Pages:
Author

Topic: Liberated: LoyceV's Legendary Little Lightning Loans - page 8. (Read 4800 times)

legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
Yep confirmed - have just received something 7e88212... Will be in touch in a day or two to repay.

Did you want to try sending me a loan repayment link please?
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Code:
lnbc1pwjtk4vpp506yzzt4rvqvyquf58qpa7rrhyd97yfqn247a9nmarh3qjmcyprrqdqqxqr4rqrzjqwryaup9lh50kkranzgcdnn2fgvx390wgj5jd07rwr3vxeje0glc7z89pqqq96gqqqqqqqlgqqqqqeqqjquuf0083l0unn03hm4yu5wtv9u0uyjku56vwpw46eknxwj9l8q9sny4hucx2llw68vfkz6nvdcl8483py39hskht7canx49gt239cy7cpcrtm2p
It finally worked: 0.0001 BTC Lightning Loan sent! I paid 34 satoshi fee from BlueWallet.

Yep confirmed - have just received something 7e88212... Will be in touch in a day or two to repay.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Code:
lnbc1pwjtk4vpp506yzzt4rvqvyquf58qpa7rrhyd97yfqn247a9nmarh3qjmcyprrqdqqxqr4rqrzjqwryaup9lh50kkranzgcdnn2fgvx390wgj5jd07rwr3vxeje0glc7z89pqqq96gqqqqqqqlgqqqqqeqqjquuf0083l0unn03hm4yu5wtv9u0uyjku56vwpw46eknxwj9l8q9sny4hucx2llw68vfkz6nvdcl8483py39hskht7canx49gt239cy7cpcrtm2p
It finally worked: 0.0001 BTC Lightning Loan sent! I paid 34 satoshi fee from BlueWallet.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Did you receive the micro tip a couple of days ago? 1 satoshi and 1/500th of a sat as the TX fee.
1 satoshi arrived at tippin.me Smiley I didn't check it earlier as nobody (else) uses it Tongue

I saw the link on your mobile UID, so I thought I'd try it out to see if the main-net was connected.

I now have 1.0002 sats more I can receive from others, so it looks like no lightning node receives any of the TX fees so the Lightning Network could possibly be a closed system?
The Lightning Network is a closed system indeed. It seems your node charges 0.2% fee on all transactions, including small ones. For bigger transactions, other nodes in the channel might charge a fee too, so the node you're connected to pays them part of the fee.

I've got one connection in and my one out.

Code:

My testnet has over a dozen out and none in.

*edit*

Drats! You were online a moment ago! Now you're offline again...
legendary
Did you receive the micro tip a couple of days ago? 1 satoshi and 1/500th of a sat as the TX fee.
1 satoshi arrived at tippin.me Smiley I didn't check it earlier as nobody (else) uses it Tongue

I now have 1.0002 sats more I can receive from others, so it looks like no lightning node receives any of the TX fees so the Lightning Network could possibly be a closed system?
The Lightning Network is a closed system indeed. It seems your node charges 0.2% fee on all transactions, including small ones. For bigger transactions, other nodes in the channel might charge a fee too, so the node you're connected to pays them part of the fee.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Electrum is adding Lightning Support in a few weeks.

Electrum’s founder Thomas Voegtlin told CoinDesk from the BIP001 blockchain event in Odessa, Ukraine, that work on the solution for sending lightning transactions with the Electrum wallet is now close to its official release.

While he declined to reveal a specific release date, Voegtlin said:

“We’ve been doing this work for about a year in a separate branch [on GitHub] and we’ve reached the point when we are ready to merge it with our master branch. This is going to happen in the coming weeks until the end of July, and it means that the next major release will have lightning support.”

https://www.coindesk.com/electrum-wallet-is-adding-support-for-bitcoins-lightning-network

I think that a better wallet will certainly give us more transparency over the fees for creating/closing channels. I think that Eclair made a nice job because it is easy to use, but certainly it lacks control of the fees and transparency over the costs.
legendary
My main-net Eclair has one inbound good for BTC 0.01 so I should be able to receive your (LoyceV's) L-Loan, but alas, nothing as yet.
The payment that was "in transit" disappeared from BlueWallet without a trace (my balance wasn't reduced). I can only guess it couldn't find a channel.

Do you want to try sending me a request and I'll see if I can fill it from my end?
I could, but that would be the worst loan ever Tongue
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Payments can't be split automatically across multiple channels, yet. The only thing one can do is try sending a few smaller transactions but that might be too costly and take a lot of time.

On my test-net Eclair I have a few channels open with small amounts and a couple of bigger channel amounts.  I hadn't realised payments (outbound) wouldn't be split.

My main-net Eclair has one inbound good for BTC 0.01 so I should be able to receive your (LoyceV's) L-Loan, but alas, nothing as yet.

I'm being cautious about how much BTC I'm willing to commit to the Lightning Network as it seems to be one way in, but no way out.  Although the docs say it's good for traders, I'm figuring traders will want to cash out their acquired BTC and with channels being in or out traffic only, then they probably won't want to use it.  In saying that it'll probably become a closed system once enough bitcoin is committed to it.

Do you want to try sending me a request and I'll see if I can fill it from my end?
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131
I figure you're trying to redistribute the incoming from just one node across many channels?
That's something for the Lightning Network itself to figure out, but from what I've seen earlier, it didn't use multiple channels on my side.

Payments can't be split automatically across multiple channels, yet. The only thing one can do is try sending a few smaller transactions but that might be too costly and take a lot of time.
legendary
Code:
lnbc1pwj9h9wpp5g0rv83yfcjg5elzuejmdtxsefnlps6xzttj4gjgqkjhjkqy86yqsdqqxqr4rqrzjqwryaup9lh50kkranzgcdnn2fgvx390wgj5jd07rwr3vxeje0glc7z89q5qqssqqqqqqqqlgqqqqqeqqjq4whdkcv375dy5k4xr5ndpmer5ae9pyak7ssnuwtdl6ypawruttxycp6f6au8l54m3xma4gjtcmtu8vxqeep3sg8j44prk6awz4qx5mqp4y9km9
I used BlueWallet this time, and the payment is currently "in transit". I'm not sure how long it will stay that way, it may or may not complete.
BlueWallet used a whopping 100 sat fee.

I figure you're trying to redistribute the incoming from just one node across many channels?
That's something for the Lightning Network itself to figure out, but from what I've seen earlier, it didn't use multiple channels on my side.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Trying again (I have inbound this time)

Code:
lnbc1pwj9h9wpp5g0rv83yfcjg5elzuejmdtxsefnlps6xzttj4gjgqkjhjkqy86yqsdqqxqr4rqrzjqwryaup9lh50kkranzgcdnn2fgvx390wgj5jd07rwr3vxeje0glc7z89q5qqssqqqqqqqqlgqqqqqeqqjq4whdkcv375dy5k4xr5ndpmer5ae9pyak7ssnuwtdl6ypawruttxycp6f6au8l54m3xma4gjtcmtu8vxqeep3sg8j44prk6awz4qx5mqp4y9km9

legendary
Bump! 10,000,000 milli-satoshis are waiting for a 7 day loan Cheesy
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I'd advise against taking a loan to take a Lightning Loan just to test LN Smiley
You won't be able to pay back the loan, because opening and closing channels costs miners fees , also txs to eclair wallet. So you will pay at least 4 transaction fees, and those open/close fees are quite obscure to me (spent much more than expected)

Yeh I'm seeing there's a few coins that need to be locked away just to be able to transact on the Lightning Network.

Not to mention that he will also have to spend some coins in order to be able to receive payments. @Timelord2067 check out this website.

I'm looking at trying out testnet coins for a little while and will then try out the main-net version again.

Timelord2067's Trusted Testnet Thunder Timepayments?

Soon my precious...  Cool
legendary
@LoyceV it looks like that the problem of too high closing and opening fee has been addressed by Lightning Labs team. Users will be able to use either RBF or CPFP if the fee is too low. I will prepare a detailed post on the latest LND update tomorrow. Eclair Mobile is powered by Eclair's implementation of the Lightning Network so it won't be available for you anytime soon Sad
legendary
-snip

Not to mention that he will also have to spend some coins in order to be able to receive payments. @Timelord2067 check out this website.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I'd advise against taking a loan to take a Lightning Loan just to test LN Smiley

You won't be able to pay back the loan, because opening and closing channels costs miners fees , also txs to eclair wallet. So you will pay at least 4 transaction fees, and those open/close fees are quite obscure to me (spent much more than expected)
legendary
Damm it! You were online a moment ago!
Try again if you still want a 0.1 mBTC loan Smiley Just keep in mind I'm asleep during Amsterdam night time.

Code:
Re: Legendary LoyceV's Luscious, Loopy and Lip-smacking "Little Lightning Loans"
Lol, too cheesy Cheesy

Why don't you open a channel with LNchat's node? Wink
Judging by the Node Rank™, my current node (which works again) is much better connected.
If Eclair can't route a payment again, I now have a small amount in BlueWallet too. The main benefit: I could fund it with a low amount at low fee. The most annoying thing: it doesn't update balances realtime after a payment, I have to either refresh it or wait a bit.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓

That pretty much answers my questions, thanks.

Why don't you open a channel with LNchat's node? Wink I reboot the server manually once a week so the downtime is negligible.

I'm working on it.
legendary
-snip

Why don't you open a channel with LNchat's node? Wink I reboot the server manually once a week so the downtime is negligible.

I guess it's in anticipation of the funds going out that they are "parked" elsewhere.

Coins are locked in a multi-signature address which is in control of both parties.

I'd say the funds don't go to miners, but to the "nodes" carrying the signal.  I might investigate seeing if I can keep a couple of connections open.  

The Lightning Network is an off-chain scaling solution so that's why miners don't participate in payments (except when closing and opening a channel). It works thanks to Hash Time Locked Contracts.

Plus there doesn't seem to be any actual way to send my funds out, I have to wait for a funds request to come in.

That's a known problem which has been already addressed. Sphinx solves it but it's available only to nodes which update to a specific branch.
Pages:
Jump to: