Pages:
Author

Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!! - page 40. (Read 133714 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Just don't buy them and move along.  Who cares the cost compared to fiat... He is charging LTC and BTC not fiat.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Just be fair smoothie. If you can ship a coin for $11 don't charge 4 times the price or 6 or whatever.

It is sort of ironic, these coins represent freedom from repressive systems... or so I thought....

He only wants to ship registered mail so people can't complain they never got it, even if they did. That costs more than $11.

This is used all the time to ship silver coins. It is insured to $400. If it is insured, isn't it essentially the same thing? If it wasn't wouldn't people just say I never got it and collect $$$?

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Just be fair smoothie. If you can ship a coin for $11 don't charge 4 times the price or 6 or whatever.

It is sort of ironic, these coins represent freedom from repressive systems... or so I thought....

He only wants to ship registered mail so people can't complain they never got it, even if they did. That costs more than $11.
legendary
Antifragile

I apologize if you feel I ignored your post or did not answer your question.

The past few days, including today, have been very busy for me. Keeping up with this thread and the other thread on the other forum plus the PMs isnt a time-free set of tasks.

Let me ask you a question: Have you seen the price of Casascius' coin shipping? He charges much more than I do per coin even when ordering a dozen. I'm only charging what I feel the market will pay. Hence my comment about it being the free market.

You asked me "why not just sell the shipping at the cost". Well that is a bit difficult to always do given the fluctuation in BTC and LTC. So I set a price, that is the price. I'll make adjustments as time goes on.

Which then brings me to my statement I think is a fair one: Please don't buy my coins if you feel my prices are too high. It is a simple concept.

Thank you for the interest, even if I may not have answered your question the way you wanted me to the first 1, 2, 3 times.  Smiley

Thanks for the replies Smoothie.

I am aware are Casascius' shipping charge. A couple of points, most of us buy them on Ebay and we never have to deal with these shipping charges (if we do we buy in bulk and become a reseller on Ebay - I think).
2nd, are you aware of logical fallacies? By bringing up another seller you got into that area. Two that I can think of "Appealing to the poplular" as well as "Appealing to tradition". The point isn't what others do, the
point is what is the right and nice thing to do. It is normal on this planet to have war, but that is a bad argument to have war. "But John has a Nintendo, so why can't I have one?", and on and on...

Lastly, I guess I'm in a false dilemma (""Giving two choices when in actuality there could be more choices possible."
There are only 2 choices - Either buy my coins or don't...

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
BTC and LTC price changes drastically, hence the change in price.

I have denominated the shipping in terms of BTC and LTC. I do not see a problem with that.

I've asked the same question twice and you have avoided it twice. I didn't ask about the shipping cost's denomination. I posted the shipping cost from USPS.

Why are you charging 4X the shipping cost (now), and originally 6X? It doesn't cost anywhere near what you are charging. I'm just asking for some honesty here as a customer.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just charge what it is? That protects BOTH the buyer and seller.

To quote myself:

When this thread started on June 26th BTC was just over $100. That would mean a shipping price of (.62X$103) = $67. USPS's top shipping charge that I saw was around $50.
The current price of BTC is not around $70, which would put the shipping rate at (.62X$70) = $43

I calculated out that the cost roughly to ship the two coins and the case within the U.S. would be $25 with registered mail. So I put a buffer on that based on the BTC/LTC fiat price.

Do the same with international shipping via priority mail and registered mail and you get a price closer to $40 if not more. Also put a buffer there.

Does this answer your question?

Aside from that there really isnt anything left to explain on the shipping costs other than, it is the price I am charging. You don't have to buy my coins as I've stated many time previous to this.

This is the free-market. If people decide I am charging too much I will get the message and may make changes. Technically I don't have to sell these coins if I dont want to. I choose to because the point of the coins is to get people who dont understand cryptocurrency in the virtual form to understand it in a physical form.

So, after 3 times asking the same question, fist time getting completely ignored & 2nd time getting an evasive answer, and I now get 3 - "You don't have to buy my coins as I've stated many time previous to this.", "This is the free-market.", etc.
What? This is how you talk to customers? I've dealt with many sellers before and they are 100% cooperative with shipping pricing. I've never experienced this before. I'm a bit confused actually. Do you realize that by being nicer to the customer you will get more customers? Maybe you will make your money anyway, but wouldn't it be better to get more of these out there?

I didn't say you were charging too much for the coins, it is the shipping. Don't try to confuse the question. I am being explicitly clear. Charge more for the coins if you want and make the shipping price what it is.

I was just asking a question that would benefit everyone. Better and lower rates for you and us. Charging so much for shipping (if we are only buying 2 - the limit I thought?) makes it a huge % of the coin cost.
Oh, and you'll lower the rate if sales aren't so great??? Why not just find a shipping charge that is reasonable. I posted the image and I know it is true because it is all over Ebay. Insured to $400. Mine arrived in one week from the States to Germany.

Further you don't have to tell my why you are doing this. I truly appreciate you making these coins, honestly. It is a GREAT service to us. But you don't have to justify your shipping costs with justification for making the coins.

Thanks for your time regardless and good luck to you. I do hope to purchase your coins anyway but I'll just hope for a more reasonable shipping rate. (Perhaps once the price of BTC comes down a bit more.)
IAS

I apologize if you feel I ignored your post or did not answer your question.

The past few days, including today, have been very busy for me. Keeping up with this thread and the other thread on the other forum plus the PMs isnt a time-free set of tasks.

Let me ask you a question: Have you seen the price of Casascius' coin shipping? He charges much more than I do per coin even when ordering a dozen. I'm only charging what I feel the market will pay. Hence my comment about it being the free market.

You asked me "why not just sell the shipping at the cost". Well that is a bit difficult to always do given the fluctuation in BTC and LTC. So I set a price, that is the price. I'll make adjustments as time goes on.

Which then brings me to my statement I think is a fair one: Please don't buy my coins if you feel my prices are too high. It is a simple concept.

Thank you for the interest, even if I may not have answered your question the way you wanted me to the first 1, 2, 3 times.  Smiley
legendary
Antifragile

I have denominated the shipping in terms of BTC and LTC. I do not see a problem with that.

I've asked the same question twice and you have avoided it twice. I didn't ask about the shipping cost's denomination. I posted the shipping cost from USPS.

Why are you charging 4X the shipping cost (now), and originally 6X? It doesn't cost anywhere near what you are charging. I'm just asking for some honesty here as a customer.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just charge what it is? That protects BOTH the buyer and seller.

To quote myself:

When this thread started on June 26th BTC was just over $100. That would mean a shipping price of (.62X$103) = $67. USPS's top shipping charge that I saw was around $50.
The current price of BTC is not around $70, which would put the shipping rate at (.62X$70) = $43

I calculated out that the cost roughly to ship the two coins and the case within the U.S. would be $25 with registered mail. So I put a buffer on that based on the BTC/LTC fiat price.

Do the same with international shipping via priority mail and registered mail and you get a price closer to $40 if not more. Also put a buffer there.

Aside from that there really isnt anything left to explain on the shipping costs other than, it is the price I am charging. You don't have to buy my coins as I've stated many time previous to this.

This is the free-market. If people decide I am charging too much I will get the message and may make changes. Technically I don't have to sell these coins if I dont want to. I choose to because the point of the coins is to get people who dont understand cryptocurrency in the virtual form to understand it in a physical form.

So, after 3 times asking the same question, fist time getting completely ignored & 2nd time getting an evasive answer, and I now get 3 - "You don't have to buy my coins as I've stated many time previous to this.", "This is the free-market.", etc.
What? This is how you talk to customers? I've dealt with many sellers before and they are 100% cooperative with shipping pricing. I've never experienced this before. I'm a bit confused actually. Do you realize that by being nicer to the customer you will get more customers? Maybe you will make your money anyway, but wouldn't it be better to get more of these out there?

I didn't say you were charging too much for the coins, it is the shipping. Don't try to confuse the question. I am being explicitly clear. Charge more for the coins if you want and make the shipping price what it is.

I was just asking a question that would benefit everyone. Better and lower rates for you and us. Charging so much for shipping (if we are only buying 2 - the limit I thought?) makes it a huge % of the coin cost.
Oh, and you'll lower the rate if sales aren't so great??? Why not just find a shipping charge that is reasonable. I posted the image and I know it is true because it is all over Ebay. Insured to $400. Mine arrived in one week from the States to Germany.

Further you don't have to tell my why you are doing this. I truly appreciate you making these coins, honestly. It is a GREAT service to us. But you don't have to justify your shipping costs with justification for making the coins.

Thanks for your time regardless and good luck to you. I do hope to purchase your coins anyway but I'll just hope for a more reasonable shipping rate. (Perhaps once the price of BTC comes down a bit more.)
IAS
legendary

To quote myself:

legendary
Antifragile

To quote myself:

legendary

legendary
Antifragile
Thanks for the information Smoothie.

You didn't answer my question about shipping though.
I just checked on the USPS website and it confirms the shipping rate of silver coins on Ebay.com to Germany.

All I'm saying is why not charge what the shipping actually is or just charge more for the coin?

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Somnium
I never ignored you smoothie and im glad i dident Cheesy
Activity: 59
I think Id rather have the coin funded when I make a purchase, rather than wait and hope again it gets funded, after waiting eagerly to see if I get the coins in the first place.

If the coin is pre-funded and somehow gets lost in the mail, there is a risk that someone else now has access to the private key. A replacement would require shipping a new coin and funding an additional wallet address.

I believe Casascius shipped coins unfunded but would fund them regardless of if they were lost so you could trust that every unopened coin held its declared BTC value.
legendary
Smart move, selling these right before LTC hits MtGox Wink

It is truly a coincidence. Honest. I started design/production about 2 months ago. So it was merely just perfect timing, inadvertently.

Smiley

This is a big reason why I have decided to wait these out. I feel that LTC has scope to rise by a good margin, so im going to keep my LTCs unspent.

I respect that. Thank you for your honesty without the trolling/immaturity.  Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

It is truly a coincidence. Honest. I started design/production about 2 months ago. So it was merely just perfect timing, inadvertently.

Smiley

This is a big reason why I have decided to wait these out. I feel that LTC has scope to rise by a good margin, so im going to keep my LTCs unspent.
Activity: 41
I think Id rather have the coin funded when I make a purchase, rather than wait and hope again it gets funded, after waiting eagerly to see if I get the coins in the first place.

If the coin is pre-funded and somehow gets lost in the mail, there is a risk that someone else now has access to the private key. A replacement would require shipping a new coin and funding an additional wallet address.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
"Ignorance never settles a question."
Beautiful coins smoothie. I would be interested in picking up 2, shipped to Germany.

Just a few questions:

For those of us that live in Europe we have to pay a VAT Tax (I think like 20%). It doesn't make sense to pay a tax on a currency. Also, the customs VAT Tax includes shipping in its calculation, a double whammy.
Would it be possible to have the receipt made out for the value of the coin without the LTC or could we have the option of self funding the coin ourselves ?

I've ordered silver coins from America before and you can definitely find shipping to Europe, insured, for pretty cheap. I just checked on Ebay.com (you can quickly verify) and found this:
Using USPS 1/2 ounce silver coins ship at $7.00 - $10.00 to Germany. (And many actually have free shipping).

It seems like you have a price of 28 and 25 LTC listed on the first page. Is the 2nd on the latest?

Thanks,
IAS

ps -

Yes I will only be declaring the coin value. The coins will be unfunded until they are confirmed to have been received. No LTC value will be declared given that the LTC will not be in the coin anyway.

Concerning price the 28 LTC price is most current given the recent fluctuations in price of LTC and BTC.
legendary

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
legendary
Beautiful coins smoothie. I would be interested in picking up 2, shipped to Germany.

Just a few questions:

For those of us that live in Europe we have to pay a VAT Tax (I think like 20%). It doesn't make sense to pay a tax on a currency. Also, the customs VAT Tax includes shipping in its calculation, a double whammy.
Would it be possible to have the receipt made out for the value of the coin without the LTC or could we have the option of self funding the coin ourselves ?

I've ordered silver coins from America before and you can definitely find shipping to Europe, insured, for pretty cheap. I just checked on Ebay.com (you can quickly verify) and found this:
Using USPS 1/2 ounce silver coins ship at $7.00 - $10.00 to Germany. (And many actually have free shipping).

It seems like you have a price of 28 and 25 LTC listed on the first page. Is the 2nd on the latest?

Thanks,
IAS

ps -

Yes I will only be declaring the coin value. The coins will be unfunded until they are confirmed to have been received. No LTC value will be declared given that the LTC will not be in the coin anyway.

Concerning price the 28 LTC price is most current given the recent fluctuations in price of LTC and BTC.
legendary
I will believe it when people receive them  Smiley

smoothie you gotta jack up the price for the second batch then...

I will look at the demand and gauge it there. So far the demand has been quite high.

My view is to only expand and ramp up more production in the coming weeks and months.

Stay tuned.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: