Pages:
Author

Topic: Learn from your mistakes - page 25. (Read 4085 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
July 20, 2018, 03:18:24 PM
Every mistake has its lessons. When you make a mistake, there are three things you should do: admit it, learn from it and do not repeat it.
Ever since i had been in this space, i have only been used to bitcoin, ethereum, NEO, waves, tokens that use their platform and some other very common coins, but just this week was my first time of transacting fully on XLM platform.
I got a token that uses the platform of Stellar (XLM) and i was able to trade the token into XLM on their decentralized exchange.
My mistake came in when i was about to transfer the XLM, to be traded into BTC on another exchange.
I thought the process of transfer would be the one i had been used to, not knowing that i was supposed to include a "MEMO".
I eventually transferred it, waited for hour, but found nothing.
I was bothered.
It was in that process i got to know that memo was to be included. That was my mistake.
I admitted i had made the mistake.
The lesson i learnt is to always study every thing first (both new and old, because old things can still change), before jumping into it.
This mistake i have made up my mind to never repeat again.

I AM SHARING THIS FOR YOU TO LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES AND FROM YOURS.

Thanks for your audience.
The best thing about making mistakes is you will learned from it. In crypto mistakes is inevitable especially for newbies. I have my shares of mistakes regarding exchanges. I transferred some tokens in Hitbtc not knowing less 100 tokens are not tradable. And I wasn't aware of it and now I will not do the same mistakes again.

Since you mentioned Hitbtc, I also did some mistakes on that trading platform myself. I guess everyone here has made mistakes during their journey on crypto trading, but its how we manage to go over that humps and totally forgot that mistakes and learn from it. At least the OP has good intentions so that those newbies would be careful on dealing with that coins. That's why this community is built, to share our journey even that small mistakes of ours so that together we can learn from them.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
July 20, 2018, 02:48:07 PM
Every mistake has its lessons. When you make a mistake, there are three things you should do: admit it, learn from it and do not repeat it.
Ever since i had been in this space, i have only been used to bitcoin, ethereum, NEO, waves, tokens that use their platform and some other very common coins, but just this week was my first time of transacting fully on XLM platform.
I got a token that uses the platform of Stellar (XLM) and i was able to trade the token into XLM on their decentralized exchange.
My mistake came in when i was about to transfer the XLM, to be traded into BTC on another exchange.
I thought the process of transfer would be the one i had been used to, not knowing that i was supposed to include a "MEMO".
I was bothered.
It was in that process i got to know that memo was to be included. That was my mistake.
The lesson i learnt is to always study every thing first (both new and old, because old things can still change), before jumping into it.

The best thing about making mistakes is you will learned from it. In crypto mistakes is inevitable especially for newbies. I have my shares of mistakes regarding exchanges. I transferred some tokens in Hitbtc not knowing less 100 tokens are not tradable. And I wasn't aware of it and now I will not do the same mistakes again.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
July 20, 2018, 02:38:46 PM
You are absolutely right man . I agree with you completely. Every mistake include a step for your development.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
July 20, 2018, 02:33:57 PM
Thank you for sharing. Just curious whether the exchange indicate that you have to write the memo in withdrawal page?

I made a similar mistake but much cheaper than yours. I withdraw Neo from an exchange and forgot that it has to be sent in whole number. The withdrawal went through and I lost around 0.6 Neo.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
July 20, 2018, 02:32:02 PM
I shoulda sold some coins when they were at all time highs and then bought back at the massive discounted dips. Now i am a hodler haha
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
July 20, 2018, 02:30:43 PM
This is a big lesson to everyone of us. It is rear for you to find someone who makes a mistake and comes here to share it with those on this forum to benefit from. This will surely be helpful. It reminds me of my first mistake on exchange, where is mistakenly placed a higher buy price than what the seller for a coin asked for. It was really painful, but i learn my lessons to be very careful and not to make such and other mistakes that can be avoided.
Activity: 152
Merit: 12
July 20, 2018, 02:27:31 PM
It is always good to learn from them, but you need to understand that sometimes it is unlikely going to happen because the human body is always doing exactly the same (only that with some modifications on the actuality) so it is always the same
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
July 20, 2018, 02:24:19 PM
Yea. Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone. Such mistakes are sometimes common anyway especially when you have been doing that same thing repeatedly in the past. You may not easily observe a difference in it. But I hope every other person learn from this. I have never transacted on XLM before, but I will be careful whenever I get there.
Activity: 364
July 20, 2018, 02:22:35 PM
The main rule is that you need to learn from someone else's mistakes, but this does not always work out so you need to lose money yourself and only then will the lesson be learned, I also had a lot of falls in this market, but I did not drop my hands and traded further.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
July 20, 2018, 02:16:18 PM
I was bothered.

Thanks for the share. I was not aware of what you have describe. Maybe I was not a XLM guy so I'm not familiar with what you describe. Its really a hard and expensive lessons to learn. At least you have admitted to your mistakes that you should include Memo and I'm under the impression that everything was lost already. I myself had mistakes in the past. Didn't check the address that I was supposed to transfer to. Now I always double or triple check before sending out. I hope that community has learn from your mistakes and doesn't repeat it again.
Activity: 91
July 20, 2018, 02:15:00 PM
It's really normal to have a mistake but if that would happen again and again, it is not good! Here in Crypto you are prone with MISTAKES! sometimes you thought that it is the best way to do, but you end up losing! Like in Investment on your first try you invest all your money then eventually the project fails, so you lose your money without any income received, so better next time to think twice or a hundred times before you proceed in a decision that would really benefited you in the future. Learn from it
Activity: 224
July 20, 2018, 02:06:52 PM
Yes learning from the mistakes is very important because no one is successful without error, I learned a lot from my mistake when trading my token by selling it at cheap price, I have to learn to be patient and must be smart to analyze the price of altcoins movement.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 102
July 20, 2018, 02:06:19 PM
I was bothered.

i don't get the whole message, after sending it to exchange without using MEMO, did your coin disappear or what, what is the implication of not using  MEMO.
Activity: 227
July 20, 2018, 02:06:01 PM
I made a big mistake when I was a newbie. I have read that someone on Facebook introduced a new exchange, where the price of bitcoin is much different than exchange rates. I would like to make money with some simple steps. I do not know, in that exchange they just keep the price of bitcoin so high, to entice the newbie as I deposit money into. I could not withdraw my money.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
July 20, 2018, 02:05:39 PM
Unfortunately, in our world this is really so, because I had a situation that I did not learn how to copy a link to my profile and a successful company did not count my tokens...
Activity: 672
July 20, 2018, 02:01:37 PM
I think the fact of life is that most times the greatest lessons we learn which usually stick are the ones we learn from the mistakes we make and it will be wishful thinking for anyone to assume they will never make a mistake but the question will always be whether anything was learnt from such experience
Activity: 1260
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
July 20, 2018, 01:46:02 PM
and I am very grateful to you for reminding us.
I have never transacted via XLN,
from time to time the rules of each exchange will always be a change and essentially we are all obliged to read the steps we must do before our mistake while in ..
fvb
Activity: 1470
Merit: 13
July 20, 2018, 01:36:20 PM
When you made a mistake, the main thing is not to be disappointed and not to drop your hands.  Draw conclusions and continue on.  Mistakes happen to everyone.  We must go forward.
Activity: 854
July 20, 2018, 01:29:46 PM
You are right OP and thanks for sharing this, by making us to learn from it. There is no one that has not made mistake in this crypto world. Whoever has not made mistake is still very new and might be shying away from taking risks. Our mistakes are meant to take us higher in our voyage in the crypto space.
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
July 20, 2018, 01:22:45 PM
I also made mistakes, and some of them were too expensive for me!
1) I didn't immediately buy myself a hardware wallet. I was stolen from the MEW by several altcoins for a large sum. Now I have a Trezor!
2) I made a deposit on the OKEX exchange immediately after registration, without having broken the rules of the trade. It turned out that to withdraw funds it is necessary to pass the KYC. I couldn't get through the KYC for about 3 weeks. Now I always read the rules of the exchange.
Pages:
Jump to: