Pages:
Author

Topic: [LIKELY SCAM] Antminer group buy - page 4. (Read 16440 times)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250
April 16, 2014, 12:24:21 PM
After more than a week, this is highly unlikely.
I think he had honest intentions in the beginning (hence using real names and such), but then he realized that he could run away and nobody will get to him (thanks again to lowerjerzey to persuade him to disappear, thanks a lot)
Activity: 567
Merit: 270
April 16, 2014, 08:43:17 AM
I'm still hoping he doesn't leave this way.

I'm sure he was using real name on skype, connecting without the use of TOR or something like that.

At the moment, all decisions was of him. Can we be passive spectators? I don't think this may be right.

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
April 10, 2014, 04:28:32 PM
ok, since you're such an expert, point me to a profitable mining hosting
thanks

Jeez, here we go again. A guarantee profit doesn't exist, but making a profit potentially exist.  You're trying to hunt down a guarantee.  Keep looking, you'll never find it. You thought you found it here and look how that turned out. Also, I haven't once claimed that any hosted mining was profitable. Not sure what made you come to that conclusion.  I've only stated that in this group buy, the host is shafting himself while the shareholders make out so why host.  <<---see this statement to find out why hosts charge the fees that they do charge. You keep looking for the freebie. Again, keep looking. And if you do find another one, try to use your brain and try to remember what happened to you here.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
April 10, 2014, 04:00:29 PM
*sigh* so it's scam  Angry
i've got PM from OP and wanna buy some shares
Hello,

If you buy shares (less than 36) then every sunday you get your payout on your chosen payout adres - 8% fee for me,
IF you buy 36 shares then you get the antminer changed immediatly to your stratum + your worker and every sunday you will have to send me the 8% you earned in the week. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

lucky for me, i saw lowerjerzey's post warning people don't buy this shares (thanks for warning)
and i decided to postpone my transaction with OP
free electricity is too good to be true   Embarrassed
April 10, 2014, 03:47:33 PM
ok, since you're such an expert, point me to a profitable mining hosting
thanks
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
April 10, 2014, 01:49:31 PM
I repeat that, in my opinion, on his side, make 19 btc paying 15 with no risk, it was a good deal.
And on our side, making 10% with risk, was still a good deal, as, as far as I know, there isn't a SINGLE hosted mining that's profitable for shareholders. I searched, there aren't. All hosting mining offers won't give any return on investment, from cex.io to pbmining

The problem is that this f*cker now made 25 btc paying 15.
I hope that he really dies in a car accident.

Sorry but you seem to struggle with basic math and logic. No wonder why you got took.
April 10, 2014, 01:40:09 PM
I repeat that, in my opinion, on his side, make 19 btc paying 15 with no risk, it was a good deal.
And on our side, making 10% with risk, was still a good deal, as, as far as I know, there isn't a SINGLE hosted mining that's profitable for shareholders. I searched, there aren't. All hosting mining offers won't give any return on investment, from cex.io to pbmining

The problem is that this f*cker now made 25 btc paying 15.
I hope that he really dies in a car accident.
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
April 10, 2014, 01:22:46 PM
It was absolutely unfeasible as per my reply to your so called "calculations" here...

Buyers remorse, I get it.  Your calculation is wrong. He paid 15 BTC, he makes 15 BTC from sales, profit so far = zero. Mining, ok I'll give you 3 BTC, fine.  3BTC - psu's - switches - wires - fans - probably those shelves - miscellaneous = zero profit so far.  If he sells all his shares, he no longer owns those antminers.  What he does own is 8% of the mining, 15 psu's, 15 fans, and a bunch of miscellaneous hardware clear and free, with no profit made thus far.  The diminishing 8% or 0.021BTC per day is no incentive for him to keep hosting. In 11 days, if the total hashrate trend doesn't change, his 8% turns into 0.017BTC per day. It's all downhill from here. In a month from now, I bet it will be 0.009. You really think that this guy will want to continue to host for peanuts. Your fooling yourself and so is he.

and here...

Buyers remorse, I get it.
3BTC                $1800 -
15 decent psu's  $1500
1 16 port switch $ 150
15 decent fans   $ 150
miscellaneous     $ pick a number

total                 $0 -  pick a number

or he's a terrible host buying terrible equipment

3BTC                $1800 -
15 crap psu's     $1000
1 crap switch     $ 75
15 crap fans      $ 75
miscellaneous     $ pick a number

total                 $650 - pick a number

If he bought crap equipment, then he definitely sucks.

I actually started to feel bad until the idiocy continued.

1. He doesn't work for the electric company of Belgium. I can't believe that you actually believe that.
2. You have no idea if Yannik Bindo is his real name or a real person.  The real Yannik Bindo may have just been set up. Yannik Bindo Milembo has zero online presence. I searched him, his gaming buddies, and his brother Cedric. Him and his brother have zero online presence except for gaming tournament results and gambling stats "from 8 years ago!" His buddies, on the other hand, have youtube channels and google+ accounts. I bet if you contact them and inquire about him, they'll probably say something crazy like him and his brother were killed in a car accident years ago.

edit: If he used his real birthday, which was probably required by the gambling/gaming tournament sites, he was 18 when the only signs of his existence appear on the web.

2nd edit: Which makes him a perfect candidate to pretend to be when scamming.
Or, he truly is a dumbass and used his real name
April 10, 2014, 12:23:43 PM
why didnt you noobs see this scam from beginning ?

Next time look at the business model and if its unfeasible then its a scam.

because the business model was not unfeasible, as I calculated here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5911900
shareholders already knew how he could get free energy (but seeing how I was treated after defending him, and losing my face like an idiot, I really hope that they will bust him and fire him. I also hope that his stolen antminers have a short circuit and ignite his f**king flat)
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
April 10, 2014, 10:33:37 AM

Next time look at the business model and if its unfeasible then its a scam. Business is to make money not charity. Greed blinded you and now you paid for the lesson.

Just move on.

too good to be true + internet forum + upfront payment + failure to disclose important info like the 'free electricity' (which would otherwise cost $350+ per month)

sigh
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
April 10, 2014, 02:42:59 AM
I don't see why you shouldn't be able to get that
It's a public address he doesn't own it.. it's assigned by his ISP.. There are no privacy laws broken by providing that information
You talking to me? I don't have any such access I said. Only the forum administrators do and you have to appeal to them. Don't take out your frustration on me.
Activity: 658
April 10, 2014, 01:22:36 AM
It's a public address he doesn't own it.. it's assigned by his ISP.. There are no privacy laws broken by providing that information

Also great attitude to have and it's good to see Senior members being such pillars of the community

If there is nothing left to do then delete this thread and the bad guy wins... in despite of our obvious stupidity for trusting him

And take that as an lesson.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
April 10, 2014, 12:54:38 AM

Also great attitude to have and it's good to see Senior members being such pillars of the community

If there is nothing left to do then delete this thread and the bad guy wins... in despite of our obvious stupidity for trusting him
Activity: 658
April 09, 2014, 11:51:32 PM

Next time look at the business model and if its unfeasible then its a scam. Business is to make money not charity. Greed blinded you and now you paid for the lesson.

Just move on.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
April 09, 2014, 11:46:31 PM
So the moderators know about this now?

I've sent them PM's to get the IP addresses registered against them so I can contact the ISP
He used his real name on Skype...

Is this not possible at all?
No moderator has that ability, only theymos can do that and he would likely not.
April 09, 2014, 10:24:11 PM
I've already checked into that..

There is very little information on who actually provides the power in Belgium.

Half of which I can't read and doesn't translate properly...
Not as easy as it would be here in Australia to track it down
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126
April 09, 2014, 08:41:53 PM

I've sent them PM's to get the IP addresses registered against them so I can contact the ISP

Best bet is to contact some of the leading a big power companies and give them an FYI, that if this person is working for them, he's ripped people off as well he's sucking power from them for free.
April 09, 2014, 08:32:55 PM

Activity: 256
Because it's sterile...
April 09, 2014, 04:50:36 PM
I truly hope this guy turns the Ants back on and says this was his "warning."  It is getting harder and harder to find trustworthy people in this community. I was scammed out of $2300 about a month ago so I definitely understand your frustration.

I can tell you that monitoring the wallet address is useless since it very easy conceal BTC movement. Part of the advantages of BTC can also be used maliciously unfortunately.
April 09, 2014, 12:40:45 PM
My share is still where I sent two weeks ago
https://blockchain.info/address/1NxsEQ6UhN5ET6XMASpS3SiHpTw1mLajHz

I received the first (and last, thanks to lowerjerzey timing - couldn't you wait 18 hours?) payment from this address:
https://blockchain.info/address/1CNsFvq1Vv9FoB9qnCH7FTeAEifL2kyWZy
Pages:
Jump to: