You can see 'ghash.io' in the 1CjPR7Z5ZSyWk6WtXvSFgkptmpoi4UM9BC coins.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Involving Sparmann in their project proves that labcoin management *IS* capable of making a good decision at least part of the time. At least it works for me.

Labcoin The Seven
August 8, 2013 By bcoinnews Leave a Comment
IRC conversation with [7] from FPGAmining
You are TheSeven from Fpgamining correct?
<[7]> yes
i.e.(Labcoin) they are actually developing something?
<[7]> I can’t really comment on that because I wasn’t involved in the development of them besides giving them some general hints what can be optimized etc.
<[7]> i’m mostly involved with the second generation chips
65nm chips?
<[7]> yes, they are actually developing something, definitely. I just can’t comment on how successful it will be
Thank you. I will ask your permission to post this up.
<[7]> yes, from what i know that second generation will be 65nm, although we could technically still switch to something else at this stage
ok, Thank you for your time.

http://bcoinnews.com/2013/08/08/labcoin-the-seven/
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
Did someone checked with burnside if their shares are still intact?
legendary

It doesn't matter if there's nothing ground-breaking. People want reassurance. Use the fucking keyboard and type some shit. Jesus Christ.

People are getting nervous and selling. It's getting harder to hold Labcoin by the day. I sold more off this morning before the price tanks again.
Activity: 487
Merit: 500
Are You Shpongled?
But, 1LZcEKMCFfg9ARpgw3jG3yZxAV5kPt8mM9 seems like a plausible destination for LC's first blocks.

How do you view that?
Click the transaction link, and then look at the "Decoded" part after the Coinbase header. http://blockchain.info/tx/a23e16f3a80b4d62cc023ee0312e826572632fce8b0c8d10562957660b7d9616

How do you view that?
N_S

Activity: 275

but no, they are spread out around the world and currently traveling. don´t you trust their word? are you some type of paranoid conspiracy theorist tin foil hatter?
legendary
The pictures aren't that important - the real proof should be in the blockchain.

If they are solo mining, then statistically they should have found a block by now.  They could have found more, or they could have found none.

The IP address method isn't very reliable, in fact blockchain has actually changed some of the relay IP's for some of the blocks I was looking at earlier.  But, 1LZcEKMCFfg9ARpgw3jG3yZxAV5kPt8mM9 seems like a plausible destination for LC's first blocks.  They got coins from 2 blocks (they had showed up as relayed from the same IP, but now they're showing up as being from different IPs - in any event bitcoin is a p2p network so it's likely blockchain.info just got secondhand notification of those blocks)

You can see ghash.io's blocks come in, they all come from different IP's, but they send all their coins to 1CjPR7Z5ZSyWk6WtXvSFgkptmpoi4UM9BC

The most important information they should update us with is which blocks they've found so far - if they haven't found any they should really switch to pooled mining for now. Expecting shareholders to sit around waiting for a week or more for the first block (which could theoretically happen) is just ridiculous. The next diff change is only 685 blocks away.

Remember, ASICMiner started off doing pooled mining.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
I am actually sitting here with my google authenticator waiting and hoping for good news to buy.

I don´t think that will happen though. So then I will go all in on ActM.

(I have AM too)

I was doing the same but I have to pass this opportunity because of sleep. If news then good luck!
I am actually sitting here with my google authenticator waiting and hoping for good news to buy.

I don´t think that will happen though. So then I will go all in on ActM.

(I have AM too)
legendary
you´re a kook if you don´t trust them.

Quote from: google.com
Kook.
a crazy or eccentric person.

Calling people who don't trust Labcoin a crazy person?

I. Have. No. Words.

I am obviously kidding Wink

If you read my previous posts I have been highly skeptical and been called a lot of things for pointing this out.

Haha its a bit late for me. :p

Getting very slow....

Kook.

I. Have. No. Words.

I am obviously kidding Wink

If you read my previous posts I have been highly skeptical and been called a lot of things for pointing this out.
legendary

Kook.

I. Have. No. Words.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
My trust has its limits and >100 BTC is the limit atm.

EDIT: and I will not sell or buy before the next update of labcoin.
Jump to: