Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 805. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250
Not insider info,

I was waiting around for .0013-.0014 but then JMG had to go and post that stupid chart and stop any downward momentum.  What people aren't realizing is that this security should settle around 30% apr after everything is up and running.

Labcoin is set to initially hold ~5% when they first come online, this will spike the share price considerably allowing for an impressive mid-term gain.

I think people realize the POTENTIAL - what about the risk that these guys never get anything off the ground - even if they are delayed 6-10 months their current plans may be almost worthless at the current diff increase rate.
JMG
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Not insider info,

I was waiting around for .0013-.0014 but then JMG had to go and post that stupid chart and stop any downward momentum.  What people aren't realizing is that this security should settle around 30% apr after everything is up and running.

Labcoin is set to initially hold ~5% when they first come online, this will spike the share price considerably allowing for an impressive mid-term gain.
Activity: 434
The silence is deafening here. I'm out until there's some solid info from management.

Cheers.
Activity: 462
Someone just loaded up on LC. Insider info?

Jup, Good for those of us who are already in Cool.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Saw that and came here to check for news - It's likely someone reacting to the above div analysis..Even at 2% of network hash rate its still pretty attractive

2% is attractive, but the likelihood Labcoin will ever have any percent is a stretch. Swede is being purposely vague and no other member of the team talks anymore.
Activity: 302

Saw that and came here to check for news - It's likely someone reacting to the above div analysis..Even at 2% of network hash rate its still pretty attractive
legendary
Activity: 1311
Activity: 420

What we need right now are some updates.

Where are the staff members who were supposed to be joining the forum?

When can we expect an audit of the founders shares? This is already overdue. Please provide immediately.

Why is the website down?

Aren't the first chips supposed to come in this week?  What's the status?

Updates we still need.

Today would be a good day for it.
Woow nice work man!!

It would be interesting to know what will be the Price per Share if we have 15% of the total hashrate with an annual yield of 30%  (like AM has it now)

Does anyone is able to do the maths?  Kiss

Roughly 0.05

For what that's worth.  

The  uncertainty is what keeps the price so low for now.

Relates back to what I was saying earlier.  If the company could communicate at all and instill some confidence, we'd see the price at least double on that basis alone.

It's all belief at this point.
Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Excellent. If they meet their 10% of the Network goal then it's an excellent investment even if they don't manage to sell any miners. I'm just worried about the difficulty rising exponentially just as everyone else is but if they manage to last for 6 months they'll probably be able to secure a strong 10% of the network hashrate. I don't see any of these others competing with them.

Unlike most investors I'm interested in companies that can last for the long term, such as in years. The collapse of btcgarden did not extend us confidence.
Activity: 709
Merit: 500
Gridcoin Foundation
Woow nice work man!!

It would be interesting to know what will be the Price per Share if we have 15% of the total hashrate with an annual yield of 30%  (like AM has it now)

Does anyone is able to do the maths?  Kiss
legendary
Is 1% realistic? Does Labcoin project that they will have this kind of hashing power soon?
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
JMG
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Everything is not fine if they only have 1% of the network. It would mean a very long ROI

What a strange thing to say. No it wouldn't.

A little run down of the math:
Labcoin consists of 10m shares. If we have 1% of the network, that means each share gets 1 ten-millionth of 1% of 25 bitcoins every 10 minutes (actually even more since blocks are found faster than that).
That's 0.009198 btc per year. Going by IPO price of 0.001 per share, that's 91.89% APR. That's exceptional compared to all other mining stocks (AM has what, 20-25% now?). And it's still excluding all possible hardware sales.

But we might not have a year. That is why I said ROI when considering the risks at 1% is quite low. Labcoin would prove itself not to be a scam but it's not enough to say we don't face high risks.

91.89% APR is better than Asicminer that is true but with Asicminer we have reason to believe it will be around for a while and with Labcoin there is a lot more uncertainty. I'm not one of the person who think Labcoin is a scam but I don't know whether or not it will weather the market conditions and other factors to be around for years either. If it can last for years then 91.89% APR is very good.
Everything is not fine if they only have 1% of the network. It would mean a very long ROI

What a strange thing to say. No it wouldn't.

A little run down of the math:
Labcoin consists of 10m shares. If we have 1% of the network, that means each share gets 1 ten-millionth of 1% of 25 bitcoins every 10 minutes (actually even more since blocks are found faster than that).
That's 0.009198 btc per year. Going by IPO price of 0.001 per share, that's 91.89% APR. That's exceptional compared to all other mining stocks (AM has what, 20-25% now?). And it's still excluding all possible hardware sales.

Far more important than that, a 1% share would mean most of the risk of the stock was removed.  The company would be proved to be real and to be competent.

The share price would have skyrocketed by then.  It's so low at the moment only because so much is unknown.  As the unknowns become knowns, the price increases.

So yeah, 1% would be fine in my book.

1% means it's not a scam and stock prices might go up but thats not competitive long term with AM or any of the other companies out there.

ROI would be high but you're talking about over a years time. How do we know any of this will last for the whole year?

Like pretty much every other bitcoin stock, if these guys could communicate worth a damn, the stock would be worth twice as much.
legendary
www.labcoin.com site is down.

Don't worry its happened a few times, its probably a DDOS from someone that wants to buy low.
Jump to: