Pages:
Author

Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!! - page 34. (Read 133714 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
@Smoothie,

Gotta give you credit where credit is due

You hit a grand slam with these coins.

~BCX~

hmmm.  someone else used that same analogy just last nite  Wink
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Yep, waiting for a shipping notice myself. Will be wanting to order more Smiley
Activity: 511
Merit: 500
Hempire Loading...
I am also looking forward to getting my coins...any update as to when these begin shipping out?

These are sweet...I can't wait.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Just cant wait to get my "your LTC have shipped" notice!!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Looks like I'm doing the exact same thing.

No, Mike has offered to ship coins that have been funded to me personally. You are not doing the same thing. Keep in mind that is what this whole tangent was about. I asked you to do what Mike had offered me. You refused.

You do what you will but let us all be honest about it.

If you had read the OP in its entirety you would have known what was to be expected with this batch.

If what you claim is true then Mike has funded your coins before being delivered and confirmed. That is his choice obviously. It is not up for debate with this current batch.
vip
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Looks like I'm doing the exact same thing.

No, Mike has offered to ship coins that have been funded to me personally. You are not doing the same thing. Keep in mind that is what this whole tangent was about. I asked you to do what Mike had offered me. You refused.

You do what you will but let us all be honest about it.

legendary
Please note that I am shipping through USPS and not UPS.

I know there can be some confusion as they are similar in names. It is worth mentioning once again in case anyone missed it.

donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
The first bits address you will be able to look up on the litecoin block chain. This has always been an option to verify funds.

I will release a public list of funded addresses in the near future. This way you can cross check to see if the coin being resold (assuming you are buying from someone else besides me) does in fact have coins at the specified address.

Each coin comes with a certificate with the FULL ADDRESS of the coin too.

Firstbits is not sufficient. Recipient of unloaded coin could vanity-gen an address with identical firsbits. You have to use producer list to verify coin.

Good point. Then the certificate and the list I provide will be sufficient.

Not sure about that, as I understand it, say the coin's FirstBit was Labcde then anyone vanity generating the same would get a FirstBits of Labcdex, so when checking the original Firstbits would show as an unfunded address still.

edit: if FirstBits is just the first 5 chars, ie Labcd, then that would be the coin's & a van-gen would have Labcdx
legendary
The first bits address you will be able to look up on the litecoin block chain. This has always been an option to verify funds.

I will release a public list of funded addresses in the near future. This way you can cross check to see if the coin being resold (assuming you are buying from someone else besides me) does in fact have coins at the specified address.

Firstbits is not sufficient. Recipient of unloaded coin could vanity-gen an address with identical firsbits. You have to use producer list to verify coin.

Good point. Then the certificate and the list I provide will be sufficient.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

legendary
Here is mike's response to me via email:

I ship only using fully trackable shipping and will avoid funding if the carrier will tell me in writing they lost it.  This applies only to coins I send out, not ones remailed by resellers.

Looks like I'm doing the exact same thing. Coins may exist unfunded if they are reported by the carrier as lost during shipment from mike to the original buyer and in no other circumstances. In a similar circumstance I would be doing the same as it makes the most sense.

If Mike chooses he can verify this quote as I have copy-pasted it here.

Keep in mind that this scenario has not happened for me. So my method of funding will remain until I can see a better way to go about dealing with a situation like this. Given ALL of my packages are going through USPS registered mail, it may be some time until I see this manifest itself.

If a package ever went missing or stolen through the carrier and I got confirmation (in writing as well) I would eat the cost and replace the package to the buyer.

legendary
A delay in funding is not, "forever unfunded".

Even if he dies he said it could get funded.

Could != Would/Will

Keep in mind he would be dead. This would sort of limit his actions and he would thus have to rely on others.

Which still does not make it absolute that the coins will get funded in that case. Hence my inquiry to him about lost/stolen coins and unfunded coins.

He did mention that if he was not around to fund coins then the coins unfunded would be a rare specimen. So perhaps you are right, but we will see what he says about lost/stolen coins and funding of them.
vip

Could != Would/Will

Keep in mind he would be dead. This would sort of limit his actions and he would thus have to rely on others.

legendary
One thing to note is I never got the fact of the mentioned lost package he had if it was ever funded prior to him receiving it back at his address. This I am interested in knowing how he handled.

legendary

Could != Would/Will

As I already asked for a link you have not provided. I just sent Mike a message to verify this claim as I am curious how he does handle a situation where a known package sent to the original buyer was stolen or lost.
vip

legendary

actually, the opposite list would probably be better.

one that lists the coins you did NOT fund due to loss or theft.  should be much, much shorter.

I know smoothie is no Mike, but all of mikes coins get funded once they get to the wild even if lost/stolen.

The point of this for Mike was to be a physical BTC coin that could be trusted in trade when internet was not around. You can't get a "real fake".

I understand smoothie might be doing something different and expects people to only use this as a collectable and never resell them.

Anyway, it is nice that he was very clear on his policy so we know what we are getting.

Please provide a link to prove your bolded claim above. Thanks.

(This is assuming the coins get stolen/lost before they reach the original buyer.)

I don't have time to do a google search for you but all coins get funded. (Exception might be the 2fa coins). There are none in the wild that have not been funded.

If so it would be nice to "steal" ones own package so you truly had something rare.

Hence registered mail pretty much ensures it gets to the original buyer. So far a stolen registered mail package of my coins has not manifested itself nor from what Mike has claimed has any package been stolen. One was misdirected and resent back to his mailing address. So to date I know of ZERO coins of his that were stolen during shipment.

This scenario we are talking about has not happened yet as far as I am aware.. From what I gather Mike just announced that he will be funding his recent batch of shipments (that have or are going out soon) once they are confirmed to have been received by the original buyers.

I see no difference in how I am handling this, other than I may be using more than 1 transaction to fund the purchased coins initially.

Casascius has been sending unfunded coins for a long time now, for the simple reason that there is a risk of theft in mail - a risk much higher than Casascius being randomly killed.

no, the reason is import tax and customs fees and stuff. He will fund the coins even if they get stolen.

If USPS or FedEx certifies they actually lost a shipment in transit that I sent (a privilege I reserve exclusively for things I personally ship) then I will not make the buyer eat it. With the premium shipping options I offer, this is sometimes/usually possible. With Registered Mail in the US it is practically guaranteed. Note that it only applies when they actually know they lost it and certify it in writing as part of their claims process, and not just when the tracking fails to say delivered.

I have only had this happen once before - USPS certified a shipment was lost - and then 3 months later it actually came back to me as "unclaimed". But I replaced that order.

I think what I am going to do is, when I get all these initial orders shipped, I may wait to fund them so that the FIRST funding transaction funds as many as possible, to give them "first batch" distinction. That might mean that those who get them the quickest might have to wait 7-10 days for me to fund them to let others catch up.  I'm curious on others' opinions.  If I don't do this, then only US buyers would have a chance to get "first batch" coins because theirs will arrive the fastest.

If I do this, I will at least publish where the funds are, so everyone can see they're just sitting there and not accruing "interest" in a ponzi scheme.

(These won't have incrementing addresses like my newest brass coins do... I will just be using the 1Ag* addresses I already generated long ago, in truly random order, since I have so many of them that aren't used)

vip

one that lists the coins you did NOT fund due to loss or theft.  should be much, much shorter.

I know smoothie is no Mike, but all of mikes coins get funded once they get to the wild even if lost/stolen.

The point of this for Mike was to be a physical BTC coin that could be trusted in trade when internet was not around. You can't get a "real fake".

I understand smoothie might be doing something different and expects people to only use this as a collectable and never resell them.

Anyway, it is nice that he was very clear on his policy so we know what we are getting.

(This is assuming the coins get stolen/lost before they reach the original buyer.)

I don't have time to do a google search for you but all coins get funded. (Exception might be the 2fa coins). There are none in the wild that have not been funded.

If so it would be nice to "steal" ones own package so you truly had something rare.
legendary

vip

Pages:
Jump to: