Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 564. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Anyway, there's 50.116.37.18, the first of which was relayed on 9/10 @ 11:46  (I assume UTC)

So far it's relayed 4 blocks.  The first three blocks had their rewards sent to: 18cSDzSuRa4BtfKNu4qAPfeiS57uC9kER4 and the most recent went too 1KP4Lr8t42MDHhE6asnp8jd7QdfMiWeawr

Oh, and if you do a reverse DNS lookup on 50.116.37.18, it's owned by linode.com, which as we know is Labcoin's hosting provider.

Is this our best bet at the moment that Labcoin is hashing? Since 50.116.37.18 is linked to linode.com it is our best assumption.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
This shit again? It'll be up in an hour again.

When someone is selling, someone is buying, so... yes as usual.
Activity: 252
This shit again? It'll be up in an hour again.
Activity: 378
I'm confused, there's a sell-off, the price is crashing but has there been an announcement yet?

This thread moves so fast it's hard to keep up.
Price hasn't really crashed, just dropped about a percent.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
I'm confused, there's a sell-off, the price is crashing but has there been an announcement yet?

Nothing is happening, bored people trying to buy shares @ best price with fear. As usual.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

No announcement, same old Labcoin FUD. No blocks, just empty promises. People are selling while there are still bids available.
Activity: 476

not yet, though I believe the clock is ticking down on their 48 hour promise.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
myBitcoin.Garden

They probably don't have their ASICs working yet and are just buying time.

+1

I think this is the most likely situation.  And this is completely understandable, roadblocks happen.  But, they've waited too long to inform us, and now, they just need tog et it working before posting news.
Activity: 378
They probably don't have their ASICs working yet and are just buying time.
Activity: 275
I warned you sell off was starting. Bids are gone.....

well, some idiot just bought 587 shares though Wink

The real issue for me is they said they'd update within 48 hours and that time is ticking down.

They can''t claim they don't know how important this update is, they've seen how weak support for the stock is.

So where's the update?
maybe they don't have anything to update.  at this point, if it's not good news, I hope they don't say anything, cause bad news will crash this thing fast.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
I warned you sell off was starting. Bids are gone.....
Activity: 420
another day, still no shares locked
I thought we confirmed through Burnside that their shares are locked.
Not locked, but at least 85% have not been sold. The promise was for 75% to be locked.

right, shares have not been locked, but no more than 15% have been sold.

but they do still have access to all the IPO funds (obviously)

Which is why the share locking was always a stupid worry.  There's no volume to sell off 3 million shares anyway.

HOWEVER

A promised update set on their own deadline has to happen, or we're in for a major price drop.

Not locked, but at least 85% have not been sold. The promise was for 75% to be locked.

but they do still have access to all the IPO funds (obviously)
another day, still no stamped blocks...
another day, still no signed mining address...
another day, still no explanation for solo mining...

another day, and the credibility continues to erode.

nope, just that they are still there.
Activity: 420
If I would speculate I would say that they figured that in 48h they will find a block. Surely. That will show'em, they thought. Only problem was they didn't find one  Grin

or maybe they are having problems keeping their hardware online or working. Or maybe just network problems.  There are a number of reasons why they couldn't get a block by now.

BUT, the real issue is that we don't know if they are really hashing.

The real issue for me is they said they'd update within 48 hours and that time is ticking down.

They can''t claim they don't know how important this update is, they've seen how weak support for the stock is.

So where's the update?
Activity: 350
Another day and Labcoin refuse to back up claims. Plenty of time to 'coordinate' with the worldwide team. Freaking ridiculous..

It is truly unbelievable. Every single chip-producing operation (aside from AM) just can't do PR. Period. Just can't do it. Can't provide exposure, transparency, timely updates, or anything that resembles communication.

When the fuck is someone going to produce a competitive chip and have someone on the forums giving updates? This is apparently impossible.

It doesn't matter if there's nothing ground-breaking. People want reassurance. Use the fucking keyboard and type some shit. Jesus Christ.

+1 I agree. This is just ridiculous. Do they not see any urgency in building trust and credibility or do they not care?

Jump to: