Pages:
Author

Topic: [LIKELY SCAM] Antminer group buy - page 9. (Read 16440 times)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250
March 25, 2014, 06:42:54 PM
@lowerjerzey who said it's zero ROI?
First, you don't have a 100% warranty that in 6 months you can make 1 BTC from an antminer.
In this way btcmin0r is 100% sure that will make 1 BTC + 8% weekly profit

With the 15 BTC that he has got back (now, and not after 130 days), he can get more powerful hardware
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
March 25, 2014, 06:09:18 PM
It seems you are really enjoying this so this is the last response you get from me because I won't be going back and forth with someone who clearly is saying the same over and over again in other sentences.

I'll keep repeating it until you prove me wrong. Why would you host 15 antminers for 6 months for zero ROI?  Let's see the math.  How are you benefiting or profiting from doing this. You're not! Making 8% from the mining is crap.

This here proves that you are clueless...

So, too much money with this fee  Tongue

And no one will want to receive miners at the end of the 6 months!
Please, help us poor mans Cheesy !

This is my first hosting group buy and i thought everything was reasonable but maybe it's not for the "poor man" Smiley
I changed what will happen after 6 months, so now you have the option to sell and if you have less than 36 shares it will be sold and you will receive your share in proportion to your shares.

Would 7% be a better acceptable fee? Keep in mind that it is a one time buy of the share(s) and you will never have to pay for hosting or electricity in the 6 months (except for fees ofcource)

You let Drai dictate what you should charge for your hosting.  Really, really? Some stranger posts that you are charging too much so you cater to him and change the price. Now tell the truth, did you really think this through and actually calculate the viability?  No, you didn't.  Honestly, if you sell all the shares and don't disappear, you're a fool working for 6 months for free.  

My.028BTC offer is still on the table.  Show me how you profit and the money is yours.  The only profit you would make is by stealing the bitcoins paid for shares and disappearing.

BEWARE!!
Activity: 90
March 25, 2014, 05:07:53 PM
Be careful people, this post seems like ponzi scheme and I remember minewithmind, an italian scammer
Activity: 567
Merit: 270
March 25, 2014, 03:18:39 PM
Once he realizes he is doing all this work for free, he's an idiot if he doesn't take the miners and bitcoins and run.

ssssssshhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
March 25, 2014, 02:04:59 PM
perhaps his ants have already ROI'd, what he's collecting now is BTC to... say perhaps buy an S2 or two...

It looks like he just bought them from bitmain.

Price I paid for the antminers was around 1BTC

I know I'm coming off as a dick, but I'm really telling the truth.  He's looking at a good amount of work and potential out of pocket expenses with zero ROI. So, even if he is not scamming, he has no incentive to stay honest with the shareholders.  Once he realizes he is doing all this work for free, he's an idiot if he doesn't take the miners and bitcoins and run.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126
March 25, 2014, 01:55:13 PM
perhaps his ants have already ROI'd, what he's collecting now is BTC to... say perhaps buy an S2 or two...
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
March 25, 2014, 01:54:03 PM
^im inclined to agree. a percentage cut is an odd way to operate, espescially when after 2-3 months it will be a very small cut, and dissapearing with the miners starts to look like an easy way out.
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
March 25, 2014, 01:30:27 PM
Obviously you don't have alot to do and I'm sure you have less than 1TH/S so thanks for the help but my calculations are fine and I am doing this to ROI asap and reinvest in more and better equipment and I will double the TH/S easy if I sell all the shares.
Prove it.  Let's see your math.  Where is the ROI?  You bought 15 antminers and sold shares at cost.  Profit $0.  Your ROI is .021BTC a day until the difficulty changes then you make even less.  OK, so how much did you pay for the PSUs?  A bronze psu goes for $70 so the total for 15 is $1050 but I'm sure you paid more, right, because you care about your equipment and won't buy some crappy bronze psu, especially since it has to run for 6 months straight.  At current market price .021BTC is $12.15.  $1050/$12.15 is  86.4 days.  Congrats!!!! Not counting any other hardware that you put out of pocket like surge protectors, switches and wires, you'll break even in 86.4 days.  That is not a very good ROI.  

Let's see your math. Prove this wrong and I'll give you 0.028BTC, the price of a share.  I don't want the share, a gift for proving me wrong.

Also, how are you getting free electricity?  Is it included in your rent?  Good luck with it staying free once the landlord gets the bill.  15 not overclocked antminers uses roughly 5400w.  Here in the US, the average is $.15kWh.  So the bill in the US would be around $600 a month.

help each other

That's was the whole point of my post. I'm helping you to realize you have made a very poor choice.  Truth hurts!!!!

And if you trying to help me why don't you PM me first instead of bashing my hosting and all the work I have done to get this far...

I smell some jealousy

Because I'm trying to prevent people from buying shares.  1.  To help you out.  You shouldn't be doing this.  2.  To help them out because, regardless of this being a scam, you won't make 6 months.  You'll quit, especially with your ROI being $0.

And saying phrases like "you don't know what the fuck you are doing" isn't really professional.

I do know what I am doing and that's why I am successful in life and have 15 antminers and now it's time to expand without investing more because this isn't my only investment in life so it is a good way to ROI and earn 8% PROFIT everyweek and meanwhile I can reinvest in more TH/S.

Please stay polite and friendly.

This isn't a professional setting so saying fuck is perfectly fine, and it was used to make a point.  Also, your 8% profit .021BTC a day(after waiting the 86.4 days) won't buy you any Th/s.

You posted this at the start of my post when it was already 8% and all the conditions were the same.
What changed ? That it actually was MY eligius page and I could change and seperate the miners? That you thought it wasn't mine, when it actually is? That my hosting groupbuy is working?

Yeah, I thought about throwing you a couple shares because the hosting and fee was too good to be true. It wasn't until I saw you had no clue what you were doing that I changed my mind.  When you actually changed the miner to point to some "shareholder's" wallet and then selling shares attached to actual miners, I knew to stay away.  If you are legit, you are making the worst business decisions possible.  What are you going to do when that shareholder who has his own miner says that he got hacked and all his bitcoins were stolen and he can't pay you your 8% share.  Are you just gonna take his miner away? Is it that simple, huh?  What if he is telling the truth? What if he's lying? Bad bad bad decisions.  Put it in a pot, take your cut(a percentage<-another poor decision), pay the shareholders.  Your way is godawful and opens the door to a ton of bullshit for you and the shareholders.

You are doing it wrong and the poor people who are buying shares or might buy shares need to know this.  On paper, shareholders benefit greatly and you don't at all. Your ROI is $0 and once you realize that, you'll probably quit.  

Remember, I'm actually trying to help you out!
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
March 25, 2014, 10:57:22 AM
No offense btcmin0r1, did you really think this through? Your are probably the most generous host who is working for very, very little pay. 6 months of babysitting 15 s1's which you are selling shares at equipment cost and you are only taking 8% of the mining? Do some math.

Profit from selling shares = $0
30 days of mining at current difficulty and BTC price = ~8BTC\$4,604 * 8% your cut = .64BTC\$368 a month(without factoring in inevitable difficulty changes)

You are essentially taking on a 6 month, 24/7 job of babysitting these things, making sure they stay up, dealing with broken equipment, figuring out payouts, dealing with unhappy shareholders..... to make .64BTC\$368 a month which will decrease with difficulty increases. Do you realize that 8% is 2.4 days of mining? Basically, if you keep all the profit and not sell shares, you would make the same amount in 2.4 days as you would selling shares and hosting at 30 days.

Let us break this down:   14.4 days (2 weeks) of doing pretty much nothing vs. 180 days (6 months) of labor to keep shareholders happy. Pick one, they both pay the same. I would go with the easier one.

I'm not trying to shoot you down, I'm actually trying to help you. Honestly, if I were you, I would refund what you sold and end this. This seems fun and cool right now, selling shares and shit, but in reality, it is dumb. Beware of what you are getting yourself into.

-

Or, this hosting is too good to be true and you'll disappear once you sell enough shares. Your fee is too good to be true and shareholders would make out awesome while you suffer and take it in the rear. If anything, this smells like a scam, no offense.

-

Or, lets say this is legit and are you are willing to put up with this 6 month burden for essentially no pay. Are you insane? To start, you set your fee as a percentage of the mining and a small percentage at that. That will decrease as difficulty goes up. You should be charging a flat fee in fiat to be paid out of the mined BTC at the price of the fiat per BTC at the time of payout. That's mistake 1. You are setting individual miners to shareholder's addresses and selling individual shares per actual physical miner? That doesn't work. That's mistake 2. Put it all in one pot and divvy it out after you pay yourself. Also, there will be guaranteed downtime. Why should certain shareholders suffer and not others. Plus, are you really going to figure out payouts per share per miner? Not possible. If I owned 36 shares and had a miner to myself, and it went down, I want to be reimbursed. Are you going to pay me out from the other miners? What if my miner completely breaks down? They do break. Do you have a backup miner for me or am I just shit out of luck? Do you have backup psu's? What about internet connection? What if that goes down? Do you have mobile hotspots as backup? I could go on and on.

Sorry, I've never hosted and never will, but common sense says this is amateur at best. To be goddamn honest, you don't know what the fuck you are doing and people buying shares should stop! Take my suggestion and send out refunds and just mine for yourself. All profit is yours. All downtime only effects your pocket. Nothing you could say could defend or justify you hosting or selling shares.  Give it up.

Remember, I'm actually trying to help you out!
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
March 25, 2014, 05:52:53 AM
I am interested in 36 shares. Please message me as soon as possible so we can get started. Thank you
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
March 24, 2014, 09:07:29 PM
Can i get a total for 5 shares and a unique address please
March 24, 2014, 04:23:27 PM
2 confirmations for Drai and the miner 106 has been changed to your workername.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1GhuhjdfdGa1Xvn7z4QWmhXpEsAxwW1DeB
Thank you
legendary
March 24, 2014, 03:28:47 PM
Payment received from crackfoo and waiting for 2 confirmations, can you also please give me a payout adress.

https://blockchain.info/address/15wLp62MUetxiMXVRGdtrjMVbYopZ3ghLW

Payout Address: 1LmTaL4mRDMqCwFDMkGtyP2C25vU26Hc6b

Thanks
legendary
March 24, 2014, 03:25:14 PM
Shares available : 428/540

Can I get 25 shares on 113? I'll buy the other 11 when I get more BTC...

Yes, you want to start mining at midnight for 125GH/S with a weekly payment or you want the option to change it immediatly to your poolinformation today and pay the 11 remaining shares within a 4 day period like above with Drai.

I'm not sure I'll collect enough in 4 days... so I'll just take the 25 for now.... if that's ok...

Yes ofcource that's fine, I will leave the other 11 shares open as long as I can on ant 113 so if you decide later to complete you still have the option.

Your unique payment adress: 15wLp62MUetxiMXVRGdtrjMVbYopZ3ghLW (this adress is for crackfoo only)

tx=e79a286d81e06682119c9cb8a8d75f2914937e2ce82cbe9b4f9bf42e5323b8bc
legendary
March 24, 2014, 03:16:29 PM

Yes, you want to start mining at midnight for 125GH/S with a weekly payment or you want the option to change it immediatly to your poolinformation today and pay the 11 remaining shares within a 4 day period like above with Drai.

I'm not sure I'll collect enough in 4 days... so I'll just take the 25 for now.... if that's ok...
legendary
March 24, 2014, 03:04:23 PM

Activity: 259
Merit: 250
March 24, 2014, 02:33:59 PM
Hi, I want to buy 5 shares, can you give me an unique address?
March 24, 2014, 02:24:24 PM
Check this tx-id: https://blockchain.info/tx/329b2a1c801972c33a83721e62d81751de0cf30b2aeb7cb32c582c14ef79eb4b

New payout adress confirmed : 1GhuhjdfdGa1Xvn7z4QWmhXpEsAxwW1DeB
Still continue to use this address as username on eligius, ok?
Let me say, if I could choose, ant 106!  Tongue

I checked the amounts you were talking about and its correct it adds up to 40 shares.
See! I'm learning Smiley
March 24, 2014, 01:40:27 PM
Hi bitmin0r1,
I'm coming back to buy 33 shares more.
I can send to you 0.5 BTC, now and once I received the mined bitcoins that are pending on my eligius pages I will send you the remaing 0.416.

You can take for you/avoid to calculate what I've mined with my previous shares right now, if you agree to let me begin to mine with a full ant today. And for the further 4 share you'll care from the moment that the .416 are paied and confirmed.

What do you think?
Activity: 98
March 24, 2014, 12:11:35 PM
Just my advice don't take it personal I know you said not going to overclock but you are currently running at average 2.65Th/s If you overclock to 205Gh/s that's just over 3.075Th/s

You could then sell the shares between 2.65Th/s and 3 Th/s to pay for running costs ?

Or am I just totally missing this ?

I ran 12 Ants on 400Mhz for 4 Months straight not 1 single drop so they are reliable.

Just my opinion  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: