Pages:
Author

Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!! - page 32. (Read 133714 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
Concerning the possibility of lost coins/stolen coins. I am tinkering with the idea of funding them anyway just to give confidence in my brand of coins. But I haven't made a final decision on this yet.

So far there haven't been any stolen coins in the past few years as far as I am aware (or lost ones via registered mail).

At the moment I am concentrating on getting orders out in a secure manner.

Future batches will likely have a vanitgen address to decipher different batches of coins much like Mike does. This is a good idea in keeping things simple when something goes lost.

I too agree most people wont check the public list or block explorer especially people who are just learning about bitcoin/litecoin etc.
I'm glad you are considering this.

What has made Mike's coins so valuable is the confidence in his brand that has come from him being meticulous at every step.

The hologram is a very important part - an official hologram should guarantee the coin has been funded by Mike (or with Lealana coins, you).
Activity: 207
Merit: 120

Mine, to Spain, just says: Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

which is OK, maybe it's not in the system as yet, or doesn't show for international registered mail, with Casascius's shipping the tracking worked up until it got to NY or LA ports for international orders.

For what its worth I got the same message and I am in the states. But I've never had much luck with the usps tracking, most of the time the website isn't updated until the day its going to arrive anyway. Which makes it pretty much worthless IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
Glad to hear that you're considering funding all coins even if a rare few may go astray, for large-ish orders you could always insure them for cost price so if that happened then there would be no monetary loss, or if not then just allow for the possibility of it happening & adjust the price a little to cover it afterwards if it ever happened.

Received my shipping notification Smiley maybe include also the USPS tracking URL with these: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action

Mine, to Spain, just says: Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

which is OK, maybe it's not in the system as yet, or doesn't show for international registered mail, with Casascius's shipping the tracking worked up until it got to NY or LA ports for international orders.

let uis know how much the customs cost was...
If it's minimal, I may consider buying, but i'm still not very excited because of the price...
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
Glad to hear that you're considering funding all coins even if a rare few may go astray, for large-ish orders you could always insure them for cost price so if that happened then there would be no monetary loss, or if not then just allow for the possibility of it happening & adjust the price a little to cover it afterwards if it ever happened.

Received my shipping notification Smiley maybe include also the USPS tracking URL with these: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
USPS screwed me, delivery date was supposed to be today. Guess I will have to wait till tomorrow to receive my precious  Roll Eyes
same here...

Shipping to and from Hawaii has it's quirks. It will be there soon.  Smiley

So where are you at on inventory?  How many have been sold?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
USPS screwed me, delivery date was supposed to be today. Guess I will have to wait till tomorrow to receive my precious  Roll Eyes
same here...

Shipping to and from Hawaii has it's quirks. It will be there soon.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1064
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency
same here...
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021
vip
Activity: 840

Concerning the possibility of lost coins/stolen coins. I am tinkering with the idea of funding them anyway just to give confidence in my brand of coins. But I haven't made a final decision on this yet.

So far there haven't been any stolen coins in the past few years as far as I am aware (or lost ones via registered mail).

Future batches will likely have a vanitgen address to decipher different batches of coins much like Mike does. This is a good idea in keeping things simple when something goes lost.

I too agree most people wont check the public list or block explorer especially people who are just learning about bitcoin/litecoin etc.

I'm glad you agree. Also if you do change your policy to "fund all the coins" it would be nice if you let the customer pick when they would like the coins funded.

And yes, we all know if we do not like your policy we don't have to buy from you, you made that more than clear.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Your order has shipped
Awesome thanks!
legendary
So, when you ship do you PM here or email?

I will PM here.

Once I get my site up and running it will likely be all via email from then on.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
So, when you ship do you PM here or email?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
all issued coins should be funded imo or the brand will suffer disproportionately, yours or Casascius's both

they should be funded after shipping/receipt in order to avoid excess customs hassle/duty

oh, i didn't know there was a customs/duty hassle.  in that case, i agree with you.

ultimately, this is still a great product and will highly desired as what we are talking about is an edge case.
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
all issued coins should be funded imo or the brand will suffer disproportionately, yours or Casascius's both

they should be funded after shipping/receipt in order to avoid excess customs hassle/duty
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
I think it is very important to clarify whether any coins could be sent out with a hologram on and yet end up not being funded.  

If we have to rely on checking the public address, what is the point of having a tamper-proof hologram?

The cost of funding a coin that may have been lost or stolen in the post is worth the benefit of having a whole circulation of coins that are guaranteed to be funded.

So far a package has not gotten stolen or lost. It's guaranteed to arrive for the most part being sent via registered mail.

The idea is to fund all coins but if a package never gets to the original buyer from me then there is no point in funding the coins.

So far mike has not had a package lost or stolen reported and never turned up at his address or the buyer's.

I suppose I could fund stolen coins but does that make any sense?

Curious on your folks' input.

well if it's pretty much guaranteed to arrive then the flipside argument would be then why not fund them before you ship if you have nothing to lose?

i'm just saying that it's probably more worth it to you to have all your customers assured that an intact hologram means what it's supposed to mean; a loaded coin.  the small losses due to theft is miniscule.

this is the fungibility argument that is so important to any BTC or LTC whether it be physical or virtual.

IMO this is really important.
Imagine one customer buying the stoled coins and after realizing they don't have litecoins inside :/
So you would buy one of these after a report of a stolen coin without looking up if the one offered is funded?  Undecided

Casascius did (don't know now) this with the international shipped coins also, I needed to confirm if I received mine and than they got funded.
Am I the only one who actually prefers this? In case of my coins getting lost I can still recover the LTC's. If they get stolen funded, I lose the coins and the LTC's.

but ultimately the value of your physical LTC's will be higher as the public will have greater confidence in the hologram security as it was intended to be.  if rumor gets around that it's "possible" for you to be passed an empty coin, you might not buy it.

also, not everyone will know they can check the address for the LTC on a public list.  in fact, most won't know to.
Activity: 683
Merit: 500
I think it is very important to clarify whether any coins could be sent out with a hologram on and yet end up not being funded.  

If we have to rely on checking the public address, what is the point of having a tamper-proof hologram?

The cost of funding a coin that may have been lost or stolen in the post is worth the benefit of having a whole circulation of coins that are guaranteed to be funded.

So far a package has not gotten stolen or lost. It's guaranteed to arrive for the most part being sent via registered mail.

The idea is to fund all coins but if a package never gets to the original buyer from me then there is no point in funding the coins.

So far mike has not had a package lost or stolen reported and never turned up at his address or the buyer's.

well if it's pretty much guaranteed to arrive then the flipside argument would be then why not fund them before you ship if you have nothing to lose?

i'm just saying that it's probably more worth it to you to have all your customers assured that an intact hologram means what it's supposed to mean; a loaded coin.  the small losses due to theft is miniscule.

this is the fungibility argument that is so important to any BTC or LTC whether it be physical or virtual.

Imagine one customer buying the stoled coins and after realizing they don't have litecoins inside :/
So you would buy one of these after a report of a stolen coin without looking up if the one offered is funded?  Undecided

Casascius did (don't know now) this with the international shipped coins also, I needed to confirm if I received mine and than they got funded.
Am I the only one who actually prefers this? In case of my coins getting lost I can still recover the LTC's. If they get stolen funded, I lose the coins and the LTC's.
legendary

Yeah I'm starting to see this as well.
legendary

Good point.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

Pages:
Jump to: