Pages:
Author

Topic: LIKE IT OR NOT, BITCOIN IS AN INVESTMENT - page 18. (Read 3752 times)

Activity: 317
Merit: 0
September 11, 2018, 11:28:59 PM
                              In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

I think BTC is a good investment and might be useful for all because I think the investment needed for the future that will come with virtual coin technology is beneficial for everyone and the country.
Activity: 560
Merit: 10
YOUC - www.youengine.io
September 11, 2018, 09:53:43 PM
                              In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

This is only the matter of point of view for some peoples. Either you think bitcoin as an investment or not, bitcoin is a currency.
When you keep your currency and not using it, it means you invest on it just like you buy USD and keep them for selling it later if the value rising.
Activity: 91
September 11, 2018, 03:26:04 PM
Bitcoin is an investment whether people likes it or not , just buy the dip and wait for price to jump and sell it back , you can be repeating the process
Activity: 224
September 11, 2018, 03:24:01 PM
Paris football club PSG has entered into a partnership agreement with the Maltese startup ChiliZ to launch a cryptocurrency that will allow football fans to receive rewards and take part in the voting.
Activity: 70
September 11, 2018, 03:07:43 PM
Anything that definitely adds value or reduces value is an investment and bitcoin is not an exception. For my own analysis, bitcoin is an investment because it gains and loses in price
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
https://eloncity.io/
September 11, 2018, 01:40:58 PM
I don't know why will someone generalized that bitcoin is not investment. Haven't considered the definition of investment. The act of investing, or state of being invested.
A placement of capital in expectation of deriving income or profit from its use.
That with which anyone is invested.
Activity: 257
September 11, 2018, 01:40:16 PM
                              In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

It is just exactly what it has always been. More reason some set of investors always want to get in when the price is low and sell off when it is high, which is commonly termed TRADING.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
September 11, 2018, 01:23:43 PM
                              In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

Some peoples may not agree with your opinion, but that is not problem for us because everyone can think what they believe.
Bitcoin has became an investment because the value is very high in the market. In 2010, i think there were no peoples thought bitcoin as an investment.

Indeed, everyone can have their own arguments regarding crypto currencies, especially bitcoin. And based on the facts that I have faced to this day, yes bitcoin is more dominant as an asset than for other uses. The regulation in my country isn't friendly yet with bitcoin as a means of payment.
Activity: 21
September 11, 2018, 01:13:37 PM
You buy Bitcoin not or using it, and after a duration, you sell it and you can incur loss or earn profit. This is the situation when Bitcoin is an investment considering finance. But if you buy Bitcoin with the purpose of using it, Bitcoin isn't an investment. In short, Bitcoin CAN be, not always, an investment.
Activity: 18
September 11, 2018, 01:11:26 PM
Considering economics, Bitcoin isn't an investment. But considering finance, Bitcoin is an investment for sure ( apart from the function as a medium of exchange). We are working with money, so it's finance, not economics. People buy and sell Bitcoin with a view to earning profit. So it's obviously an investment. I don't know if there is anything debatable here.
Activity: 27
September 07, 2018, 06:39:22 PM
Bitcoin appeal more as an asset or as an investment tool rather than as a currency as it has proven to be a profitable in the past. It will not be common place in the future because it is likely to be too expensive
Activity: 45
September 10, 2018, 11:06:05 AM
                              In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

I believe that too but I think Bitcoin is a great investment option than some because it allow anyone to invest in any level because if you invest in property or share market you should have a considerable amount of money in the beginning and even to start a good business at first the initial cost would be much higher but in Bitcoin it allows to invest according to the investors financial level 
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
September 08, 2018, 08:27:37 AM
then US dollar is also an investment.

i'll tell you why. where i live the value of local currency is dropping so there are many who are now buying USD to stay ahead of the inflation that is going on. in fact they are investing in USD. and what they are doing matches the description you posted here, they will sell it in the future to get a huge profit.

but it doesn't make USD an investment. US dollar is still a currency no matter what you do with it.
the same thing is true about bitcoin. bitcoin is a currency by nature even if majority are using it as an investment.
But unfortunately because in fact many people do this, yes, hoarding dollars. I don't think we can limit a currency whether it can be an investment tool or not, as long as the price of the item fluctuates or at least not just follows the inflation rate, then the item can be classified to have potential become an investment.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
September 07, 2018, 07:13:43 PM
                              In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

I cannot really argue with you on this. Almost everyone in Bitcoin came into it because they saw it as a form of investment and an avenue to make quick money.
Activity: 77
September 07, 2018, 07:12:14 PM
If we make a definition in the materials you give. Bitcoin also fits in the financial sense. Economically it adapts to investment.
In short, BitCoin is an investment and it is necessary to aim at winning in every sense.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
September 07, 2018, 06:36:15 PM
                              In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

I believe that at this time you should only invest in bitcoin in order to minimize the risk and make the profit the safest, you can see that the market is constantly fluctuating and difficult to guess so you Only bitcoin trading, we can see that altcoin prices have been fluctuating sharply over the last few months and I think altcoin will die in 2018.

I don't that alt coin will be die because of ICO's, they create new coin almost every week that's why it is too hard to get a good coin because too many coin but the demand was still slowly increasing and that is what I see now, the many token we have but the lower number that it take.

Yes, I think it is asset but there's investment involved because you can loose and gain money from this using putting from it and for now, we see that it is full of investment and we cannot see the asset of this coin.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
September 07, 2018, 05:58:57 PM
truly, bitcoin is seen as an investment for many, but this shouldn't be the key feature why people should get into using btc, it has various lots of usages, having the impression of it as just an investment creates the heart break when its price goes down
Activity: 84
September 07, 2018, 01:56:48 PM
Bitcoin is an investment, for now. Although a lot of merchants have already started accepting bitcoin as payment. It may take a few more years before it becomes mainstream, meaning a currency, a digital currency.
Activity: 54
September 07, 2018, 01:49:55 PM
bitcoin is unequivocally and accurately an investment with a very high yield Smiley

In my opinion, since seen from 2013 the price is different from before, and 2017 is the year when bitcoin reaches its highest point, we wait, whenever the price will rise again. Because Bitcoin can be said to invest in the long run
Activity: 238
September 07, 2018, 01:41:34 PM
I think bitcoin started as type of payment which is use online in whole world. But by seeing its growth it has turn to type of investment. Now it is now acceptable everywhere. So at present we can say that it is a investment. I may wrong on this topic.
Pages:
Jump to: