Pages:
Author

Topic: Ledger Nano X Battery Pandemic - page 4. (Read 1706 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
January 01, 2022, 04:24:29 PM
If that turns out to be true, then they really need to set their priorities straight [scammers will surely try to capitalize on this situation]!
I don't know anyone who purchased Nano X device recently so I can't verify that, but it would be interesting to get in contact with Kraken dev team who tested many hardware wallet devices.
I would love to see one more teardown and review from them, or from some other similar team (Not counting ledger donjon obviously).

The Nano X has become a suck fest of a hardware wallet to the point that there is no more turning back. I am so glad that I got the Nano S a few years ago and was never tempted to acquire version X. More precisely, the older generations seem OK. It's these new ones that are completely messed up. They should just get rid of it and replace it with the Nano S Plus. They obviously don't know how to fix the problem or are looking for the cheapest possible solution that turns out not to be a solution at all but the birth of new problems. 
It is a total suck fest, and I never saw any other hardware wallet with so many problems like Nano X, but they have good advertisement and people still buy it.
I hope that new model S plus will fix some of this problems because it doesn't have any battery, but only if it doesn't adopt anything from model X.
It sure is going to be very interesting next few months in hardware wallet world, and I can't wait to hear feedback from people.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
January 01, 2022, 03:50:11 PM
The Nano X has become a suck fest of a hardware wallet to the point that there is no more turning back. I am so glad that I got the Nano S a few years ago and was never tempted to acquire version X. More precisely, the older generations seem OK. It's these new ones that are completely messed up. They should just get rid of it and replace it with the Nano S Plus. They obviously don't know how to fix the problem or are looking for the cheapest possible solution that turns out not to be a solution at all but the birth of new problems.  
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
January 01, 2022, 03:26:29 PM
Maybe good indicator will be when they start to send devices with new logo, this would mean that old ones will be gone.
You have a point, but judging by how they've continuously lied about this particular issue, I wouldn't be surprised to see them just re-paint the sliding covers with their new logo...

If you think that battery problems are over, I have to disappoint you and say that it is NOT over, and they are now trying to fix this with gluing battery to the PCB... yes you heard it right.
Bad thing about this is that it's not possible anymore to verify if device was tempered from inside or not...
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/rra66g/new_ledgers_glued_to_battery/
If that turns out to be true, then they really need to set their priorities straight [scammers will surely try to capitalize on this situation]!
legendary
Cashback 15%
January 01, 2022, 11:51:16 AM
New Year and New problems for Ledger Nano X devices and their owners, as more people report this new Mirror Bug pandemic with reversed characters on screen.
Official ledger account confirmed that problem is real (it's not someone making fake images like Pmalek did  Cheesy) and they plan to fix this in their new firmware version 2.0.2.

Set up a new device and it's bugged out with the text mirrored, anyway to reset? Can't move the menu
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/rszvfm/set_up_a_new_device_and_its_bugged_out_with_the/

1st day of use and got strange screen errors
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/rs4g4t/1st_day_of_use_and_got_strange_sceen_errors/

One more issue is with Power Surge like reported by one user, showing what a mess full of bugs Nano X is...
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/rt3itc/ledger_nano_x_power_surge/

If you think that battery problems are over, I have to disappoint you and say that it is NOT over, and they are now trying to fix this with gluing battery to the PCB... yes you heard it right.
Bad thing about this is that it's not possible anymore to verify if device was tempered from inside or not...
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/rra66g/new_ledgers_glued_to_battery/
legendary
Cashback 15%
December 30, 2021, 08:23:22 AM
Yeah, they are still sending bad devices and I guess this will continue until they start to improve their quality check at factory facility.
Maybe good indicator will be when they start to send devices with new logo, this would mean that old ones will be gone.

It will be hard to edit. Even if it is moved, of course, the background that has overwritten the text will not be the same.
Hard to edit, and I am sure editing was not the case this time because we see more people with same problem.

One more evidence that this bug and glitch with screen is real, and it's happening to more and more people.
Like I said before, it is all related with power and battery, so they are suggesting to let the battery drains till device shuts off itself.
After that you can connect your device with computer, and if same thing repeat contact ledger support.
Good luck to anyone wasting money buying for this garbage...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/rravw5/ledger_wallet_glitched_out_any_way_to_force/
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2852
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
December 30, 2021, 05:47:38 AM
-snip- original image posted by imm_uol1819 is legit.
I checked the Ledger Nano X photo posted by imm_uol1819 on Reddit by increasing the light level of the image using Photoshop.
Here are the results:

It looks like behind there is an image like a smartphone camera to take the photo. There are no parts that look cut off due to the editing process.

Compare this with the image Pmalek made below:

It will be hard to edit. Even if it is moved, of course, the background that has overwritten the text will not be the same.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 30, 2021, 04:07:35 AM
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work either. It's only showing me an error message saying that Wayback Machine has not yet achieved or indexed the video yet. Too bad.
It'll work in a few days... Sorry, I should've been clearer with my note [my bad]:
  • When you archive a YouTube video on "Wayback Machine", you'll see a "note" beneath the archived link that says the following thing:

It may take a few days for YouTube videos to become available for playback.

Update:

Another proof that they're still shipping faulty products [SMH]: DOA ledger nano x
legendary
December 30, 2021, 03:28:25 AM
You're in luck [someone else already archived the first one]: Link
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work either. It's only showing me an error message saying that Wayback Machine has not yet achieved or indexed the video yet. Too bad.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 29, 2021, 12:11:51 PM
or archive them online as a backup archive (I might start doing that).
You're in luck [someone else already archived the first one]: Link [* update: It'll appear in a few days]
Note: I did a test and it seems it takes a few days for Youtube videos to appear on that website: Screenshot

It appears that the never-ending battery issue is back:

I believe this is the first time that I've ever seen "special effects appear on its screen" Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1123
December 29, 2021, 10:03:25 AM
For the picture of the weird text on the ledger:
You literally just have to flip the image horizontally so I don't know whats up with that Cheesy

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/rqdurs/was_setting_it_up_for_the_first_time_and_this/ flipped 180° horizontally

@dkbit98 thanks, I will do that.
legendary
Cashback 15%
December 29, 2021, 09:56:37 AM
hey @dkbit98 do you mind me quotin/posting your infos on our german ledger information/update Thread ?
I don't wanna steal/plagiate so I will fully quote your post. I just figured I'd ask beforehand but most of the germans won't see this Thread Smiley
Hey sam00, sorry I just saw now saw your message.
Sure you can use any information found in my topics and post them in your local board, just post who the original source was.
Cheers Wink

I wasn't able to watch the videos, seems like the uploader has deleted them already.
Yeah he did delete those videos, but you can still find his post on reddit.
It's a shame I didn't download those short videos, or archive them online as a backup archive (I might start doing that).
legendary
December 29, 2021, 09:24:02 AM
I see you have good skills in making fake stuff, so can you please reproduce that video with jackpot running numbers when entering pin code, can't wait to see that...  Cheesy
I wasn't able to watch the videos, seems like the uploader has deleted them already.

Please check reputation, registration day and post history of  reddit account imm_uol1819 who posted that image.
He is not some jocker doing mirror images like you did, and other guy shevek65 said that same thing happened to him when he used a wall charger.
Reputation means very little. Ledger had a good reputation before they pissed all over it. All I am saying is images can be faked. Whether or not they are, is a different story. The possibility of that happening is there. People can shill all kinds of things for various reasons. Rivals make their competitors look bad in all spheres of life. 

This is probably some power issue and because most people use PC connection they don't have so many reports about this.
Yeah, that could be it.
legendary
Cashback 15%
December 29, 2021, 05:35:15 AM
Dude that looks fake. What is that? A Ledger turned upside down with the screen and text mirrored?
The Nano X is upside down. That black button is supposed to go on the left. The metal cover part goes on the right.
I see you have good skills in making fake stuff, so can you please reproduce that video with jackpot running numbers when entering pin code, can't wait to see that...  Cheesy
Please check reputation, registration day and post history of  reddit account imm_uol1819 who posted that image.
He is not some jocker doing mirror images like you did, and other guy shevek65 said that same thing happened to him when he used a wall charger.
This is probably some power issue and because most people use PC connection they don't have so many reports about this.
Same thing happened me. Used a wall charger too. The screensaver icons looked a bit glitchy and some text was the same as yours, backwards. Seems fine now though. I have transferred bitcoin into it with no issues.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/rqdurs/comment/hq9q50u/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

PS
Using fotoforensics.com website I can clearly see that your image is edited, and original image posted by imm_uol1819 is legit.
Pixels tell the truth in this case, so you can spend days or months for this, but editing will still show up if you know how to look corectly.
Oh and you forgot some metadata on your photo...so better watch out about that in future Smiley

vs
legendary
December 29, 2021, 04:45:39 AM
This is the result when I flipped it horizontally > Then rotated it 180°: Result [something is definitely off]
This is done in shitty paint in literally 1 minute without paying any attention to the details. I have some basic Photoshop skills and I could make it better of course. Imagine working on the image for a few hours to make it look perfect and crystal clear. You can obviously see the copy-pasted box that I just pasted in. With enough time and skills, that's easily fixed.

legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 29, 2021, 04:35:15 AM
Here is youtube video of first Ledger Nano X Bug, showing crazy fast jackpot number countdown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53FiVDKKV_w
They should change their current tagline to something along the lines of "not just an ordinary wallet, protects your wealth while improving your speed and accuracy" Cheesy

Dude that looks fake. What is that? A Ledger turned upside down with the screen and text mirrored?
The Nano X is upside down. That black button is supposed to go on the left. The metal cover part goes on the right.
@Pmalek
I had the same feeling earlier, but after someone mentioned "you can change the orientation in the settings", I tried to find the correct orientation for the text, and the black button still appeared on the right side...

• This is the result when I flipped it horizontally > Then rotated it 180°: Result [something is definitely off]
legendary
December 29, 2021, 04:05:09 AM
@dkbit98

See how Ledger just broke my Internet Wink

legendary
December 28, 2021, 03:14:05 PM
hey @dkbit98 do you mind me quotin/posting your infos on our german ledger information/update Thread ?
I don't wanna steal/plagiate so I will fully quote your post. I just figured I'd ask beforehand but most of the germans won't see this Thread Smiley
legendary
Cashback 15%
December 28, 2021, 02:22:34 PM
After checking ledger reddit channel I can say that people are still reporting this issues with battery on ledger nano X device,
but what is even more interesting is some NEW bugs that showed up along the way, and it had to do with important processes for using wallet.

Here is youtube video of first Ledger Nano X Bug, showing crazy fast jackpot number countdown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53FiVDKKV_w

Second longer video from the same guy, and one more guy posted that he also had the same bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LWu7-krP7I

This is what happened to one guy who connected his ledger nano X directly to power source with wall charger (not to his computer) when he started to generate 24 words.
I don't know if this is Klingon language or what, but I see he was not the first one to see this hieroglyphs during very important process of seed word generation.
Paying 119€ for this? Roll Eyes  No thank you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/rqdurs/was_setting_it_up_for_the_first_time_and_this/
legendary
December 14, 2021, 03:40:04 PM
Someone posted in their subreddit yesterday about "not receiving a refund" and despite not having enough details, perhaps it could be counted as a confirmation.

Having said that, judging by the content of the above link and how quickly they've responded to your inquiries, it's safe to say they tend to ignore the tickets that require certain actions [SMH]:

It probably also comes down to how you communicate with them and if you're trying to be helpful or not.
I would assume that Pmalek was very polite when reaching out to their support and the general tickets are easier to answer.

Refunds and/or replacements can take a very long time. I've never gotten a replacement/repair of any electronic device I sent back to the manufacturer in less than 5-6 weeks I think.

Still though, they should at least answer the tickets but the redditor still has to provice proof of them submitting the ticket.. Anyone can claim that they've submitted a ticket multiple weeks ago because they are frustrated. If you ever work in customer support, you will realize that people will exaggerate a lot.
legendary
Cashback 15%
December 14, 2021, 07:28:05 AM
Someone posted in their subreddit yesterday about "not receiving a refund" and despite not having enough details, perhaps it could be counted as a confirmation.
This is just one example and I saw before similar complains being posted on their reddit channel, but refund is still a much better option than asking for device replacement.
It happened many times that customers received faulty device again and they had to pay extra for shipping, that is all well documented in reddit and anyone can find that in reddit history.
Pages:
Jump to: