Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 806. (Read 1079974 times)

donator
Activity: 3228
Merit: 1226
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
But that doesn't really matter. If labcoin only manages to hold ONE percent of the network, then the current share price is nothing else than cheap as fuck.

Some numbers:
BASIC has a hashrate of 1.2 TH/s and a lower market cap than Labcoin. If Labcoin would be BASIC and the price would scale with the additional 2.8 TH/s to get 1 % (assuming 400 TH/s total), it would very roughly be .004 - .005 BTC per share.

This assumes Labcoin can make these ASIC devices. If they do I agree the current share price is really low. However the reason it is low is because of the uncertainty that Labcoin will ever mine Bitcoin before needing more funding or going bankrupt.

I am not spreading FUD, just showing why the price is where it is.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
But that doesn't really matter. If labcoin only manages to hold ONE percent of the network, then the current share price is nothing else than cheap as fuck.

Some numbers:
BASIC has a hashrate of 1.2 TH/s and a lower market cap than Labcoin. If Labcoin would be BASIC and the price would scale with the additional 2.8 TH/s to get 1 % (assuming 400 TH/s total), it would very roughly be .004 - .005 BTC per share.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
it doesn't turn out well for those taking the 'ZOMG SHUT UP ICEBREAKER ERMAHGAWD I HATE YOUR STUPID FACE' approach.    Grin
Seems you have a far too high impression of your own importance. Nobody hates you.
You're just an annoyance that clutters up threads with valueless posts.

Everyone who paid a little attention knows that you're invested in these projects yourself, and that you're just trolling.
When you grow up, you'll surely leave that behaviour behind you, seeing how utterly pathetic it is.
Until then, enjoy the privilege of being the second person that made it to my ignore list.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
lol, nicely played amigo!   Cool

If only LAGCOIN's steampunk "technology" were as laudable as your sense of humor...  Wink

It's interesting that your ignore button is all glowed as orange. It shows how truly valuable your message is to everyone else.
*Adds to ignore*  Wink

LOL。
donator
Activity: 3228
Merit: 1226
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

If only LAGCOIN's steampunk "technology" were as laudable as your sense of humor...  Wink

It's interesting that your ignore button is all glowed as orange. It shows how truly valuable your message is to everyone else.
*Adds to ignore*  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

If only LAGCOIN's steampunk "technology" were as laudable as your sense of humor...  Wink
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS

Can you spot the difference?   Cheesy
Yep as clear as day

real electronic device that works.

A huge turd that's actually a figment of someones imagination. on drugs obviously.

Grin Cheesy Grin
legendary
Of course more than one company can (successfully/profitably) produce ASICs.

The names of those companies are Hashfast and Cointerra.

Lagcoin is not among them.

In the Hashfast:AMD::Cointerra:Nvidia syllogism, Lagcoin is Trident.   Grin

^^Lagcoin "technology"

^^Hashfast technology

Can you spot the difference?   Cheesy
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
There's no reason to think that only one company can produce ASICs.  Even with GPUs you have both AMD and Nvidia.
legendary
I think we're safe dude. And you're getting pretty annoying with your bullshit

Touchy, touchy!  You're very thin skinned for one so confident of his "investment."   Wink

Lafcoin's chips will be obsolete before they begin hashing, thanks to Avalon, AM, and Hashfast/ice.drill.

That is reality, deal with it or

Speaking of ACTM, I've seen this movie before and it doesn't turn out well for those taking the 'ZOMG SHUT UP ICEBREAKER ERMAHGAWD I HATE YOUR STUPID FACE' approach.    Grin
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
btcman.com
HI TheSwede75, thanks for your blessing reply to Garden,I m  currently doing the same  Grin

Hope your team will succeed later~~~
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
You guys can't lose an arms race your not officially in yet wait till the units start rolling
Until then AM remains King  Wink

Uniquify, HashFast Ink Agreement to Produce ASICs to Increase Hashing Speed for Bitcoin Miners

geeks.broadwayworld.com / Aug, 13, 2013; 10:38 AM

SAN JOSE, CA – Uniquify (www.uniquify.com) today signed a multi-year agreement with HashFast Technologies to design and provide silicon fabrication services for a new generation of application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) expected to dramatically increase hashing speed for Bitcoin miners.

Under terms of the agreement, HashFast Technologies, a pioneer in custom designs of ASIC chips for cryptographic hashing, will use Uniquify’s technology for the production of ASIC chips for cryptographic hashing.

The strategic partnership between HashFast and Uniquify, a leading high-performance semiconductor intellectual property (IP) and system-on-chip (SoC) design, integration and manufacturing services supplier, is poised to move HashFast to the forefront of the cryptographic hashing industry.

tl;dr  Lafcoin just lost the ASIC arms race, before they could get out of the starting gate!   Cheesy

I don't even know what this is showing in your opinion... Uniquify = HashFast. So they signed some kind of deal with themselves basically..?
And even if that press release wasn't a complete joke, how would that mean "we lost the ASIC arms race"? They haven't made anything yet, and they don't plan to do so long after labcoin, or ActM for that matter...
I think we're safe dude. And you're getting pretty annoying with your bullshit.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
So you want an update with some juicy ASIC news?

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Xpost relevant to your interests:

Well fuck me sideways!!    Cool

Uniquify, HashFast Ink Agreement to Produce ASICs to Increase Hashing Speed for Bitcoin Miners

geeks.broadwayworld.com / Aug, 13, 2013; 10:38 AM

SAN JOSE, CA – Uniquify (www.uniquify.com) today signed a multi-year agreement with HashFast Technologies to design and provide silicon fabrication services for a new generation of application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) expected to dramatically increase hashing speed for Bitcoin miners.

Under terms of the agreement, HashFast Technologies, a pioneer in custom designs of ASIC chips for cryptographic hashing, will use Uniquify’s technology for the production of ASIC chips for cryptographic hashing.

The strategic partnership between HashFast and Uniquify, a leading high-performance semiconductor intellectual property (IP) and system-on-chip (SoC) design, integration and manufacturing services supplier, is poised to move HashFast to the forefront of the cryptographic hashing industry.

tl;dr  Lafcoin just lost the ASIC arms race, before they could get out of the starting gate!   Cheesy

I'm pretty sure that ActM proved that press releases are a joke in this industry...
legendary
So you want an update with some juicy ASIC news?

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Xpost relevant to your interests:

Well fuck me sideways!!    Cool

geeks.broadwayworld.com / Aug, 13, 2013; 10:38 AM

tl;dr  Lafcoin just lost the ASIC arms race, before they could get out of the starting gate!   Cheesy
Activity: 420

What we need right now are some updates.

Where are the staff members who were supposed to be joining the forum?

When can we expect an audit of the founders shares? This is already overdue. Please provide immediately.

Why is the website down?

Aren't the first chips supposed to come in this week?  What's the status?

Activity: 420
Everything is not fine if they only have 1% of the network. It would mean a very long ROI

What a strange thing to say. No it wouldn't.

A little run down of the math:
Labcoin consists of 10m shares. If we have 1% of the network, that means each share gets 1 ten-millionth of 1% of 25 bitcoins every 10 minutes (actually even more since blocks are found faster than that).
That's 0.009198 btc per year. Going by IPO price of 0.001 per share, that's 91.89% APR. That's exceptional compared to all other mining stocks (AM has what, 20-25% now?). And it's still excluding all possible hardware sales.

Far more important than that, a 1% share would mean most of the risk of the stock was removed.  The company would be proved to be real and to be competent.

The share price would have skyrocketed by then.  It's so low at the moment only because so much is unknown.  As the unknowns become knowns, the price increases.

So yeah, 1% would be fine in my book.
Everything is not fine if they only have 1% of the network. It would mean a very long ROI

What a strange thing to say. No it wouldn't.

A little run down of the math:
Labcoin consists of 10m shares. If we have 1% of the network, that means each share gets 1 ten-millionth of 1% of 25 bitcoins every 10 minutes (actually even more since blocks are found faster than that).
That's 0.009198 btc per year. Going by IPO price of 0.001 per share, that's 91.89% APR. That's exceptional compared to all other mining stocks (AM has what, 20-25% now?). And it's still excluding all possible hardware sales.
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
The prices and quantities of chips that Labcoin plans to order and deploy makes it very reasonable to hold 15% or more of the network hash rate at least on a medium time scale (through spring at least using Gen 1) but of course there is always the possibility that the landscape changes.

Important to remember here is that while 28nm is sexy, the Labcoin chip, while not as effective power wise is so cheap to manufacture at volume that the team expects to be able to fund 50TH+ using not even all the IPO funds. That can as far as I know not be said about any other project.

Well, those 50TH/s will not make make 10% of the network by the time they are deployed, or even 15%. They would barely make 15% if they got deployed completely right now.

Which is why I think this will turn out to be a great investment. If they don't completely fail, and even just manage to hold a very small percentage, then everything is fine.
The more they get, the better, but as long as they get something, then there's nothing to worry about.

Everything is not fine if they only have 1% of the network. It would mean a very long ROI and many people would go elsewhere which means share prices would suffer for investors. Also at 1% of the network if they make any mistake at all they wont have much profit to fall back on.

15% is reasonable if they can reach that. If they reach 1% but difficulty is rising exponentially it's very bad because they cannot keep up that way. If they manage to get enough profit to build and deploy a lot of miners then they'll do okay. I think if they get over 500TH before 2014 they'll be just fine but thats just my estimate and it's anyones guess. They also have plenty of people to sell ASICs to, such as all those cloud mining companies.
Jump to: