Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 96. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 538
dont be greedy
March 08, 2018, 06:25:08 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
Short term usually gets a lot of profit in%, but I have never dared to invest big on short term
then long term only for trusted coins
although only get a few%, but longterm more reliable
Activity: 89
Merit: 0
March 08, 2018, 06:24:08 PM
my portfolio tells me that the risk of short-term investments is more risky than a long-term investment, because I do not choose coins that have the potential to make short-term investments, I only look for altcoins whose value moves quickly then I buy when low value and sell it when I get a profit though a little
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
March 08, 2018, 06:22:36 PM
Most of my holdings are long time investments. I am doing some trading as well, but I am very careful with it, because of lack of experience.
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
March 08, 2018, 06:16:08 PM
I usually go long term in all of my crypto. I had a lot of experience in short term trading where I made a small amount of profit as compared to the profit which I would have got if I held onto those coins instead of just selling them for short term profit.
Activity: 294
March 08, 2018, 05:55:39 PM
I keep most of my coins for a long time and I only sell the one that can bring me more than 400% profit or if I urgently need money.
Activity: 208
March 08, 2018, 06:28:15 AM
of course i choose long term like everyone else because we already know that long term much better because we can earn bigger profit than the short term

we can still make big profit on short term trading but it still depends on the wave of the market. if you ride with the waves, the better.
but for me, i will still choose for long term, because aside from big profit as you said, it is less riskier compared to short term.
Activity: 286
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
March 08, 2018, 03:17:36 AM
of course i choose long term like everyone else because we already know that long term much better because we can earn bigger profit than the short term
Activity: 248
https://exclusiveplatform.com/
March 08, 2018, 02:51:54 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

I'm not so much risking % of my portfolio for now, and I'm not trading much this past few days. But I always prefer long-term because a much higher income can be earn by that way. But if I trade again (short term), I will only risk 25% of my portfolio.
Activity: 79
March 08, 2018, 02:35:05 AM
If you have money you won't need for 10 years or more, the stock market can be a great place to put it. Of course, if you need it tomorrow, the stock market is probably way too risky.

If you start investing for retirement early, then you can let your investments run for decades. That's a situation where stocks are a good investing strategy.

You can use stocks for most of your portfolio, and history shows stocks offer an attractive return.

Of course, we can't take history for granted, so we recommend you diversify with bonds and real estate to manage risk over any period.

Don't forget to think long term, even if it seems like retirement is a long ways away.
Activity: 392
Merit: 21
March 08, 2018, 02:06:53 AM
I prefer long term because the longer you hold your funds in a long period period of time the more the profits.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 10
March 05, 2018, 02:30:59 PM
as begins with the captures of information from the release of drawing with the market, trader to follows with the reference on displacing limit of barriers with the field of objectives to put with the appeals on hypothesis to request of excess as closing with the returns of confinement.

Activity: 182
The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
March 05, 2018, 01:52:58 PM

It depends on your altcoins you're holding.
As I am holding more than a dozen of coins, not all of them are for long-term and for short-term so some of the altcoins are for long-term and some are for short-term.
That's why soon I am going to sell off some of my Altcoins that aren't increasing and some of my Altcoins are pumping almost every week so therefore I am going to hold them for my future projects.
Long term investments is good to get higher investment returns and always be.
Activity: 238
March 05, 2018, 01:44:28 PM
In addition, Investors usually fall into one of two categories; there are those who invest for short term gains and others who invest for the long term. Both strategies have benefits and drawbacks.
Short term investing generally refers to holding any particular investment for less than one year. While Long term investors on the other hand will often hold an investment for five, ten or even twenty to thirty years at a time. Now,The goal of any investor is to grow your invested capital: to make money. This is what investors do and it is accomplished simply by buying low and selling high. If it only it was that simple! Investors who trade on shorter time-lines aim to buy Bitcoin when the market is low or if  Bitcoin has been beat up and represents a good value. They then try to sell the investment in a few days, weeks or months when it has recovered and can show a profit.
It's interesting. I thought that a year is already a long term. So I'm still a supporter of short storage. I sold some coins after a month of owning them
Activity: 528
Merit: 250
March 05, 2018, 10:58:25 AM
If you make long term investment you shouldnt check the prices so often otherwise you will be upset and stressed so many times till you sell them. And if you make short term you should check every single minute not to miss something.
You should study first the project roadmap, some project will really pump, if the roadmap is excellent as well the team is willing to stick on their words or they can be guaranteed it the product, I believe many coins from last year ICO will succeed soon when the project is fully done. It's a good way to indicate if the project can make it long term.
It's really important to know how the team treat with community. If they don't update the code on the github or trying to hide technical part of the project you have to suspect them.
copper member
Activity: 252
March 05, 2018, 06:37:16 AM
I also take profits in Bitcoin and Ethereum, so it makes it easy to stay long on them. The one thing you have to make sure of is your not selling off your profits in BTC, If You Expect that coin will pump in a Small period of time then hit that buy Button otherwise you Should be Careful Because there are a lot of coins today that are big Losers. in my opinion long term Investment is Better than short Term. i believe that the Crypto world Nowadays and increase its Market value this coming days and then sell them right away as soon as you recovered all your Investment and Double your Profits from it. 
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
March 04, 2018, 11:33:38 PM
If you make long term investment you shouldnt check the prices so often otherwise you will be upset and stressed so many times till you sell them. And if you make short term you should check every single minute not to miss something.
You should study first the project roadmap, some project will really pump, if the roadmap is excellent as well the team is willing to stick on their words or they can be guaranteed it the product, I believe many coins from last year ICO will succeed soon when the project is fully done. It's a good way to indicate if the project can make it long term.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
March 04, 2018, 11:33:30 PM
For me both of them are profitable if you do the right thing or technique, example while you are invested in a long term on the other hand you can invest to a short term investment while waiting for your long term investment profit.
If we have a chance to invest in long term the better because it would be profitable if the entire crypto market will grow. 
Short term investment is all about proper timing, if you are good at it, of course you can make good money and limit does not exist here.
Activity: 238
March 04, 2018, 11:29:00 PM
any coin is a long-term simply at the turn of the market you need to shift money into technical dollars , and on the rise to take the coins back
Activity: 182
March 04, 2018, 11:21:34 PM
Well, since I am busy to check all of my portfolio, then I would probably go for long term because there are so much things to do and I believe that long term is more profitable than short term due to the fact that a 19 years old became millionaire just because of buying btc in a cheap and holding it for a long term of time. However, the term of holding always depends on the situation.
Activity: 82
Merit: 1
March 04, 2018, 11:02:13 PM
For me both of them are profitable if you do the right thing or technique, example while you are invested in a long term on the other hand you can invest to a short term investment while waiting for your long term investment profit.
Pages:
Jump to: