Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 804. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Investors want the big pop of early investment in Labcoin vs. johnny come lately returns at ASICminer where the big early gains have already occurred. If they had wanted a mature stock they would have invested in ASICminer instead of BTCgarden to start with.

What makes you think people can afford ASICminer?

ASICminer is almost 4BTC a share so at this point share price can't go up much more.
The whole point is to get in early while shares are cheap. People who want to sell their entire positions give us cheaper shares.

4 BTC isn't that much money.  Most people that should be investing can swing that, if you can't you should really rethink what you're doing.
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Investors want the big pop of early investment in Labcoin vs. johnny come lately returns at ASICminer where the big early gains have already occurred. If they had wanted a mature stock they would have invested in ASICminer instead of BTCgarden to start with.

What makes you think people can afford ASICminer?

ASICminer is almost 4BTC a share so at this point share price can't go up much more.
The whole point is to get in early while shares are cheap. People who want to sell their entire positions give us cheaper shares.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
N_S
Activity: 238
Looks like most the BTCGarden money is going to Labcoin instead of ActM

Sure seems to be going that way. Not sure why though...
legendary
Activity: 1025
Looks like most the BTCGarden money is going to Labcoin instead of ActM
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Same risks as an investment in BTCGarden, but at a more favorable price. The chips may or may not work, they may or may not be deployed on time, etc...

I left with a nice profit. That'd not have happened had I invested in that other IPO. Still I'd likely not have sold my entire position if management would just keep us posted. Hopefully they're all too busy working on those chips to even have time to let us know what's going on...though I thought that's what swede was brought onboard to handle. It's rather disconcerting.

Cheers.
Activity: 393

At least the website is back up.

Anything updated/changed on the website?

Just checked with cached - Nop
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
All I see is:

"I want share price to go down!"

"I want share price to go up!"

Grin

I see a lot of valid points from both sides, but LC is entirely too quiet. Are their devs *STILL* in newbie jail? Really?

I bought into this IPO because I thought it was attractively priced and had a good risk/reward profile(I did not feel the same about BTCGarden), but you cannot properly assess risk/reward without accurate and timely information and all I hear from management is crickets.

You get what you pay for, there's a reason this IPO is "attractively priced".
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
We're still only two weeks in.
Activity: 434
All I see is:

Grin

I see a lot of valid points from both sides, but LC is entirely too quiet. Are their devs *STILL* in newbie jail? Really?

I bought into this IPO because I thought it was attractively priced and had a good risk/reward profile(I did not feel the same about BTCGarden), but you cannot properly assess risk/reward without accurate and timely information and all I hear from management is crickets.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Anything updated/changed on the website?
Activity: 420

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
All I see is:

Grin
legendary

Exactly, I wouldn't touch this Italian owned "train wreck in the making" with a 10 foot pole, I'm not yet convinced this is a not a scam. IMHO after btcgarden has gone private, the only other trustworthy asic mining operation IPO is MYMINER from the people at bter.com.

They are at the mercy of chip suppliers which has been unreliable at best. My money is on a self sufficient mining operation which unfortunately leaves LC as the only option.

They are in China and well connected with the suppliers, the chip supply is not a problem. There's a reason not many company develop their own CPU but instead buy Intel. The cost of research, development and manufacturing your own chip will soon be a disadvantage once the chip is just an easily obtained commodity. The true future competition in ASIC mining operation, is power/infrastructure cost, not who can manufacture a chip. MYMINER will have a HUGE advantage in this area, since they will be locating their facility in super low cost areas of China and also even utilize solar power fields in the area.
N_S
Activity: 238
My money is on a self sufficient mining operation which unfortunately leaves LC as the only option.

You may prefer Labcoin, but it's disingenuous to say it's the only option. It isn't.
legendary
Activity: 1311

Exactly, I wouldn't touch this Italian owned "train wreck in the making" with a 10 foot pole, I'm not yet convinced this is a not a scam. IMHO after btcgarden has gone private, the only other trustworthy asic mining operation IPO is MYMINER from the people at bter.com.

MYMINER is at the mercy of chip suppliers which has been unreliable at best. My money is on a self sufficient mining operation which unfortunately leaves LC as the only option.
legendary
Not insider info,

I was waiting around for .0013-.0014 but then JMG had to go and post that stupid chart and stop any downward momentum.  What people aren't realizing is that this security should settle around 30% apr after everything is up and running.

Labcoin is set to initially hold ~5% when they first come online, this will spike the share price considerably allowing for an impressive mid-term gain.

I think people realize the POTENTIAL - what about the risk that these guys never get anything off the ground - even if they are delayed 6-10 months their current plans may be almost worthless at the current diff increase rate.

If you could factor in difficulty that would be the most helpful. What impact could say 200m difficulty have if it happens by November to December? What if we have 150m diff in September to October? (these are worse case scenarios btw assuming every competitor floods the market with ASICs and starts mining.)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmXn4BnLUgYsdEF0TUtWUWtUaUUzR1F2aUhEWW9lN2c#gid=0
If the initial test works then the green light signal and they can buy as many ICs as they can and sell as much as they can. I estimate the percentage of the network will rise as Labcoin operation grows in size and scope but that will take 6 months, does Labcoin have 6 months to grow into 10-15% of the network?
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
The silence is deafening here. I'm out until there's some solid info from management.

Cheers.
Understandable.  This security is extremely high risk, high reward.  Until communication is worked out, shareholder confidence is rightfully low.
Not insider info,

I was waiting around for .0013-.0014 but then JMG had to go and post that stupid chart and stop any downward momentum.  What people aren't realizing is that this security should settle around 30% apr after everything is up and running.

Labcoin is set to initially hold ~5% when they first come online, this will spike the share price considerably allowing for an impressive mid-term gain.
The test run according to my understanding is just to see that everything works and get the initial mining rig set up. I don't think they'll be fully operational until mid November according to the language in the QA.

I don't know the final hashrate they'll have or the difficulty by November. I know they'll be fully operation by sometime in October but I think November is the month when everything will either be in full gear or it fails.

Even if they only get 5% of the network until November, they make their own chips and can always produce more to bring up the percentage to 10-15% later if they can last through December.

I think the main thing investors should be concerned about is whether or not this Labcoin operation is being built to last. If it's built to last then everybody can win.
Jump to: