Author

Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner - page 109. (Read 284869 times)

legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
Well, the only way to pay for the APW3++ is via LTC or Wire. Given the overhead of wire, that really only leaves LTC.
When did they stop taking BTC? I had to do a quick trade to get LTC because all I had on hand was BTC.
Are they going to do that tomorrow with the L3+ also or will they still take BTC/Wire?

One reason for them to cancel BTC was when LTC increased in value because they wanted a stockpile. Next time the transaction time was super long and many expired within the 1 hour time. That resulted in manual work.

And a lot of orders were not paid by wire resulting them to restock it a week or so later.
I was going to pay by wire last time, but couldn't get the web page to refresh. It kept timing out.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur
Well, the only way to pay for the APW3++ is via LTC or Wire. Given the overhead of wire, that really only leaves LTC.
When did they stop taking BTC? I had to do a quick trade to get LTC because all I had on hand was BTC.
Are they going to do that tomorrow with the L3+ also or will they still take BTC/Wire?

One reason for them to cancel BTC was when LTC increased in value because they wanted a stockpile. Next time the transaction time was super long and many expired within the 1 hour time. That resulted in manual work.

And a lot of orders were not paid by wire resulting them to restock it a week or so later.
Merit: 110
It's just impossible to know with these guys. They seem to enjoy watching us all dance and jerk around.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
I bought another miner for october batch a few weeks ago, but I forgot to buy a PSU. But if I go to bitmain's website, the psu is still in cart and avaiable to buy (APW3++ for L3+, October batch 999). I want to start mining in october, so is it safe to buy it now and receive it in october?

I would use this link instead and get one from the September batch  Wink: https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020170718231543554hMDKIKD5064B

-Credit goes to manav24

Seems like there are plenty of power supplies left.  Cheesy

This from the page source code:
Code:

They probably jacking up prices because price of LTC went up as well!
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
I bought another miner for october batch a few weeks ago, but I forgot to buy a PSU. But if I go to bitmain's website, the psu is still in cart and avaiable to buy (APW3++ for L3+, October batch 999). I want to start mining in october, so is it safe to buy it now and receive it in october?

I would use this link instead and get one from the September batch  Wink: https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020170718231543554hMDKIKD5064B

-Credit goes to manav24

Seems like there are plenty of power supplies left.  Cheesy

This from the page source code:
Code:
Activity: 384
Merit: 256

-Credit goes to manav24
I will try again with the BM login lottery later today.

Could someone explain how the BM captcha works?

It's just a damn simple subtraction problem. Unbelievable the curveballs these guys throw. I'm forced to admit that I typed it in as a typical repeat Captcha!! Embarassing. 7-2=   5 was supposed to type in "5" but I'm a retard so I typed in "7-2=". ARRRGH!!!
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
I'm really happy now with the $1291 I paid for my 4!!  Been trying to get a D3 and either the website don't load or I can't order.  Sad
Activity: 266
Merit: 102
Tomorrow new batch of L3 + from bitmain at the same time as before 11 am China time

The next batch is most likely going to be even more expensive than the previous one and shipping in 11-20 Nov.

2280 USD.

According to this yet hidden product page at bitmain.com https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020170906220606808s81w82N8063C
a lot of difference between d3 and l3+ price
Activity: 854
Merit: 502
Tomorrow new batch of L3 + from bitmain at the same time as before 11 am China time

The next batch is most likely going to be even more expensive than the previous one and shipping in 11-20 Nov.

2280 USD.

According to this yet hidden product page at bitmain.com https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020170906220606808s81w82N8063C

Last batch cost 1870 and now 2280, its 410 increment (22%) WOW....
the increment almost double from last batch and agust 24th

Activity: 578
Merit: 508
I will try again with the BM login lottery later today.

Could someone explain how the BM captcha works?

Last time it looked like a simple arithmetic equation. Were you supposed to supply the answer?

On top of the captcha, the font was in a strange color of green that had poor contrast on the monitor I was using.

It wouldn't surprise me this time if you had to solve a calculus captcha.

Finally some comments:

1) IIRC for US customs if the value of the import is less than $2500 then I believe it just zips through customs.

2) Second using Fedex. I wouldn't use UPS if it were free. IIRC, DHL is owned by the German post office. A few years ago DHL reduced their footprint in the US, so I would only use DHL if they were near a major metropolitan area.

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

2280 USD.

Activity: 294
Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

probably non of us be able to get any of those miners , they website going to be overwhelmed again ...
legendary
Activity: 974
Could it be nobody buys miners anymore in China?

It's probably going to be another small batch, but this time it will be comprised of the unpaid wire orders. The last small batch was probably from the unpaid crypto orders, and the batch before that of course was the large batch. This may be the last chance people get to order the L3+ directly from Bitmain for a while. Just my speculations though.

I think they'll keep selling them about as fast as they can make them... what would be the reason not to? We are pre-paying all production costs and taking all risks of diff rise, exchange rate etc. No risk for Bitmain. They could hike the price to $3-4k to shake the resellers off and probably would still sell out those 2-3 month pre-orders.
I believe you are 100% correct. Also, Bitmain is trying desperately to raise money for their move into a new USA Mining facility. I sense their is "Big trouble in little China". Possibly the owners at Bitmain are not happy forking over a large % of their profits to the Chinese Government. I know for a fact that Professional Chinese Athletes pay 65% of their earnings to the Government. I can't even guess what Bitmain is paying.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

It's probably going to be another small batch, but this time it will be comprised of the unpaid wire orders. The last small batch was probably from the unpaid crypto orders, and the batch before that of course was the large batch. This may be the last chance people get to order the L3+ directly from Bitmain for a while. Just my speculations though.

I think they'll keep selling them about as fast as they can make them... what would be the reason not to? We are pre-paying all production costs and taking all risks of diff rise, exchange rate etc. No risk for Bitmain. They could hike the price to $3-4k to shake the resellers off and probably would still sell out those 2-3 month pre-orders.
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

I would assume they will give us a couple of chances more. At least for christmas. I doubt they will have anew gen machine at that time but at least one last L3+ batch Grin

And for Q1 2018 they will release a new one. 1 year life cycle sounds good to me (as long as I get a miner from the first 2 batches haha)
Jump to: