Pages:
Author

Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!! - page 35. (Read 133714 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Thumbs up from Casascius

"You may have heard that Noah Luis aka Smoothie on the Bitcointalk forums has released “Lealana Litecoins”, essentially a physical Litecoin similar to my offering. His current product is a half-ounce silver round loaded with 10 Litecoins, and is available for sale for both BTC and LTC directly from him. I support his efforts and am pleased to see what he has produced."

Most of the practices of assembling, shipping, and funding these coins I am mirroring from Casascius' own methodoligies and public info surrounding his coins. Although they may be a bit different in a few areas, they follow the same basic principles.

Smiley Thanks Mike.
legendary
The first bits address you will be able to look up on the litecoin block chain. This has always been an option to verify funds.

I will release a public list of funded addresses in the near future. This way you can cross check to see if the coin being resold (assuming you are buying from someone else besides me) does in fact have coins at the specified address.

Each coin comes with a certificate with the FULL ADDRESS of the coin too.

actually, the opposite list would probably be better.

one that lists the coins you did NOT fund due to loss or theft.  should be much, much shorter.

Currently it is longer but I see your point. Thanks for the suggestion.
legendary
I'm gearing up to ship out a second set of orders on Monday (HST) and throughout the rest of this week. You will receive your tracking number once I ship your order out.

Any orders that were made after July 12th may not ship until the week of the 22nd. It could ship before then, but no promises as I try to get through all of the current orders this week. Please keep that in mind when ordering.

There is one thing I would like to make clear on the funding of coin purchases.

ALL coins that are purchased from me will be funded AFTER I have verified with USPS that your package has been received by the addressed party in the shipping information you provided to me. Meaning they have signed for it.

This ensures that in the unlikely case your package goes missing or is stolen that the thief will not have access to the LTC that is to be stored in the coins. Also it ensures that the the person who it is addressed to actually gets the coins and cannot claim they never received them.

The problem with this is it could result in worthless coins "in the wild", breaking the assumption that "un-tampered hologram = legitimate coin". I assume you only do this if the shipping company assures you the package was lost, not in the case of buyer disputes? Also will you at least publish a list of valueless coins?

hmm, yeah, how would people know if theres coins on there?

Couldn't you check the loading address provided with your coins on the Litecoin block chain? Double check the address with smoothie's list to make sure it's a coin that he produced.

Given I will only have a few of these that have the "bulge" on the back with the hologram there will be a really short list. And as cypher just indicated in the above post, posting the unfunded addresses may be a shorter list. Then again currently the list is longer than the funded addresses. This will change in time as these coins get delivered to the buyers.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
The first bits address you will be able to look up on the litecoin block chain. This has always been an option to verify funds.

I will release a public list of funded addresses in the near future. This way you can cross check to see if the coin being resold (assuming you are buying from someone else besides me) does in fact have coins at the specified address.

actually, the opposite list would probably be better.

one that lists the coins you did NOT fund due to loss or theft.  should be much, much shorter.
legendary
I'm gearing up to ship out a second set of orders on Monday (HST) and throughout the rest of this week. You will receive your tracking number once I ship your order out.

Any orders that were made after July 12th may not ship until the week of the 22nd. It could ship before then, but no promises as I try to get through all of the current orders this week. Please keep that in mind when ordering.

ALL coins that are purchased from me will be funded AFTER I have verified with USPS that your package has been received by the addressed party in the shipping information you provided to me. Meaning they have signed for it.

This ensures that in the unlikely case your package goes missing or is stolen that the thief will not have access to the LTC that is to be stored in the coins. Also it ensures that the the person who it is addressed to actually gets the coins and cannot claim they never received them.

The problem with this is it could result in worthless coins "in the wild", breaking the assumption that "un-tampered hologram = legitimate coin". I assume you only do this if the shipping company assures you the package was lost, not in the case of buyer disputes? Also will you at least publish a list of valueless coins?

USPS requires me to box each package with tamper-evident paper tape on all openings on each package. The contents are valid as I packaged them unless USPS does notify me that a package was lost or not delivered. This is the most secure way for me to send the coins through mail aside from doing in-person transactions.

The public list of funded addresses to be released will eliminate any worthless coins "in the wild" scenario of being an issue.

Simply put: before you purchase coins from anyone else that are created by me, verify the address on the coins with the public list (to be released).

legendary

Should be an opt out option for people who want it. It is 20 LTC.... We should be able to take the risk if we want to...   :/

Currently this already exists. The opt out option is to not purchase coins from me and to READ THE OP of the thread in its entirety before purchasing.
legendary

donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
Thumbs up from Casascius

"You may have heard that Noah Luis aka Smoothie on the Bitcointalk forums has released “Lealana Litecoins”, essentially a physical Litecoin similar to my offering. His current product is a half-ounce silver round loaded with 10 Litecoins, and is available for sale for both BTC and LTC directly from him. I support his efforts and am pleased to see what he has produced."
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
In Gord We Trust

Couldn't you check the loading address provided with your coins on the Litecoin block chain? Double check the address with smoothie's list to make sure it's a coin that he produced.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

legendary
Activity: 1792

This is a very good point.
tlr
Activity: 86
Merit: 10

vip
Activity: 840

Should be an opt out option for people who want it. It is 20 LTC.... We should be able to take the risk if we want to...   :/

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
smoothie, do you expect to sell out with the current 2 coin per customer limit or are you considering raising it?

hey weex, i love your avatar!
Activity: 168
are there any left to order?

There should be plenty left.
legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
are there any left to order?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
Smothie, answer my pm plz
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
no tracking info so far. :-/
Activity: 168
Waiting patiently ! Smiley

( Not really though, got no nails left to bite )
Pages:
Jump to: