Pages:
Author

Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware - page 19. (Read 423220 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Update:

Hosting:

We will be processing payments for hosting for the first period shortly, and after each subsequent difficulty change thereafter. The first payment will be for the difficulty periods beginning November 5th and November 17th. While the cluster was not at 100% until recently due to setup and testing, payouts for these periods will be based on 100% uptime with a hashrate of 4.5gh/s. We will also be waiving the hosting and electrical fees for these periods. The power consumption per unit is 75 watts, which includes the units themselves and the infrastructure necessary to house and cool them. The electricity cost for each period will be calculated using the Coinbase USD/BTC exchange rate at the end of each period.

Just to verify, does this mean we will be paid for every time from Nov 5 up to now at a steady 4.5gh/s, and then paid from now on at the actual hash rate?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
If steamboat can pull this off and in a timely manner kudo's to him and I will have nothing but the upmost respect unfortunately actions speak louder than words so im holding back my praise for now until the BTC is in my wallet

Admittedly this statement is a little worrying:

"We will be processing the refunds over the course of the next few weeks. Please continue to be patient with us during this process, as it will take time. "

I hope not very many weeks...
technically he should be able to use them to mine to process the refunds, thats probably what would be happening, i'd be patient, so far steamboat has kept his word, on a side note, I ROI'd on my bitcoin miners in USD, its nice to have them in hand even for resale value Wink
Activity: 294
If steamboat can pull this off and in a timely manner kudo's to him and I will have nothing but the upmost respect unfortunately actions speak louder than words so im holding back my praise for now until the BTC is in my wallet

Admittedly this statement is a little worrying:

"We will be processing the refunds over the course of the next few weeks. Please continue to be patient with us during this process, as it will take time. "

I hope not very many weeks...
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
still no answer to my emails ... i requested my miners as they are weeks ago ...
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
thank you steamboat
Activity: 141
???
Fantastic news Steamboat. 

You and your team are a credit, with some of the best customer service around. I was part of this GB as well as the Zefir/Burnin effort. All three of these turned out as well as could be expected with the childlike antics of Avalon. Just have a look at all the other GB's that fell apart. Keep up the hardware effort, a lot of us would buy again. 

cheers
Activity: 378
Try running at 340mhz instead of 350mhz and see what happens.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Check your hub/USB cables bitcoinanon.

Or your PSU.

Also I do not use a config in windows,just a bat file,no compiling,no config,makes it too easy  Cheesy

I also use 3.7.0 CGminer  Wink

Thanks for the update Steamboat!!!!!!!!!!  Cool
Activity: 42
I have been running my KLN for about a month now and have not seen an issue.  In fact I have had less trouble with it than I have had with some of my block erupters.  Its been running solid avg of 4.5gh/s @ 50C with <0.001% error rate.  That's about as good as my jallys (well before I overclocked them).  Currently running with cgminer 3.7.2/Win7 I have not tried it on the latest cgminer yet. 
From all of that has happened throughout this, SB you've been doing a great job!
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
The way of the future...
I have three klondikes that were hashing just fine at 5.5gh/s. But yesterday one of them failed to update stats and quit altogether. I tried unpluging and a hard reboot. Then started cg miner and all of them were hashing but at 3.3 gh/s then the same one quit again. I get the same error each time. Sometimes after the buggy KLN fails to update cgminer will recognize that same miner as a new miner and name it KLN 3 instead of KLN0. This will happen over and over sometimes. I just restarted cg miner and got this

Any suggestions?
Activity: 147
A more then fair solution, nice work SB and everyone else, I am however confused, since I didn't receive a chip refund (i was likely too slow in requesting it), I'm not eligible for an assembly refund, where does that leave me?
Should I start checking the mail for arrival of my units shortly?

I am in the same place - not sure to check my wallet for refund or mail for hardware.
Activity: 294
Thanks for the update SteamBoat! I know I've been pretty hard on you here, and pretty vocal. But this sounds really fair.

Your efforts really ARE appreciated. I know this was a huge PITA for you. I'd have obviously liked more frequent communication. But otherwise you've done extremely well with a very crappy situation. Thank You.

You really are earning my respect. Come through with the refunds as promised, and you'll have my public apology as well for giving you such a hard time all these weeks.
Activity: 21
i didnt requested refund either ... i requested my miners as they are, twice ... no reply

the side that u dont see in this, steamboat made the miners with OUR money, he has them now, he will refund us what he makes in 1 day with them, and all of u people are like .. "wow .. u're so nice steamboat" when he actually build a huge miner with our money ...

If steamboat can make my entire refund in 1 day, then I can make my own return on investment in 1 day too, the math doesn't work out, mining with these units is barely profitable as it is, assuming the USD/BTC exchange rate keeps climbing, I may just break even on them in 6 months, at which point I'll have to shut them off because they won't be making any money and just cost electricity.

I think he's trying to do right by us, and locking the BTC at $126 is more then I expected him to do, to me that says a lot about his intentions [assuming it's not just talk].
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
i didnt requested refund either ... i requested my miners as they are, twice ... no reply

the side that u dont see in this, steamboat made the miners with OUR money, he has them now, he will refund us what he makes in 1 day with them, and all of u people are like .. "wow .. u're so nice steamboat" when he actually build a huge miner with our money ...
Activity: 21
A more then fair solution, nice work SB and everyone else, I am however confused, since I didn't receive a chip refund (i was likely too slow in requesting it), I'm not eligible for an assembly refund, where does that leave me?
Should I start checking the mail for arrival of my units shortly?

Activity: 39
Thanks for the awesome refund news, Steamboat!

And thanks to the entire crew for all their hard work!

Greatly appreciated.

Activity: 50
This is a killer deal.... Good work SB and crew!
cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets
Awesome news, looks like you did the best with what you had been dealt.
Activity: 476
Quote from: steamboat
The refund will include 25% of the assembly costs, and 100% of the shipping and hosting fees, as well as 100% of the assembly fees for those customers that purchased the Fully Assembled unit finish option.
Okay, I'm trying to figure out the numbers on this. Hopefully, SB can chime in with clarification. Let's take a Fully Assembled Unit with Hosting as an example:

$ 95.00 Assembly ($35 PCB + $60 PCB Assembly)
$123.50 DIY Kit (so Fan, Heatsink, etc. is $28.50 ($123.50 - $95))
$133.50 Full Unit (assembly of all parts and testing is therefore another $10)

$ 15.00 Hosting Setup

I'm a bit confused as to what are "assembly costs" (refunded at 25%) and "assembly fees" (refunded at 100%). A couple of possibilities:

Scenario 1:

25% of $95.00 (where assembly is defined as the $35 PCB + $60 PCB assembly cost)
 25% of $28.50 (fan/heatsink/etc.)
100% of $10.00 (full unit assembly)
100% of $15.00 (hosting setup)
  Total $55.875

Scenario 2 (PCB and fan/heatsink costs not included as part of assembly costs, since they are purchased parts):

25% of $60.00 ($60 PCB assembly cost only)
100% of $10.00 (full unit assembly)
100% of $15.00 (hosting setup)
  Total $40.00

Scenario 3

Other permutations? Am I making this more complicated than it really is or something?

Quote from: steamboat
While we are not responsible for fluctuations in the exchange rate, we have chosen to lock the rate to that of Sept. 11th, the day we announced we would be accepting assembly refund requests, in order to attempt to help ease the BTC losses of our customers. The exchange rate will be $126.61 per BTC, based on the price history of Coinbase.

If I understand this correctly, this is indeed epic. Using numbers above:

Scenario 1: $55.875 / $126.61 = 0.441315852 BTC refunded per hosted miner
Scenario 2: $40.00  / $126.61 = 0.315930811 BTC refunded per hosted miner

-dmc

IMO its secenario 1.
either are correct: 25% of 95$(assambly only) or 25% of 123$(diy kit)
100% shipping
100% hosting
100% 10$ for those who bought fully assambled diy kit.

Bravo Steamboat if that happens Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: