Pages:
Author

Topic: [lee group]1980$! the sales of first batch hosted antminer s7(psu included) - page 43. (Read 67946 times)

legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1000
SafeHaven.Finance
he can't do 340   but 419 is steep.

I used to sell hdds on ebay.  when the flood happened a few years back hdd prices went crazy.  I had a lot in stock maybe 40.  1tb hdds had tripled in price.  I was in the same spot as lee.

So I sold my 40 hdds with a smaller price bump then anyone else on ebay.  Result they sold fast and people liked what I did. I made a little extra money and a lot of extra good will.

Once I sold out.  I found other ebay items to sell.

So if you meet in the middle?   380?

you will sell them quicker then anyone else.  and when the 50 sell out you can collect hosting and not expand for a while.
that is the strategy we use, although we set the price as 419$ as the same as bitmain
but we actually much cheaper, first we have included the price for a 40$ psu, second we have 20-25 days ahead of bitmain
edit
if you check the chinese site of bitmain, you will find the price they set is 3000 CNY, which is 484$. as a matter of fact, i canot place the order on english site since it will add 17% tax
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
It's weird how bitmain's batch 6, is meeting in the middle at $379. I really want lower hosting fees! How about for everyone who supported you already, they can buy equal number of machines as they have now at $360, and new people can buy at the middleground suggested, until the last 50 are sold.

Hoping that last 50 is all it takes. But maybe there's at least two more of ones that are needing replacements.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
he can't do 340   but 419 is steep.

I used to sell hdds on ebay.  when the flood happened a few years back hdd prices went crazy.  I had a lot in stock maybe 40.  1tb hdds had tripled in price.  I was in the same spot as lee.

So I sold my 40 hdds with a smaller price bump then anyone else on ebay.  Result they sold fast and people liked what I did. I made a little extra money and a lot of extra good will.

Once I sold out.  I found other ebay items to sell.

So if you meet in the middle?   380?

you will sell them quicker then anyone else.  and when the 50 sell out you can collect hosting and not expand for a while.
The way I see it, is you could sell those last 50, at $340, maybe even $350, hopefully be able to lower the running cost per day, then it would be more attractive for the people buying new machines at the higher price. Since bitcoin has been increasing in value, and you held bitcoin payments, you should have made the difference that way for new miners. I hope you can make a sale for all current users, maybe new users purchasing more than one as well. Everyone wants to see hosting costs down, won't you help us get there quickly?
legendary
SafeHaven.Finance
i understand the price adjustment is a little much
but the situation is that if i sold out all the stock(50 unit), i am pretty sure i can sell them out soon if i still use 340$, then i have to buy the new miner according to the price set by bitmain, that would be no profit at all
If my last miner didn't have issues, I would have already had two more. With the price change, no more Sad
legendary
SafeHaven.Finance
the sales restore!

we still have several miner left, but we have adjusted the price to 419$ as the same as bitmain
but we still much cheaper than them becasue first: we already include the psu, second: the miner will be online within 24 hours after payment, that is almost 20-25 days ahead than bitmain
Activity: 408
C'mon, "Competitor intelligence" = bullshit. Bitmain just saw bitcoin price raise a bit and then goes to increases prices. Just like any other monopolist. We need more providers.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Will you sell any of the remaining units you still have at the same price quoted in the first post?

Yes please let us know it looks like there's lots of folks anxious to buy a few more and maybe get those hosting costs down!

I don't know what to do ? 
I want to order 2 more miners but Lee said he has stopped orders.
looks like you can still order from google order form.
I'M NOT SURE WHAT TO DO?
I would not like to order and then have to wait a long time for a refund. 
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Will you sell any of the remaining units you still have at the same price quoted in the first post?

Yes please let us know it looks like there's lots of folks anxious to buy a few more and maybe get those hosting costs down!
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
bitmain is becoming a monopoly, expect premium prices!
Activity: 55
Merit: 0

Well I hope there is a way that the community can figure something out because just throwing the price up on a product that had a high price then lowered and now rices again is just weird. I get Bitmain wants more profits but they should also think about the mining community. One way you can look at this is that the difficulty isn't going to rise that fast because of these high prices and people being scared away by them.

Bitmain has raised prices before, and with any company the goal is profits at the end of the day. They may have to charge more for future use of funds, or to survive from going bankrupt.

I hope the Antminer S6 will be great  Wink and not too expensive...
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
bitmain increase  the price for 20%, now the s5 that shipped on 30th March is 384$
so i will stop to sell more miners to get more information

Very strange, i saw them at 320$ US this morning

They just posted why they did this. https://www.facebook.com/Bitmain/posts/859782150729679

By competitor I think they mean SpondooliesTech.

Well Well, i am not impress

I'm pretty sure they mean ASICMINER, they claimed they had a 0.2W/GH chip, tested it, and then the CEO disappeared, their officies emptied, and there are rumours of an internal falling out.

ASICMINER if you didn't know has been producing mining hardware since early 2013, they made the block erupter usb, the tube, the cube, and the prisma.

Pretty sure that they've completely imploded.

Well I hope there is a way that the community can figure something out because just throwing the price up on a product that had a high price then lowered and now rices again is just weird. I get Bitmain wants more profits but they should also think about the mining community. One way you can look at this is that the difficulty isn't going to rise that fast because of these high prices and people being scared away by them.

Bitmain has raised prices before, and with any company the goal is profits at the end of the day. They may have to charge more for future use of funds, or to survive from going bankrupt.
bitmain increase  the price for 20%, now the s5 that shipped on 30th March is 384$

They just posted why they did this. https://www.facebook.com/Bitmain/posts/859782150729679

I'm pretty sure they mean ASICMINER, they claimed they had a 0.2W/GH chip, tested it, and then the CEO disappeared, their officies emptied, and there are rumours of an internal falling out.

ASICMINER if you didn't know has been producing mining hardware since early 2013, they made the block erupter usb, the tube, the cube, and the prisma.

Activity: 562
Merit: 506
We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

They also have their 6th batch on the site and that one is $379 but will start shipping in June...
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Pages:
Jump to: