Pages:
Author

Topic: Let me share with you a SECRET. 20% Monthly returns Guaranteed. - page 4. (Read 37577 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Cool service, thanks.
Activity: 36
This is a so called martingale trading system which creates the illusion to be "working" for some time before losing all equity in one big trade :-)

Basically its betting 0.01 in a random direction (the smallest position size possible on a real ECN platform is 0.1. 0.01 is only offered by market makers who hedge the positions against the bets of other trader). In case of a losing trade it bets 0.02 lots (or 2 x 0.01 to cover its workings), 0.04 lots etc... when a position wins the system restarts from 0.01.

Basically the chance of winning the n-th trade is

Trade Number ----- Chance of winning ------ Cumulated lotsize 0.5
1                            0.5                             0.01
2                            0.75                            0.02
3                            0.875                          0.04
4                            0.9375                        0.08

You can compare this strategy with a series of coin tosses where you win if you come up "Heads" a single time in a series. But here is the catch: For every round you have to double your initial bet. Would you really want to play this game? Only if you had infinite funds! :-)

Ofc its a zero sum game.

The pitfall in systems like these is that for a long time the equity curve looks like a safe, slow and steady winner. But in the unlikely event of the system failing it will lose all invested funds in a single trade. So the system quickly "overtrades" and therefore invests much more on a single outcome of a trade than any real world investor would.

This is also why these guys invest 0.01 (which is nothing) with an account size of 5000 :-) They are aware of the crazy risk and want to be sure to have lots of buffer cash to lose to prevent virtual margin calls :-)

If you want to find out more about this type of system please feel free to check wikipedia [1]

Ofc the system-writer will argue to have a "working" system but in this case he or she would not hang out in a forum like this but would make millions instead. Just 10% per month with 10.000 starting capital would make yourself a millionaire in a little bit more than 4 years. Would you really discuss such a thing in public if you had it? Rarely! :-))

[1] = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martingale_(betting_system)
Activity: 37
Hey,

indeed it survived a month. I dunno if you placed a time limit or something in the EA, if not I will keep running it on the same account if that is ok with you. I did make a few backtests for some years back, well, the results are what one would expect from a grid with a finitive trading balance. Perhaps I'll fiddle with the settings a bit.

Edit: To be clear to anyone who is reading, 10% would be if the balance would be as it 'should' be - 1k. Its 5k, so percentage is changed accordingly as well as the risk of ruin! According to my backtests so far, 1k is not enough on the longer run.

First, it is not a grid system even if it might look like one, if anything its a smart grid.

Second thing is that 1000.00 is more than enough to start safely. (But the higher the balance, the better)

Back-testing will ALWAYS fail because the test does not know or take into consideration the "Reset". The reset is what makes the system work and the back test does not apply it.

To prove further, your back test chart should have looked like a straight almost 45 deg angle line all the way up till one big collapse. The system does not work like that. A chart of my system well applied looks more like a Saw where each tip of the saw is a "Reset". Hope I did not confuse you.

Last, the system will keep running until Jan, 26 i believe. Feel free to use till then. Cheers.

Maria.

Ok, so its a smart grid. Can you please elaborate the smartness? TP is fixed at 150 pips, lot size doesn't change, can you tell me more about it before I start deeper analysis. It would make it easier for me to 'get it'.

Hm, I'm not sure I understand why will the backtesting fails. If it makes 10% a month and blows once per year, you are just back on start. I know that backtests results should be taken with reserve, but one should expect even less fortunate situation is able to happen, don't you agree?

I will keep it running then. Don't get me wrong, understand my skepticism, performances of grid-related systems in a trendy markets are common knowledge.

Just out of curiosity, I tried coding up a grid system EA. It's not hard to setup the "reset", just check for movement in account equity or profit and close all orders when it hits a preset level. After trying dozens of different combinations of grid sizes, take profit sizes, currencies, etc, I determined that it's just not consistently profitable.

Now, in all of my silliness (and after losing 150 BTC on it already), I have a modified martingale system that I am is convinced is reliably profitable. The account blewout because the currency pair had a much larger movement than it's seen for quite sometime, and I was skimping and put in fewer-than-safely-needed to give it a run. Thankfully in a "real" account, the system has already recovered from the BTC losses.

Anyway, it seems your account has failed Maria? http://www.myfxbook.com/members/mariadouble/double-4-weeks/458070
Activity: 832
Merit: 250
Here is my account configured to DOUBLE the amount, in this case 1000.00.

The Goal is to reach 2000 in 4 weeks:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/mariadouble/double-4-weeks/458070

VenetFX seems pretty good but I am concerned about the BTC deposits held by kakobrekla. Can you elaborate some more on what happens with my 10,000 BTC Deposit if you pass away? I can think of many other scenarios but in general how and why you handle my bitcoins?

Maria.

UPDATE:

Balance: 1503

Equity: 1230 (That is 23% profit in 2 days)

1000.00 Is plenty to start even in a high risk scenario such as this one.

I was curious about you kakobrekla regarding the bitcoin deposits and after concluded my research, I believe you and I can work together $$$. I might share the recipe for you.

Maria.

Here is my account configured to DOUBLE the amount, in this case 1000.00.

The Goal is to reach 2000 in 4 weeks:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/mariadouble/double-4-weeks/458070

VenetFX seems pretty good but I am concerned about the BTC deposits held by kakobrekla. Can you elaborate some more on what happens with my 10,000 BTC Deposit if you pass away? I can think of many other scenarios but in general how and why you handle my bitcoins?

Maria.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

I can explain in more detail via Skype but I only do so with my VIP friends such as Charlie Shrem from www.bitinstant.com

Hey Maria,

I don't know what this thread is all about and its 13 pages so Im not interested.

Please do not use my name or my company name in any threads to help promote your legitimacy.

I cannot attest to the legitimacy of this venture nor do I even know what it is.

Please redact my involvement in this.

Charlie
The next reset will occur when the equity reaches 5200.

I can explain in more detail via Skype but I only do so with my VIP friends such as Charlie Shrem from www.bitinstant.com

Back on the money, I am positive that my EA will work on smaller deposits, even as small as 100.00 in which case, it will double your deposit in 4 weeks, however, the risk of losing the 100 is high.

I understand your skepticism and Ill try to answer any question as as move along buy please understand that, like Coca Cola, we have a formula. Ill gladly let you drink all you want, just please, do not ask me how we make the drink. Enjoy!

Maria.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.
Hey,

indeed it survived a month. I dunno if you placed a time limit or something in the EA, if not I will keep running it on the same account if that is ok with you. I did make a few backtests for some years back, well, the results are what one would expect from a grid with a finitive trading balance. Perhaps I'll fiddle with the settings a bit.

Edit: To be clear to anyone who is reading, 10% would be if the balance would be as it 'should' be - 1k. Its 5k, so percentage is changed accordingly as well as the risk of ruin! According to my backtests so far, 1k is not enough on the longer run.

First, it is not a grid system even if it might look like one, if anything its a smart grid.

Second thing is that 1000.00 is more than enough to start safely. (But the higher the balance, the better)

Back-testing will ALWAYS fail because the test does not know or take into consideration the "Reset". The reset is what makes the system work and the back test does not apply it.

To prove further, your back test chart should have looked like a straight almost 45 deg angle line all the way up till one big collapse. The system does not work like that. A chart of my system well applied looks more like a Saw where each tip of the saw is a "Reset". Hope I did not confuse you.

Last, the system will keep running until Jan, 26 i believe. Feel free to use till then. Cheers.

Maria.

Ok, so its a smart grid. Can you please elaborate the smartness? TP is fixed at 150 pips, lot size doesn't change, can you tell me more about it before I start deeper analysis. It would make it easier for me to 'get it'.

Hm, I'm not sure I understand why will the backtesting fails. If it makes 10% a month and blows once per year, you are just back on start. I know that backtests results should be taken with reserve, but one should expect even less fortunate situation is able to happen, don't you agree?

I will keep it running then. Don't get me wrong, understand my skepticism, performances of grid-related systems in a trendy markets are common knowledge.
Hey,

Maria.
Hey,

UPDATE:

Balance: 5100.27

Equity:5098.99

Goal reached! The system performed the reset automatically and locked in 100.00 profit.

10% reached in 2 weeks (holidays included)

Cheers.

Maria.
UPDATE:

Balance: 5183

Equity: 5083
(This number is your realtime balance, once it reaches 100 you must do the reset to lock in the profit)

We are almost at the goal with 2 more weeks to go.

Important Kakobrekla: You must lock in the profit once it is reached by performing what I call "The Reset"

Reset = Turn Off EA, then delete ALL Open and Pending Orders.

Great Job Kakobrekla

Maria.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
UPDATE:

Balance: 5143

Equity: 5048

That is 5% profit in 2 weeks, our goal is 10% in 4 weeks.

Maria.

Lol and you think that is good!!!!
http://www.aastocks.com/en/ltp/rtquote.aspx?symbol=00886

and last week
http://www.aastocks.com/en/ltp/rtquote.aspx?symbol=00388
UPDATE:

Balance: 5143

Equity: 5048

That is 5% profit in 2 weeks, our goal is 10% in 4 weeks.

Maria.
Maria delivered EA.

I made a small error (or myfxbook has a bug) at first, so heres link again to fresh account which is running the EA.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/kakobrekla/maria-demo/448133
If when you run MT4 the balance shows 110, then it will not work. It works only on a 1000 min balance of any denomination, so if you want to trade BTC you need 1000 BTC. I suggest you convert them to LR USD. which broker are you using?

Why, can't we use 0.01 lot size?

I really hate to melt my BTC to fiat to use on forex, so we try on a 1000 units demo account and move to 1000 BTC account after a month if results are satisfactory?

Indeed we will be using micro lots 0.01. We can do the 1000 demo. Let me know when you link your account.

Sorry for the delay, been terribly busy.

Heres a 1000 units demo account mt4 instance waiting to give your EA a go.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/kakobrekla/mariademo/446935

Perfect! I will send you via PM the EA shortly. Cheers
If when you run MT4 the balance shows 110, then it will not work. It works only on a 1000 min balance of any denomination, so if you want to trade BTC you need 1000 BTC. I suggest you convert them to LR USD. which broker are you using?

I really hate to melt my BTC to fiat to use on forex, so we try on a 1000 units demo account and move to 1000 BTC account after a month if results are satisfactory?

Indeed we will be using micro lots 0.01. We can do the 1000 demo. Let me know when you link your account.

Sorry for the delay, been terribly busy.

Heres a 1000 units demo account mt4 instance waiting to give your EA a go.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/kakobrekla/mariademo/446935
legendary
Activity: 1020
just want you to check the EA performance which i have written based ichimoku Indicator.

Download Expert Advisors

1. ichi_test.ex4  is based on crossing over of tenkan sen and kinjun sen of ichimoku indicator.

2. komu.ex4 is based on opening of trade on komu cloud transitions.

Please dont test with real money  Grin

Activity: 868
Pages:
Jump to: