Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin is officially dead - page 18. (Read 290683 times)

Activity: 885
Merit: 112
December 20, 2017, 05:30:35 PM
I don't think that Litecoin is officially dead, an altcoin that has become one of the pioneering coin in crypto currency I doubt. Because, its value still in stage that can be considered as expensive one.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 20, 2017, 05:05:44 PM
yes LiteCoin is officialy dead and the main dev Charlie Lee Dumped all of it's coins. if it was a young project, everyone will call him scammer.

LTC will fail because the only innovation behind it is multiplication by 4!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
December 20, 2017, 05:02:02 PM
I won't say LTC is dead but things are not looking that interesting . Devs expected that LTC price will react same way as that of BTC after launch of ASICS but overall whole logic seems to be failing . I own few LTC and hope it will recover.

I agree. I won't say it's dead. For right now, I think the developers are just letting it coast for now, since pumping litecoin would be in vain because of bitcoin's price surge since last December. I think what they are waiting for is the opportunity for the surge to halt or have a break, so the whatever pump value they would do would actually be of use. Also, this is not only experienced by litecoins, it is experienced by most altcoins across the market, which is an indicator that dealing with altcoins may not be so much of a good idea right now.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
December 20, 2017, 04:58:53 PM
Litecoin is not going anywhere, but i don't see it growing much further either. If bitcoin can scale, whats the point of LTC in the future?
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
December 20, 2017, 04:54:55 PM
i guess the guy who created this thread will be nowhere to find right no,litecoin nothing near dead
indeed litecoin is now on a trip to the moon this guy will regret too much now i always thought this altcoin is promising i am fan of it since the start.
Activity: 512
Merit: 11
December 20, 2017, 04:50:45 PM
Litecoin is still alive after 3years maybe it will die soon as the founder said he sold all of his LTC,but not selling mine i still believe to the LTC's future.

It's alive but it is still as useless as it ever was, the only thing it offers better than bitcoin is faster confirmations and ethereum already does that better. From a technical perspective OP is right, just the market has chosen to keep this coin going as it has a lot of other older altcoins.
Why was it necessary to create such a topic and try to persuade the death of lightcoin, which can not really be? We have been watching for a long time how this currency is developing and has a status for good prospects for the future.
Activity: 182
Merit: 106
December 20, 2017, 04:34:04 PM
Litecoin is still alive after 3years maybe it will die soon as the founder said he sold all of his LTC,but not selling mine i still believe to the LTC's future.

It's alive but it is still as useless as it ever was, the only thing it offers better than bitcoin is faster confirmations and ethereum already does that better. From a technical perspective OP is right, just the market has chosen to keep this coin going as it has a lot of other older altcoins.
Activity: 275
Merit: 11
December 20, 2017, 04:31:17 PM
Activity: 225
Merit: 103
December 20, 2017, 04:26:54 PM
The post was written by the author 3 years ago. And Litecoin does not die and does not die. That's how hard the coin was. Smiley I believe in this coin, now it falls to the ground because of Lee's words. I do not think that news make sense. I see this as the manipulation and the whale's way to earn a lot of money on the fall.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 546
Be nice!
December 20, 2017, 03:38:05 PM
Litecoin is officially dead, why you may ask?

What Litecoin used to offer:

ASIC Resistance
GPU Resistance
2.5minute blocktime

What Litecoin now offers:
2.5minute blocktime

Basically, Litecoin is worth less than Blackcoin, Netcoin, OompaLoompaCoin, heck, practically anycoin that has a faster blocktime and Any other feature... Litecoin offers absolutely nothing over what 99% of these alt coins offers, even the worst alt coin offer more innovative features than Litecoin. And to those litecoin bagholders, who say that "Litecoins age and adoption" is something it offers, that's not true..There are NO reputable stores Worldwide that accept Litecoin, not one.

Verdict: Litecoin is dead, it hasn't been updated in years, it's a practically abandoned coin. I'm gonna feel really sorry to all the litecoin bagholders that are still "HODLING" when Litecoin reaches $1, 50 cents, 10 cents etc.

Then you are completely wrong today, almost every alts rocketed this year and litecoin is one of the coins that gained so much. It became a dead coin for some time but it clearly has a potential, and it did rose from the dead and gained so much.
Activity: 232
Merit: 103
December 20, 2017, 03:28:41 PM
I've never cared for Litecoin, but when I hear people lamenting the death of a coin it makes me want to buy it.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
December 20, 2017, 03:19:07 PM
I didn't expect to see so many members not being positive about litecoin.
It has a good and solid development team, quite low fees and this year the coin rised from 4 to almost 100$, which means something. Now it dropped to around 50$, due to the exchange ban in China, but it is slowly getting higher again (like bitcoin)
I am a holder of litecoin, mainly because I am a fan of Charles Lee, and I think the value will continue to rise

Me neither. There are many people in crypto land which believe that Litecoin is already dead, when in fact, it's all the contrary. Given its stability and recent scalability upgrade, I'd say that LTC has a very bright future ahead of it just like Bitcoin.

Once, Litecoin adopts the Lightning Network, then it will greatly enhance its ability to handle large transaction volume, eventually leading towards popularity and acceptance in the mainstream world.

One thing for sure is that Litecoin is one of the most stable altcoins in existence and it's often referred as silver to Bitcoin's gold. With this in mind, it could rise in value over the course of time. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 518
Merit: 325
December 14, 2017, 01:09:22 PM
Hey Remember how the big rise all happened when people took notice after CBOE launched futures trading for BTC, turning heads towards better coins too like LTC? Well, Forbes predicts that being a big part of the reason, and another rise could come when CME launches futures trading too in 4 days, and when LTC and ETH join in futures trading later on, the LTC HODLers will be in the best moods of any year of their life with the value of their wallets Smiley

All short term charts aside, I like seeing the big picture since were all Holding On for Dear Life anyhow Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
December 12, 2017, 09:59:12 PM
I know, this is like a mini wall for litecoin peeps.

HODL!

Oh wait, Litecoin is the coin for spending. SPENDL!

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Invent Bacon-Coin and see me HODL
December 12, 2017, 05:06:53 PM
Gotta love this sort of thread, actually these ones for each currency need to be bookmarked to be brought up later on once the coin explodes
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
December 12, 2017, 05:03:26 PM
i guess the guy who created this thread will be nowhere to find right no,litecoin nothing near dead
Activity: 397
Merit: 250
December 12, 2017, 04:57:39 PM
I'm tempted to trade some back to BTC now but wondering if we might take out the 2015 high of 0.035??
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
December 12, 2017, 02:46:46 PM
Today Litecoin is gold and bitcoin is silver
https://coinpioneer.net/coin-guide/litecoin-description
Is just for today? well with how the value really jumped so high maybe its gathered some attention but btc is still far from this
coin in terms of value, so if ltc is a gold maybe btc is sort of as a diamond or a much previous metal.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
December 12, 2017, 02:39:37 PM
If you made a comparison with precious metals and crypto currency, then this can probably be regarded as sarcasm, because in my opinion too, gold and silver are of far greater value.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
December 12, 2017, 02:34:54 PM
Pages:
Jump to: