Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 664. (Read 1079974 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Right, but I'm talking about those specific 948k shares in that portfolio.  Those shares aren't actually worth anything, they're not "real" shares that earn dividends, as far as I can tell. "regular" BASIC-MINING shares are worth something.

It would be nice if crypto-exchanges used standard terminology.  Allocated shares vs issued shares.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
I guess its fair to say that I'm a bit nervous about Labcoin; a result of having a lot invested and not getting any of the fundamental questions answered..

Did anyone figure out an explanation/theory to the following already? Quoting from the somewhat dated http://www.labcoin.com/presentation.html page, the initial road map was to have a 180nm chip with estimated ~250Mhash performance ready in August/September, and their second generation chip of 65nm at estimated 4-5 ghash at a later date... And from that they went to 130nm but with the same hash speed they targeted for the second generation chip?

I guess my gut feeling tells me that the chips will not perform even close to the 4ghash performance announced, however, it might still be profitable.. just not as profitable as projected..

The technology, version 1

Specifications:
Feature size : 180nm
Core voltage : 1.8V
I/O voltage : 3.3V
Core Frequency: 250 Mhz - vdd 1.8~1.85V
Number of Pads : 44
Package : LQFP or equivalent
Chip size : 5mm x 5mm
Power consumption (variable) : 1.4~1.8W
Hashing power (variable): 220~280 MH/second
I/O interface : USB / Serial
Estimated tape-out : Within the first half of July

The technology, version 2

Specifications:
Feature size : 65nm
Core voltage : n/a
I/O voltage : n/a
Core Frequency: n/a
Number of Pads : n/a
Package : n/a
Chip size : n/a
Power consumption (variable) : n/a
Hashing power (variable): estimated 4~5 GH/second
I/O interface : USB / Serial
Estimated tape-out : n/a
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
On BTC-TC what do the titles in each column header tabs mean? I think I understand most of them but not 100% sure about what Last means when it sais (down arrow) [email protected], and what score means, currently the Labcoin score is 8 (10/2)?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
He is the owner of bASIC-MINING  Cheesy

Right, I know that - I was responding to the people who were like "I've never seen so much money in my life" as if he really had 132k of BTC in that account.  At most, those basicmining shares are worth 152btc because that's how deep the entire order book is for bASIC mining shares. Realistically 148btc max.

That brings the total portfolio value to ~200Btc. But I don't think those bASIC mining shares are actually worth anything in that portfolio, I don't know.

basic mining has nearly 800BTC cash reserves + 1,4 TH/s asics (which is infinity times higher than Labcoin's hashrate Cheesy )

Right, but I'm talking about those specific 948k shares in that portfolio.  Those shares aren't actually worth anything, they're not "real" shares that earn dividends, as far as I can tell. "regular" BASIC-MINING shares are worth something.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Right, I know that - I was responding to the people who were like "I've never seen so much money in my life" as if he really had 132k of BTC in that account.  At most, those basicmining shares are worth 152btc because that's how deep the entire order book is for bASIC mining shares. Realistically 148btc max.

That brings the total portfolio value to ~200Btc. But I don't think those bASIC mining shares are actually worth anything in that portfolio, I don't know.

basic mining has nearly 800BTC cash reserves + 1,4 TH/s asics (which is infinity times higher than Labcoin's hashrate Cheesy )
He is the owner of bASIC-MINING  Cheesy

Right, I know that - I was responding to the people who were like "I've never seen so much money in my life" as if he really had 132k of BTC in that account.  At most, those basicmining shares are worth 152btc because that's how deep the entire order book is for bASIC mining shares. Realistically 148btc max.

Well, if his business really is worth that much, he will earn that eventually.

Well, right now the yield is 30%.  But in order to keep that up he'll have to keep up with network growth, which will be -- difficult.

It also doesn't look like those shares earn dividends. The last dividend was 0.00014681, and it was 7.5btc total, so only enough for the 51k shares actually on the market.

So yeah, those shares aren't 'real' shares, they don't get dividends, the company isn't actually going to be worth that much, it's only worth the value of the shares actually on the market.
Activity: 420
damnnnn, i missed those sell out

No you got sometime until the price takes off.

I'm close to giving up on hoping for a drop before they make the next announcement.

I don't think we're going to see meaningful movement until then.

The only question now is...are they on schedule or will they delay?
could be a silver lining as well, i just hope both labcoin and knc delivers

and im expecting the price to reach 38 when 10th september comes, before the hashing is to going to be announced

I expect some sort of announcement before hashing starts, something about how it's coming along.

If there isn't one, then the price will in fact drop.  People around here are antsy.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
and im expecting the price to reach 38 when 10th september comes, before the hashing is to going to be announced

38 btc per share equals 380,000,000 btc networth which equals 18 times the entire supply of bitcoins!

BUBBLE TIME!!11!!!
Activity: 378

I'm close to giving up on hoping for a drop before they make the next announcement.

38? You mean .038? or .0038?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Activity: 63

Huh?  He has 50 btc worth of Asicminer and 17 btc of labcoin. It says he has a 948,375k shares of bASIC-mining but there are only  51,625k shares in the exchange. I'm not sure what the deal with those are, unsold IPO shares or something.  They aren't actually worth 132k BTC.

There are only about 148Btc worth of serious bids on the order book, and 152 Btc total.  that's the max he could sell those self-shares for.

Well, if his business really is worth that much, he will earn that eventually.
Activity: 420

Activity: 68

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
Someone just bought ~18k shares, and brought the price back to 0.0037.

So much for the 'massive selloff' stevieioio was predicting.

Last week to buy shares before the price goes up (or down)
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
When creativex's stock is tanking you can bet he will be in other threads trying to spread some uncertainty.  Probably my least favorite security owner of them all.

Hey bud...check *THIS* out.

https://btct.co/portfolio/f8A1

This thread is crawling with trolls and cheerleaders. I'm neither, but I am a shareholder and I have some questions about what LC is doing. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

Wow I've never seen so much money in my life...

Huh?  He has 50 btc worth of Asicminer and 17 btc of labcoin. It says he has a 948,375k shares of bASIC-mining but there are only  51,625k shares in the exchange. I'm not sure what the deal with those are, unsold IPO shares or something.  They aren't actually worth 132k BTC.

There are only about 148Btc worth of serious bids on the order book, and 152 Btc total.  that's the max he could sell those self-shares for.

Someone just bought ~18k shares, and brought the price back to 0.0037.

So much for the 'massive selloff' stevieioio was predicting.
When creativex's stock is tanking you can bet he will be in other threads trying to spread some uncertainty.  Probably my least favorite security owner of them all.

Hey bud...check *THIS* out.

https://btct.co/portfolio/f8A1

This thread is crawling with trolls and cheerleaders. I'm neither, but I am a shareholder and I have some questions about what LC is doing. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

Wow I've never seen so much money in my life...

Activity: 63
You can buy ASICs from other companies, but you would never be able to get mining equipment at manufacturing cost. That's the point of investing in something like AM and Labcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
so just to confirm..

If labcoin brings online 50TH, with 10m shares that's 0.005 GH/share. With a share price doubled as you state, that means ~0.007/share, which translates to ~1.4BTC/GH

anyone know the price/GH of ASICMINER USB nowadays? isn't it 0.18BTC/GH (nearly 10 times cheaper than labcoin) shipping right this moment?

how long it takes to make a profit on ASICMINER USB these days  Grin Grin Roll Eyes

You're so fucking pathetic. Disgusting

what's wrong, you see any problem in this calculations?
any wrong statements made?

looks to me labcoin many times worse than purchasing ASICMINER USB sticks
which is already worse than just keeping money in poket and holding

Could you move to the Asicminer posts and ignore this plz?
He is ignored but quoting him made me see this!

Well Sissy, soon enough they will be perfect for ass dildos, nice 2 in 1 buy Wink
Jump to: