Pages:
Author

Topic: Ledger Nano X Battery Pandemic - page 6. (Read 1706 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
October 22, 2021, 07:54:16 AM
I don't trust ledger at all,
Same here! I just noticed that they've "silently" removed [sometime in the past two weeks] a paragraph that mentioned their so-called "new Nano X production line"...

Now let's check out recent reports from ledger reddit after last update:
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
October 22, 2021, 05:30:20 AM
I already explained physical issues with nano x and potential solution for that in the first post of this topic...
Yes, I know that.

ledger firmware update, recovery phrase not working
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/qd4jph/ledger_firmware_update_recovery_phrase_not_working/
Judging by one comment on Reddit, it's the Recovery Check app that is causing the issues. They need to update the app as well to incorporate the changes made in the firmware. The same user said that issues with the Recovery Check app happened in the past as well. It looks like Ledger is pushing their updates without properly checking everything. And other users posted that their firmware upgrade worked just fine. 

Most likely everything is fine and the Recovery Check app wasn't updated to properly work with this new firmware version. This same situation actually happened before with the prior firmware update when it was first released.

Especially if you've verified your phrase in the past and it worked fine then, you shouldn't be freaking out just yet.
Source
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
October 22, 2021, 05:13:21 AM
I am not sure that a software upgrade can fix the problems they have with the Nano X battery. Several posts and videos suggested that the battery connectors were causing the charging issues. They need to be lifted up manually. But let's wait and see. Time will tell.
I already explained physical issues with nano x and potential solution for that in the first post of this topic, but there is obviously related issue with charging, temperature too high, battery management and firmware update is trying to fix this.

ledger firmware update, recovery phrase not working
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/qd4jph/ledger_firmware_update_recovery_phrase_not_working/
After updating the latest firmware, i failed to pass the recovery check
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/qd9rvo/after_updating_the_latest_firmware_i_failed_to/
Upgraded both ledgers to 2.0, can't send cardano now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/qdapnf/upgraded_both_ledgers_to_20_cant_send_cardano_now/

What a bunch of amateurs... but it's always better to wait few days before updating.

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
October 22, 2021, 04:41:24 AM
I am not sure that a software upgrade can fix the problems they have with the Nano X battery. Several posts and videos suggested that the battery connectors were causing the charging issues. They need to be lifted up manually. But let's wait and see. Time will tell.

There is one thing I don't like about this video that explains the faulty connectors though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfZJIXBp1Ic

He didn't turn on the device before applying his fix, so that we can actually see that his method fixed the issues and that there was an issue in the first place. I have no reason to doubt the video creator. I am just saying it could have been done better.   
legendary
Cashback 15%
October 21, 2021, 06:09:48 AM
If you have ledger Nano X and you are stuck with it and have one of many issues with temperature and battery, you should update firmware to latest version 2.0.0 and you must update Ledger Live app to latest version 2.34.3
They claim that battery management is now improved, onboarding process is more simple, security and privacy is improved and they are ready for November Taproot upgrade.
It all sounds great in theory but I don't trust ledger at all, so let's wait and see feedback from people and how this update works in real life.

— The updated Ledger Nano X 2.0.0 version is now available.
— Updating your Nano X device will simplify your onboarding process, improve battery management as well as security & privacy features.
— The update process is very simple: just start Ledger Live, go to the Manager section, connect your Nano X device and start the firmware update.
https://www.ledger.com/blog/ledger-nano-x-firmware-version-200-now-available-for-an-improved-user-experience

All updates and changes:
https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014980580
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1123
October 03, 2021, 02:03:23 PM
The Ledger Blue cost almost 300€ and was discontinued just a few short months after release. Which means no software updates or support for a new product. It is shown that Ledger absolutely drops products if they don't sell or have issues. Which is the case with the X.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/7zbcye/ledger_blue_discontinued/

Can you share with us, where you heard those rumors ? I never heard about the Ledger Blue or the Ledger HW1 but I really hope that they don't stop supporting the Ledger Nano S or the Ledger Nano X any time soon. Otherwise, nearly 200$ would go to the waste after only a short amount of time lol
Few days ago there was some ledger community audio call, and they allegedly said they are working on some new model.
If we compare that with Trezor, they are still maintaining and supporting first ever hardware wallet that was released back in 2014, and ledger already dropped support for two models (so far).

The only reason they keep selling and supporting the S is because, well, R&D cost has been paid off probably hundreds of times by now and they know they can keep milking it at no additional cost since people keep buying it and it works fine. If it would have an issue like Blue or X they would drop it quickly, I'm sure.
One of my theories is that are doing this massive battery problems on purpose, so they can retire model X after some time.
I know they are village amateurs, but nobody can be so stupid to send customers faulty devices multiple times, and that is still happening.

Thank you guys, I wasn't aware of that. I still hope that they don't drop the Nano X and I also think that they would lose a lot of customers like me for example lol

I just hope they learned from their mistakes and that the whole battery pandemic and faulty devices only affect a small amount of the devices sold Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
October 03, 2021, 09:31:48 AM
Wow, what crap construction. Got my friends coins out last night and decided to see if we could take it apart to figure out if we could fix it.
Not like we can do any more damage to it....

Pried the top off, and had metal tabs and flakes land on the table. No idea where they came from, looks like debris that landed in it during assembly.
Sadly, no pictures since we declared it worthless and decided to get dinner at that point. His wife cleaned up the kitchen table so we could eat before we got back.

-Dave 

legendary
Cashback 15%
October 02, 2021, 02:46:11 PM
Can you share with us, where you heard those rumors ? I never heard about the Ledger Blue or the Ledger HW1 but I really hope that they don't stop supporting the Ledger Nano S or the Ledger Nano X any time soon. Otherwise, nearly 200$ would go to the waste after only a short amount of time lol
Few days ago there was some ledger community audio call, and they allegedly said they are working on some new model.
If we compare that with Trezor, they are still maintaining and supporting first ever hardware wallet that was released back in 2014, and ledger already dropped support for two models (so far).

The only reason they keep selling and supporting the S is because, well, R&D cost has been paid off probably hundreds of times by now and they know they can keep milking it at no additional cost since people keep buying it and it works fine. If it would have an issue like Blue or X they would drop it quickly, I'm sure.
One of my theories is that are doing this massive battery problems on purpose, so they can retire model X after some time.
I know they are village amateurs, but nobody can be so stupid to send customers faulty devices multiple times, and that is still happening.
Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!
October 02, 2021, 07:09:04 AM
Their support can't cope with number of complains they receive, and I heard some rumors that they are working on some new ledger device, so maybe they will stop supporting X and S soon, like they did with Ledger Blue and Ledger HW1.

The Ledger Blue cost almost 300€ and was discontinued just a few short months after release. Which means no software updates or support for a new product. It is shown that Ledger absolutely drops products if they don't sell or have issues. Which is the case with the X.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/7zbcye/ledger_blue_discontinued/

https://decrypt.co/17125/ledger-blue-review-does-bigger-mean-better
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
October 02, 2021, 07:03:04 AM

With everything that has happened and is happening in Ledger, I still don't believe that they will just stop supporting its S and X models, regardless of the fact that they are probably working on a new model as well. Here I would particularly point out that the model X is relatively new and it is insane to think that Ledger would have decided to take such a drastic step. I think that support for both models will continue for years to come, everything else is rumors.
legendary
October 02, 2021, 06:51:14 AM
Their support can't cope with number of complains they receive, and I heard some rumors that they are working on some new ledger device, so maybe they will stop supporting X and S soon, like they did with Ledger Blue and Ledger HW1.

copper member
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
October 01, 2021, 10:56:50 PM
So they are creating a new device, maybe a rival to the Trezor HW and forget all the mishaps on the Nano X, like just moving on to the next. I hope they don't stop the support with this. Do you mean by the updates of the firmware or just the device itself and not reselling it anymore?
legendary
Cashback 15%
October 01, 2021, 08:24:07 AM
And I got a call this AM from someone I know who went to sell some coins this AM with the 10% BTC price jump overnight and they had the battery message.
There is now all army of people complaining all the time about battery issues and I was amazed when I saw one comment from their co-founder aka reddit moderator, that is was all just a  simple mistake and they are investigating what happened.

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
October 01, 2021, 08:03:00 AM
And I got a call this AM from someone I know who went to sell some coins this AM with the 10% BTC price jump overnight and they had the battery message.

Not what a really wanted at a 6:30AM phone call. But, it does show the panic that people can have when something like this happens and the stress it can cause people.
Him not me, I was up anyway. 15 minutes earlier, then *I* would have been stressed too.

Guess I help him move to a new HW wallet after work.

-Dave
legendary
Cashback 15%
September 23, 2021, 05:06:34 AM
... if it works correctly. And be prepared for another future data breach or similar. These guys have bad business practices and even if they don't have another data leak, they'll pull off some other shit in the future.
And this future may be coming sooner than you think...
Ledger Pandemic is evolving and growing... now they started to send EMPTY ledger boxes to people, and I am not joking about that, just look at their reddit page if you don't trust me.
And if by any chance you get ledger device in the box than you will probably have one of those new Temperature too high defects.
One more thing is that Ledger started working with Etherscan explorer sending them suspicious addresses...that is a red flag for me, and I don't understand why would hardware wallet device company do that:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.58003022

legendary
September 22, 2021, 08:56:54 AM
In my opinion, the uppricing for the "nano x" is a bit too much just for an internal battery support and more storage to install more apps simultaneously but except that, it is a good hardware wallet in my opinion
... if it works correctly. And be prepared for another future data breach or similar. These guys have bad business practices and even if they don't have another data leak, they'll pull off some other shit in the future. I don't see that they care about customers for example. So maybe if it suits them, they stop giving updates for Nano X once Nano XY comes out etc. or if they need some cash, maybe they sell your name+address to ad companies? I can imagine these things after I saw how they handled customers in the last couple years.

I totally get your point and I didn't want to sound like I am defending them for the things that have happened in the past Smiley

I just wanted to point out that for some people like me, currently (maybe not anymore in the future) , ledger as hardware wallet is a good alternative to storing my coins online or on an exchange.

Other (optionally even open source hardware wallets (like Trezor I think)) are probably safer if you care about your privacy x)
September 22, 2021, 08:49:15 AM
In my opinion, the uppricing for the "nano x" is a bit too much just for an internal battery support and more storage to install more apps simultaneously but except that, it is a good hardware wallet in my opinion
... if it works correctly. And be prepared for another future data breach or similar. These guys have bad business practices and even if they don't have another data leak, they'll pull off some other shit in the future. I don't see that they care about customers for example. So maybe if it suits them, they stop giving updates for Nano X once Nano XY comes out etc. or if they need some cash, maybe they sell your name+address to ad companies? I can imagine these things after I saw how they handled customers in the last couple years.
legendary
September 22, 2021, 02:27:51 AM
~
Damn, on one hand I feel bad for anyone who bought one of these, but on the other hand, they bought it most probably after the data breach scandal situation, which should have been enough of a red sign not to trust this company with any money or data ever again.
I don't understand how people were recommending Ledger to newcomers mere weeks ago, hopefully finally they understand why I tell them not to.

You are describing exactly my situation here and you don't have to feel bad for me at all.

I bought my ledger "nano s" after the data breach and because I was satisfied and wanted a second device, I even bought the "nano x" and I am completely satisfied.

September 21, 2021, 09:06:07 PM
Guys you need to see this epic disaster from ledger and proof they are lying about number of only 5% affected devices with battery issues.
Here is one reseller that has 210 ledger nano x wallets, and his customers returned him 22 devices as faulty battery, than he opened 12 boxes himself to test it and NONE of them was working, so calculate that percentage!
Ledger company blames distributor and vice versa, they are both just washing their hands and purchasing ledger at this point would be like you buy something on flea market, cat in a bag or snake oil surprise.
There are some speculation that cargo air and temperature could affect this devices, but I think that ledger should rebrand and choose a new name for their company - Circus hardware wallet  Cheesy

https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/pq018a/help_i_have_dead_ledger_nano_x_210_pcs_in_my_stock/

In addition to this, one guy reported that ledger is trying to change contact points from 2 to 3, but it's still not working... he received replacement and nano x is still not working...
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/pq4l2u/the_battery_of_my_nano_x_replacement_is_still_not/
Damn, on one hand I feel bad for anyone who bought one of these, but on the other hand, they bought it most probably after the data breach scandal situation, which should have been enough of a red sign not to trust this company with any money or data ever again.
I don't understand how people were recommending Ledger to newcomers mere weeks ago, hopefully finally they understand why I tell them not to.
copper member
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
September 21, 2021, 04:56:19 AM
@Ruvi2000sew
Are you serious? You though it would be a good idea to try your text spinning and copy-pasting capabilities in the same thread where you got the post from? Your software failed at changing the last sentence - the one about the world burning.
I hope this guy, Ruvi2000sew, reads this. Lol. Maybe he just spams posts everywhere with his software and doesn't think to check replies from his posts or something. Could it be a bot? Shocked
Pages:
Jump to: