Pages:
Author

Topic: LightningAsic usb miners based Gridseed GC3355 Tech Support Thread - page 2. (Read 73414 times)

legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
Ive tried searching but did not read this entire thread, so if this is covered here I apologize.

Ive run into an issue with some of my gridseeds where I have no blinking red/green lights at all when powered on. The fan spins but the devices are not detected with Hashra. I had 18 units hashing away just fine and then added 10 more and ever since Ive had issues. Im still troubleshooting but it seems like the ones that dont work do not have any blinking lights. What should my next steps be? Cables look fine (USB and Power), USB hub is fine...
thanks!
Activity: 519
Merit: 502
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://sea.wafflepool.com:3333 -u 'btcaddress' -p 64 --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850,chips=5 --hotplug 30

This is my .bat file. After a while the gridseed starts mining in Ph/s I dont know what I am doing wrong. Can someone suggest what the problem is.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Dear fellow miners:

One of my devices looks quite lazy compared to the rest. I tried different clock speeds but it seems to always be lazier than the other ones. Look at the shares accepted and wu:

[P]ool management [ S ]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
GSD 0: 8D76425D5748 850 MHz | 360.1K/359.4Kh/s | A:455816 R:8703 HW: 6 WU: 1.8/m
GSD 1: 6D7536A84853 850 MHz | 360.2K/359.5Kh/s | A:462799 R:9493 HW:10 WU: 1.8/m
GSD 2: 6D7248784857 850 MHz | 360.2K/359.5Kh/s | A:174226 R:3690 HW: 3 WU: 0.7/m
GSD 3: 6D71107B4853 850 MHz | 360.3K/359.4Kh/s | A:459029 R:9653 HW: 7 WU: 1.8/m
GSD 4: 6D8424864857 850 MHz | 360.3K/359.3Kh/s | A:452959 R:8410 HW:11 WU: 1.8/m
GSD 5: 6D7B23894853 850 MHz | 360.3K/359.2Kh/s | A:447927 R:9650 HW: 7 WU: 1.7/m
GSD 6: 6D96527C5748 850 MHz | 360.2K/359.1Kh/s | A:445316 R:9589 HW:15 WU: 1.7/m
GSD 7: 6D72519B5748 850 MHz | 360.1K/358.8Kh/s | A:447510 R:7544 HW:14 WU: 1.7/m
GSD 8: 6D75505B5748 850 MHz | 360.2K/358.8Kh/s | A:451649 R:7392 HW:16 WU: 1.8/m
GSD 9: 6D70369F5748 850 MHz | 360.2K/358.9Kh/s | A:442447 R:8132 HW:21 WU: 1.7/m

I'm using girnyau cgminer-gc3355 on raspbian.

It also won't allow me to choose whatever clock speed I want. I removed the clock option from gridseed options and f I choose per device with --gridseed-freq option, it will ignore my choice and default to 750

./cgminer-gc3355/cgminer --hotplug=1 --gridseed-freq 8D76425D5748=850,6D7536A84853=850,6D7248784857=650,6D71107B4853=850,6D8424864857=850,6D7B23894853=850,6D96527C5748=850,6D72519B5748=850,6D75505B5748=850,6D70369F5748=850

What can I do to make it perform like it’s supposed to?

Thanks in advance!
legendary
Activity: 986
Merit: 1000
Crypto Currency , Mining, Exchange ATM, Wallet!
LIGHTNINGASIC GRIDSEED SCRYPT ONLY BLADE MINER

There are 2 PCBA.
Each PCBA 40 GC3355 chips.
Each PCBA has it’s own power socket and usb port.
one 80-chip blade miner is equivalent to 16 5-chip USB miners
Official Scrypt hashrate is 5.2M (2.6M on each PCBA)
Scrypt only mode: 64-70W on each PCBA. (140W per miner)
PSU/Controller/USB cables are included.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Anybody who cares about GPL freedom cares.

Your code is only as good as you publish it freely.

You took other people's code and the permission they gave you to use it requires you publish your mods.  It's theft if you don't follow the agreement that you were given when you decided to modify their code.  It's all in the GPL licensing agreement.

But when you do "pass it on" everyone does appreciate your work.  So "thank you" for doing it.  But please, man, give some cred to those who laid the groundwork, and follow their example and the agreement in the GPL.

You guys should really try the new LightningAsic V3c miner software if you haven't already, it's designed to do one thing and one thing only, to get the most out of your Gridseed miners. If you don't have a Tp-link 703N, they are really cheap to get on eBay @ ~$20. Definitely worth the investment.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lightningasic-gridseed-controller-firmware-v3-554542
Man, You're pushing so hard this on couple of threads that You should publish source (You' re probably using cgminer branch without author permission in closed sw) to deminish obvious conclusion that You have hidden interest this closed software be rant on as many devices...

Not my call, it's not cgminer and the source will be published soon enough.
Yeah, sure. Soon enough. Enough of concluded hidden interest being satisfied?

Why so mad? Still frustrated of getting your LightningAsic Gridseeds shipped late?
Instead of bickering you should appreciate the fact that I'm offering this free of charge, no strings attached. Contrary to what you think of this, I'm only getting compensated by donations, which so far I haven't received any.
Not mad. Not frustrated. Only thing that bothers me is that You are trying to profit using other's community donations. Did You ever mentioned / accomplished OpenWRT or CPUminer (or Cgminer) developers? You have right to profit from their work if You follow their publishing rules. Because You are not following simple rules of open software publishing, You have to have reason doing it wrong way. What is the reason?

Since you're the first to ask, and being so utterly annoyed about it...
https://github.com/siklon/usb-miner/tree/master/software/cpuminer
Now get off my ass.
How can one know what else is included in Your .bin file? If part of the code is not malicious, that is not assurance for complete code. Anyhow, I'm not after You. I'm not using Your firmware. So, keep explaining to the people using it that they are not breaking any law running it. If some of them are interested, of course.

I doubt anyone cares, it works and does the job, so why does it matter? The fact that you are the only one arguing about it just proved that. I promise that I did not put anything malicious in there, but that's probably no assurance for anyone who is seriously concerned about the contents being potentially malicious, and they will not use it anyway. So what's your point? Btw, if one really wants to waste time proving that, one could simple monitor outgoing network traffic. You're wasting your time with this pointless discussion.

Didn't I just publish the modified cpuminer source code? Then what the hell do you want from me? The PHP code that the miner runs on is proprietary, it isn't GPL and it is my code. Then we have OpenWRT, which is the base firmware for the router, but I did not modify their source, so again there is nothing to publish. I could link the OpenWRT buildroot source tree that I compiled from, but I mean what's the point.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Anybody who cares about GPL freedom cares.

Your code is only as good as you publish it freely.

You took other people's code and the permission they gave you to use it requires you publish your mods.  It's theft if you don't follow the agreement that you were given when you decided to modify their code.  It's all in the GPL licensing agreement.

But when you do "pass it on" everyone does appreciate your work.  So "thank you" for doing it.  But please, man, give some cred to those who laid the groundwork, and follow their example and the agreement in the GPL.

You guys should really try the new LightningAsic V3c miner software if you haven't already, it's designed to do one thing and one thing only, to get the most out of your Gridseed miners. If you don't have a Tp-link 703N, they are really cheap to get on eBay @ ~$20. Definitely worth the investment.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lightningasic-gridseed-controller-firmware-v3-554542
Man, You're pushing so hard this on couple of threads that You should publish source (You' re probably using cgminer branch without author permission in closed sw) to deminish obvious conclusion that You have hidden interest this closed software be rant on as many devices...

Why so mad? Still frustrated of getting your LightningAsic Gridseeds shipped late?
Instead of bickering you should appreciate the fact that I'm offering this free of charge, no strings attached. Contrary to what you think of this, I'm only getting compensated by donations, which so far I haven't received any.
Not mad. Not frustrated. Only thing that bothers me is that You are trying to profit using other's community donations. Did You ever mentioned / accomplished OpenWRT or CPUminer (or Cgminer) developers? You have right to profit from their work if You follow their publishing rules. Because You are not following simple rules of open software publishing, You have to have reason doing it wrong way. What is the reason?

Now get off my ass.
How can one know what else is included in Your .bin file? If part of the code is not malicious, that is not assurance for complete code. Anyhow, I'm not after You. I'm not using Your firmware. So, keep explaining to the people using it that they are not breaking any law running it. If some of them are interested, of course.

I doubt anyone cares, it works and does the job, so why does it matter? The fact that you are the only one arguing about it just proved that. I promise that I did not put anything malicious in there, but that's probably no assurance for anyone who is seriously concerned about the contents being potentially malicious, and they will not use it anyway. So what's your point? Btw, if one really wants to waste time proving that, one could simple monitor outgoing network traffic. You're wasting your time with this pointless discussion.
maybe no one cares about the content because no one is interested?

I feel most people got rid of the controller in an early stage as simple windows/linux machines performed much better and allowed proper configuration including real open source miner software.

maybe also an indicator for your donation level?

Not really, many people are happy with the controller now, as it perform better and is more stable. I got .1BTC from a nice lad today.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
maybe no one cares about the content because no one is interested?

I feel most people got rid of the controller in an early stage as simple windows/linux machines performed much better and allowed proper configuration including real open source miner software.

maybe also an indicator for your donation level?

Now get off my ass.

Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I

Now get off my ass.

Now get off my ass.
Me, Myself & I

Me, Myself & I

hes using cpuminer.. and the firmware is free man, not like he is charging and spamming it on the forums. definitely no skin off my nose
Preamble of GPLv2 (cpuminer is published under):
"When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not
price."

I'm aware of that, I'll have the source up on github very soon.
Me, Myself & I

hes using cpuminer.. and the firmware is free man, not like he is charging and spamming it on the forums. definitely no skin off my nose
Preamble of GPLv2 (cpuminer is published under):
"When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not
price."

Activity: 672

Me, Myself & I

Pages:
Jump to: