Pages:
Author

Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!! - page 11. (Read 133698 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT
Listen -

Cascacius was selling twenty (20) one ounce pure silver 1 BTC coins for 30 BTC.

That's a normal markup.  

Lealana is selling a 3-coin set consisting of forty (40) LTC for *110* LTC.

Thats ridiculous.  

10 BTC markup at current prices is ($612 x 10) = $6120

$6120 = Normal markup?

70 LTC markup at current prices is ($17.37 x 110) = $1215.90

$1215.90 = Ridiculous markup?

Just to clarify, I am not taking a side here.

You shouldn't look at the mark up as a $$$ value but as a %%%.

Reason is simple, If a loaf of bread costs $1 to make and is sold for $2, that is a $1 markup, lets say thats normal. That does not mean a $1 markup for a $30,000 car is "normal".

using the values mentioned,

Casascius markup = 50%
Lealana markup = 175%
Activity: 315
Listen -

That's a normal markup.  

Thats ridiculous.  

10 BTC markup at current prices is ($612 x 10) = $6120

$6120 = Normal markup?

70 LTC markup at current prices is ($17.37 x 110) = $1215.90

$1215.90 = Ridiculous markup?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Listen -

That's a normal markup.  

Thats ridiculous.  

I have run my own business for 13 years and resell products purchased at wholesale.  A typical shampoo retailing for $29.00 is typically sold wholesale for $14.00 and costs only about $5.00 to make (including packaging, shipping, administration, materials, ingredients, production).  Even for mom and pop shops.  So I understand cost of doing business.  

A $1,100 markup on every single order is excessive.  Cascacius established that.

Normally I would let someone overprice something if they want to.  None of my business.  I just wont buy.  But I was asking because I thought maybe the posted prices on the site were "static" rather than "dynamic".  So I was hoping maybe they'd changed, since crypto's have major value changes from minute to minute.  Online stores selling things in cryptocurrency should have dynamically changing prices (ala BitPay, Coinbase, MtGox API plugins offer). With the wild fluctuation in prices, you can't just write '2.85 BTC' and leave it sitting there for 5 months.  
Activity: 315
Smoothie am I understanding this correctly?

The "Name: 3-Coin Lealana Silver LTC Set"

One 25 LTC
One 10 LTC
One 5 LTC = 40 LTC = $800 USD right now

One ounce of silver is about $20 right now.

So the actual value of these coins is $860

Your price is 2.85 BTC .... which is over $1,900 ....

Am I overlooking something in the $1,000 price difference?

Thanks.

I'm not speaking for smoothie, but you forgot to factor in the cost of business: he needs to recoup his startup investment costs, the fabrication costs, the minting costs, the material and transportation costs, plus all his time in managing and administering the business, creating all the keys, funding all the wallets, applying all the holograms, packaging and shipping all the products.  I don't think you appreciate how much work actually goes into producing these coins.  When you're a one-man-shop (I speak from experience, as I also am a sole proprietor of my business), you do not enjoy the efficiencies of mass production that large companies do.  Factor everything together, plus profit, and you might be surprised what the whole package actually costs to produce.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Smoothie am I understanding this correctly?

The "Name: 3-Coin Lealana Silver LTC Set"

One 25 LTC
One 10 LTC
One 5 LTC = 40 LTC = $800 USD right now

One ounce of silver is about $20 right now.

So the actual value of these coins is $860

Your price is 2.85 BTC .... which is over $1,900 ....

Am I overlooking something in the $1,000 price difference?

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
LTC 25 1 oz coins ...still have about 30 left for sale (this means I probably will only make at most 30 more 3-coin sets).

1/2 oz 10 LTC Error coins I've stopped selling.

Yes I have been really busy so please everyone forgive me if I am very slow to respond via email or PMs.

The demand for LEALANA coins has been overwhelming during this holiday season.
Activity: 378
Hey Lealana, I sent you a PM.

Just wanted to make sure you got it. I know you are probably very busy around this time.

Thanks!  Grin
Activity: 539
Merit: 517
Concerning the 3-coin sets, there will likely only be 100 to 200 of them as I do not intend to make anymore 1oz 25 LTC coins and I am getting low on the original run of 500.
How many 1oz 25 LTC coins do you have left ?
I will try to post back here later in the day, but please bear with me this Christmas season is much busier than I anticipated. Lots of orders shipping this week.
No problem, I understand. Take all the time you need as I'm just being curious and it's a non urgent question.
I have myself a pending order Cheesy
legendary
Concerning the 3-coin sets, there will likely only be 100 to 200 of them as I do not intend to make anymore 1oz 25 LTC coins and I am getting low on the original run of 500.

Not very much due to the fact that I need to do a quick count in the morning before I make any more QTY quotes.

I would not want to sell something I did not have.

I will try to post back here later in the day, but please bear with me this Christmas season is much busier than I anticipated. Lots of orders shipping this week.

Activity: 539
Merit: 517
legendary
Smoothie, trying to contact you about LTC.

I responded to you on the LTC forums. You can always email me at [email protected].

I'll be in the Bees Brothers talk tomorrow.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Smoothie, trying to contact you about LTC.
legendary
Nice. Are those Nickel-Brass'd ones like these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161166264381
Just for the looks.

They are a different design and are loaded with LTC.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Nice. Are those Nickel-Brass'd ones like these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161166264381
Just for the looks.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
still waiting for mine

Yours just got sent out today.  Smiley

Literally I just got back from the post office.
Thanks smoothie Smiley))))
legendary
Here is just a random bit of internal info as to some of my practices for what they're worth.  I thought I'd share just in case they could be useful, or inspire some other beneficial practice.

For the last while, I have been issuing coins with an incrementing prefix that I treat as a lot number, some of those prefixes have included... 1Ag1 1Ag2 1Ag3 1Ag4, 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 12A 12B etc

And have been using different runs to mean different coins: 1Aga 1Agb 1Agc are halfs, 1Ag1/2/3 are 1oz silver, 1Ag4/5/6/7 are gold plated silver etc...  12* are 1/2 btc brass, 13* are 1btc brass... The lot assignment is arbitrary, but at least I leave open the possibility that I can publish a meaningful list for anyone who feels they would benefit from the info.

Creating keys and numbering them this way has helped me manage supplies and helps implement some controls with respect to key creation, printing, and management.  I print keys in sheets and then cut them... each lot corresponds to exactly one whole sheet.  (so each sheet is self-identifying just by looking at the addresses, and they continue to be self-identifying after being cut).  It lowers the possibility of making mistakes because some useful intelligence can be derived from those numbers...eg....that coin that fell on the floor, are we sure we dropped it there today or could it have been left from prior to today?  When production is scaled to a multi-person team, doing this also lowers the attack surface with respect to the theoretical potential of inside fraud.

One of the biggest reasons I've done lots is in the case I somehow had the misfortune of having a large number of coins stolen at once.  Fortunately that hasn't happened, but if that were to happen, it would be much easier to publish the lot number(s) of the stolen coins (which people could memorize or keep as a very short list) so as to maximally preserve the value of the remaining lots that are not involved in the theft, helping people quickly identify their coins as uninvolved.  In order to exploit this benefit, I make every effort to make sure that each shipment contains coins from a single lot, or as few unique lots as possible.  Sometimes rolls of coins contain a mixture of lots - I try to preserve those for occasions other than shipped orders (like if I'm somehow delivering the coins, or breaking the roll apart for my own promotional purposes, or selling single coins, or whatever).

Mike,

After watching your practices and purchasing coins from you I have devised a similar mechanism for tracking coin types. I have not improved upon your mechanism but merely mimic it for the time being.

For example my newer coins start with addresses as follows:

1 LTC BRASS starts with LTC1, LTC2, LTC3... except for the "5" and "X" prefixes.

5 LTC 1/4 oz silver starts with LTC51, LTC52, LTC53...

10 LTC (except the original batch) starts with LTCX1, LTCX2, LTCX3...

0.25 BTC 1/2 oz silver starts with 1BTC1, 1BTC2, 1BTC3...

0.5 BTC 1 oz silver starts with 1BTCz, 1BTCy, 1BTCx...

These last two coins I took a central point of the vanity list:

0.1 BTC 1/4 oz silver starts with 1BTCm, 1BTCl, 1BTCk...

1.0 BTC 1 oz silver gold plated are 1BTCn, 1BTCo, 1BTCp...

New: I am going to be releasing shortly a Bitcoin brass coin with 0.1 BTC denomination which starts with 1Btc1, 1Btc2, 1Btc3...

Note: about 50% of the time the batches overlap but I try to keep an updated list of addresses I have used so that when I go to cut more keys with my epilog laser (as you do) I know what address for that coin type I used last as they are all sorted alphanumerically.

My first 1/2 oz and 1 oz Litecoin runs do not use any vanity in the addresses.

It gets confusing with so many different types and sizes of coins. So this mechanism helps to identify if I am using the correct address when generating certificates or funding the coins as well as inventory.

I have not published an up to date list of coins addresses yet, but I will sometime in the future when I get an open moment to do so (as I am sure Mike you are also slammed with orders despite disabling your site from taking orders). The list will consist of set #'s, serial #'s, addresses etc. It will be a quite complex list (perhaps I overcomplicated things in producing my coins).

But anyway, thanks again Mike for sharing. Very much appreciated.

Aloha
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
Here is just a random bit of internal info as to some of my practices for what they're worth.  I thought I'd share just in case they could be useful, or inspire some other beneficial practice.

For the last while, I have been issuing coins with an incrementing prefix that I treat as a lot number, some of those prefixes have included... 1Ag1 1Ag2 1Ag3 1Ag4, 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 12A 12B etc

And have been using different runs to mean different coins: 1Aga 1Agb 1Agc are halfs, 1Ag1/2/3 are 1oz silver, 1Ag4/5/6/7 are gold plated silver etc...  12* are 1/2 btc brass, 13* are 1btc brass... The lot assignment is arbitrary, but at least I leave open the possibility that I can publish a meaningful list for anyone who feels they would benefit from the info.

Creating keys and numbering them this way has helped me manage supplies and helps implement some controls with respect to key creation, printing, and management.  I print keys in sheets and then cut them... each lot corresponds to exactly one whole sheet.  (so each sheet is self-identifying just by looking at the addresses, and they continue to be self-identifying after being cut).  It lowers the possibility of making mistakes because some useful intelligence can be derived from those numbers...eg....that coin that fell on the floor, are we sure we dropped it there today or could it have been left from prior to today?  When production is scaled to a multi-person team, doing this also lowers the attack surface with respect to the theoretical potential of inside fraud.

One of the biggest reasons I've done lots is in the case I somehow had the misfortune of having a large number of coins stolen at once.  Fortunately that hasn't happened, but if that were to happen, it would be much easier to publish the lot number(s) of the stolen coins (which people could memorize or keep as a very short list) so as to maximally preserve the value of the remaining lots that are not involved in the theft, helping people quickly identify their coins as uninvolved.  In order to exploit this benefit, I make every effort to make sure that each shipment contains coins from a single lot, or as few unique lots as possible.  Sometimes rolls of coins contain a mixture of lots - I try to preserve those for occasions other than shipped orders (like if I'm somehow delivering the coins, or breaking the roll apart for my own promotional purposes, or selling single coins, or whatever).
legendary
still waiting for mine

Yours just got sent out today.  Smiley

Literally I just got back from the post office.
legendary

The next series of the 1 oz LTC coins will be a smaller denomination due to the recent price rise of Litecoin.

These sets are labeled with the serial number of the coin set.

1 oz and 1/2 oz coins have laser engraved number on the hologram as well as lasered edges for added security. The 1/4 oz coin has no lasering as it Already has the serial overprinted and the area for lasering the edge is too small.

I suspect for new LEALANA coins for next year will use a completely different hologram design for that series. Just thinking ahead.

any update on my order ?

its for a birthday on the 28th  Undecided

ordered over 3-4 weeks ago i think

Your order was placed on the 7th of november. I've sent you a PM about this just now.

It will be going out this week.

Just received my coins, very pleased with quality!

Hopefully you will offer other shipping options soon Wink

i'm interested in purchasing BTC coins as well from you.

Will fund them in the next day or so.

If you want to purchase my BTC coins just PM me. Or email me at [email protected]

Aloha  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
still waiting for mine
Pages:
Jump to: