Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 807. (Read 1079974 times)

JMG
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
7 days average float is about 380,000 shares per day and that means only 5.4% of shares are floating or in other words, most of shareholders are holding their shares.

Currently, the total ask size is only 13% of total shares.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
The prices and quantities of chips that Labcoin plans to order and deploy makes it very reasonable to hold 15% or more of the network hash rate at least on a medium time scale (through spring at least using Gen 1) but of course there is always the possibility that the landscape changes.

Important to remember here is that while 28nm is sexy, the Labcoin chip, while not as effective power wise is so cheap to manufacture at volume that the team expects to be able to fund 50TH+ using not even all the IPO funds. That can as far as I know not be said about any other project.

Well, those 50TH/s will not make make 10% of the network by the time they are deployed, or even 15%. They would barely make 15% if they got deployed completely right now.

But that doesn't really matter. If labcoin only manages to hold ONE percent of the network, then the current share price is nothing else than cheap as fuck.
Which is why I think this will turn out to be a great investment. If they don't completely fail, and even just manage to hold a very small percentage, then everything is fine.
The more they get, the better, but as long as they get something, then there's nothing to worry about.
JMG
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Labcoin is hiring!

If you are skilled in IC design / HDL optimization, shoot them your CV at [email protected]

http://coinstocks.net/
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
ajk, people freaked when the "site" just went offline and noone heard anything for a few days - that's all

theSwede - i think what set off the latest rumor mill is the site going down- also, strange things that have happened to "competitors"

The labcoin.com website as far as I know is just going through updates and redesign. I will definitely be here to update if anything significant is to be communicated.

Mr. Swede, do you think Labcoin will be able to maintain 15% of the network for the long term with the difficulty growing exponentially and with what looks like an asic hashing cyber arms race?

This is a very important question which you should forward to the staff and developers. If the 15% can be assured despite difficulty, I think everyone will be happy for many months with the possibility of sweet dividends.

Impossible with Icedrill and their nuclear powered mining operation underground in the middle of Antarctica.

Obviously with Shark-Nado-Hurricane-ASIC-2 (trademark pending) bringing online their mutated clusters of 1nm ASIC in approx "two weeks" we can never be certain.

(This thread needs a dash of humor)
ajk, people freaked when the "site" just went offline and noone heard anything for a few days - that's all

theSwede - i think what set off the latest rumor mill is the site going down- also, strange things that have happened to "competitors"

The labcoin.com website as far as I know is just going through updates and redesign. I will definitely be here to update if anything significant is to be communicated.

Mr. Swede, do you think Labcoin will be able to maintain 15% of the network for the long term with the difficulty growing exponentially and with what looks like an asic hashing cyber arms race?

This is a very important question which you should forward to the staff and developers. If the 15% can be assured despite difficulty, I think everyone will be happy for many months with the possibility of sweet dividends.

I personally do. However, I would probably say that with the vast amount of ASIC projects of differing quality makes the landscape hard to estimate.

Traditionally (as we all know) ASIC has been proned to over promise and under delivery and I don't see a reason to revise that yet.

The prices and quantities of chips that Labcoin plans to order and deploy makes it very reasonable to hold 15% or more of the network hash rate at least on a medium time scale (through spring at least using Gen 1) but of course there is always the possibility that the landscape changes.

Important to remember here is that while 28nm is sexy, the Labcoin chip, while not as effective power wise is so cheap to manufacture at volume that the team expects to be able to fund 50TH+ using not even all the IPO funds. That can as far as I know not be said about any other project.

TLDR: yes.
Activity: 182

Impossible with Icedrill and their nuclear powered mining operation underground in the middle of Antarctica.
Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Activity: 337
Merit: 252
So, basically everything is as uncertain as before. No answers and no action. Except now we have seen a photo of a house in England  Grin
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
I mean the website, not securities....

the website down.。。。 not good.....

I have traced labcoin.com also 178.79.173.51 and it's in England Brockworth

It's not look like a company , it's look like someone's home........

and....... i don't know... how to trust that "labcoin" and TheSwede75
since i got no answer for anything  ...

Yeah,.. but what you forgot the mention is that Linode the ISP is a VPS /Cloud provider.
So the server actually hosting the site could be literally anywhere in the world.
For all i know it's hidden in your basement,..

https://www.linode.com/

This of course is 100% true, though I have no idea why that matters.

I meant it in the way that his ip address findings are irrelevant.
And it's not worrying at all. It would be stupid to choose otherwise in this line of business (at least i think so)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
I'm sorry it I came across as crass but I believe in labcoin personally, but I also feel that a 'reality check' may be in order for investments in general.

YES there are of course projects with possible huge upsides but people also need to realize that investing in anything cryptocurrency related (including Bitcoin itself) means that you invest in an emerging market for for better or worse.

The history of Bitcoin is full of scams and people have a tendency to favor the paranoid point of view (for obvious reasons). Should they be even more aware? Maybe, probably.

Anyway. I think it's odd that you say this while there are unresolved questions about Labcoin, i.e. the share lock issue.
Activity: 182

Well, at least the most panic prone are out.

They will come back in at a higher price and panic and sell at a lower price again. A vicious cycle.
Activity: 420

Well, at least the most panic prone are out.
Activity: 280
Merit: 13
I guess my point is: if what you want it a safe investment, you really shouldn't be here in the first place.

well said my man  Kiss
That was a excellent post TheSwede75

I'm sorry it I came across as crass but I believe in labcoin personally, but I also feel that a 'reality check' may be in order for investments in general.

YES there are of course projects with possible huge upsides but people also need to realize that investing in anything cryptocurrency related (including Bitcoin itself) means that you invest in an emerging market for for better or worse.

I hold shares in many different bitcoin projects both listed on btct.co, picostocks, bitfunder etc. As well as privately financed projects and would never dream of investing rent money or "essential funds" no matter the possible upside.

I personally firmly believe that Bitcoin is here to stay, and there is even a fair chance that I myself may find myself fairly well off because of my involvement in this new exciting means of payment and all it brings. BUT I am also well aware that there is a chance that this may not happen.

I guess my point is: if what you want it a safe investment, you really shouldn't be here in the first place.

God speed and let's all hope Bitcoin makes us rich. But let's not lose sleep over it.
Activity: 246
Team Heritage Motorsports
That was a excellent post TheSwede75
I mean the website, not securities....

the website down.。。。 not good.....

I have traced labcoin.com also 178.79.173.51 and it's in England Brockworth

It's not look like a company , it's look like someone's home........

and....... i don't know... how to trust that "labcoin" and TheSwede75
since i got no answer for anything  ...

Yeah,.. but what you forgot the mention is that Linode the ISP is a VPS /Cloud provider.
So the server actually hosting the site could be literally anywhere in the world.
For all i know it's hidden in your basement,..

https://www.linode.com/

This of course is 100% true, though I have no idea why that matters.

I would assume that anyone investing in a bitcoin project through any bitcoin based exchange would realize that almost every single project is rather trust based.

I am yet to see a single 'company' in the bitcoin industry 100% guarantee anything or have a corporate office etc.

I am sure that as the market and bitcoin itself matures we will see a more mature company structure and more guarded IPO process etc. But when that happens I also assume that no one will be able to reap 50% return on yearly investments or see 50% swings in value overnight.

Any investment in bitcoin shares, asic, bonds or other instrument are per definition high risk. And in for one would never advice anyone to invest in either without knowing the risks.

That said, I personally believe in Labcoin, and consider it one of quite a few possibly exceptionally rewarding investments in this new market.
Activity: 393
It has already been stated on btct.co and here that the core group of labcoin (founder and developers) will NOT sell any excess of 25% of shares for 12 months. This is a binding agreement posted from the IPO axcount . what we are working on is simply the transparency.

Sorry, maybe it's because english isn't my first language, but what do you mean that they'll "not sell any excess of 25% of shares for 12 months"?
Why doesn't it say that they'll "not sell any shares for 12 months"?

Does that mean they are free to sell 25% of the companies shares (= 2,500,000 shares)? Or they are free to sell 25% of their 3,000,000 shares (= 750,000 shares)?

They have 3,000,000 shares. 75% (2,250,000) are locked for 12 months - the remaining 25% (750K) can be sold at any point.
Activity: 392
It has already been stated on btct.co and here that the core group of labcoin (founder and developers) will NOT sell any excess of 25% of shares for 12 months. This is a binding agreement posted from the IPO axcount . what we are working on is simply the transparency.

Sorry, maybe it's because english isn't my first language, but what do you mean that they'll "not sell any excess of 25% of shares for 12 months"?
Why doesn't it say that they'll "not sell any shares for 12 months"?

Does that mean they are free to sell 25% of the companies shares (= 2,500,000 shares)? Or they are free to sell 25% of their 3,000,000 shares (= 750,000 shares)?

Please clear that up for me: how many shares are they allowed to sell now, and how many are locked for 12 months?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
Glad to see TheSwede back - it's like people sit around trying to think up scare stories to get the price down  Roll Eyes

This thing isn't going to happen overnight!
Activity: 429
I got a nice surprise email that my low bid was picked up, adding a few more shares to my collection.   Grin
Jump to: